The relais is a little off the beaten track but was perfect for three nights to allow easy access to montepulciano, la pienza and Cortona. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. The room cleaning/turndown service was perfect. Given its relative isolation we ate at the restaurant on the first night and never looked back. The food we ate at the relais was the best we ate any where in Italy. Reasonably priced too. The restaurant doesn't start service until 7:30 and at this time you are offered a prosecco. Before this time however we were not offered a drink and I think you would actually need to go to the reception and ask. There was one waiter and he was only in training so perhaps this is why we were never offered drinks prior to 7:30. The drinks service is a little slow but given our relaxed mode it didn't bother us too much. Señor protti is charming and helpful. The old buildings have been beautifully restored. The view from the terrace is absolutely stunning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais San Pietro in Polvano, a family-run establishment set in an eighteenth-century converted hamlet in the Tuscan hills, is pure paradise for those seeking a quiet retreat. The panoramic pool is located on one of the terraces overlooking the olive groves and valley and is the perfect spot for relaxing or sipping a drink whilst enjoying the spectacular sunsets. An evening turn-down service adds to the luxurious atmosphere and attention to detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Hotels.com and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your Relais San Pietro in Polvano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais San Pietro In Polvano Hotel Castiglione Fiorentino
- Relais San Pietro In Polvano Tuscany/Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy