All reviews wedding reception waiting staff the ground floor a bit tired new forest plenty of parking breakfast was excellent eggs benedict cooked breakfast function room lovely room bar and restaurant bed was comfortable busy road the main road rear dorset
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

While back home from southampton got chance to stop to have dinner. I had a sea-bass as a main portion which was very tasty and cooked fresh but not big portion and felt hungry and ordered second main course chicken Ceaser salad even that had also tiny portion. Only few fresh chicken pieces and baby lettuce. I paid about £33.00 for food and £14.00 for double grey goose and red bull and pint peroni.
In overall good food but portion sizes are very small. Need at least 2 main portions and few sides for main course to be full. I think it is not worthy to pay that price for those portions. You get better food somewhere in cheaper price.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
stleonardsRingwood, General Manager at St. Leonards Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for feedback. Our meals are prepared to company specifications and I will ensure these are being adhered to.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

So disappointed we booked here for Sunday lunch, I wasn’t expecting much but thought we might still get a half decent plate of food! It was awful! roast potatoes cold and not cooked properly very little soggy veg meats were very dry and cold yourkshire pudding had been reheated and was like cardboard presentation slop! This is the first time I have ever written a review! But felt so embassarred at the meal we had. All of it was freezing cold.. need to up their game no wonder the restaurant was empty at 2.30 Sunday afternoon. Oh a the pudding binoffie pie was tasty not fresh, frozen pre bought tasted not bad. I’ve cream Cornish vanilla it was not it was a horrible tasting orange looking thing!’ that none of us ate. Won’t be coming back! Staff are sloppy

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank jeaton0

Thank you for your review, I will discuss your comments with our Kitchen Team.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We eat out frequently, especially at weekends with our 18-month-old, we make allowances especially as we have a child, but given there was only a handful of tables and 4/5 members of staff the service and especially the food was terrible. Our child was very hungry so when ordering at the bar I asked for some bread and butter to come immediately, I joked a few times with the member of staff etc how our boy goes from fine to starving, but this only came after our main courses were delivered! Pointless by this point. The coke we ordered was flat - obviously flat when pouring, so had this changed for a bottle - though paid for a pint. The roast dinners we had were some of the worst I've experienced, mildly warm, poor quality, not remotely tasty in any way. The staff were chatting/joking around and couldn't be any less interested. All in all, a really terrible experience - that I had to pay for.

1  Thank Richard W

Thank you for taking the time to review. We have met with the kitchen team and made improvements to our Sunday roast offer and addressed your comments regarding the front of house team.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a Sunday roast, last minute. Unfortunately despite the place being very quiet, the food still came out cold & wasn’t very good quality. we’d asked for some bread and butter to nibble on before our mains arrived, but this came out with our food - again, disappointing. Just a poor quality meal in a very unloved location.

1  Thank Beck533

Thank you for your comments which we have discussed with the kitchen team and all our meals will be checked with our specifications going forward.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner last night at the St Leonards Hotel. We had a party of 8 of us and had made a reservation when we got there our table had not even been set up so we had to wait for them to set up the tables and they had our reservation down as for a party of 2, not a good start.

We ordered our starters my partners starter came out and was frozen in the middle we sent it back. By the time they sent out a fresh one everyone had finished their starters. Because of this we then had to wait ages for our mains to come out.

When we got our main meals, my sister in law had ordered steak but it was full of gristle she couldn't eat it they apologised and said they would take it off the bill. I ordered the rib and pulled pork with rosemary fries. The rib was delicious and fell off the bone. The pulled pork was cold as were the chips at this point given our experience with how long it took to get a replacement starter so I ate the main as it was.

Our deserts were lovely we couldn't fault them.

It was a shame this was our first visit as it has put me off a bit. The staff were friendly and tried to resolve the issues but they clearly news to work on getting the basics right. If they could execute the menu better as there are a really good selection of dishes we would definitely come back.

1  Thank kazcruise4

Thank you for your comments, we apologise that you did not have a good experience with us. We hope you will join us when our new mwnu launches at the end of October.