“Sizzling, eh?”

Price range: USD 24 - USD 32
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

The Keys was recommended by a friend and I can see why. Lovely building in a nice location, delightful staff and beautifully kept beer.

The food came in a timely manner, as per the order and was piping hot.

So far so good and I’ve given it a 4* rating so what’s the problem?

Zero vibe or atmosphere.

The fajitas were described on the menu as sizzling. No they weren’t. I’ve enjoyed these in plenty of places and they arrive in a spectacular fashion spitting, smoking and sizzling away. These didn’t so the menu is misleading.

Now to the artisan bread platter....yours for “only” £5.50. Marinated olives eh? More like dry mass produced pitted uniform sized black olives - and thankfully only a few of them. Lacklustre slices of bread with no imagination. Some oils....check. And the tiniest pot of watery tasteless hummus I’ve had the misfortune to experience in a long long time. This could have been great....but it wasn’t. I hate using the words rip off....but....

Good overall but special enough to go rushing back to? No.

Manager T, General Manager at The Keys, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thank you for this feedback and I'm sorry that we did quite meet your expectations during your last visit. I have fed back your comments to our kitchen team who will look to address the points made. Kind Regards, Tom.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

This bar / restaurant is very easy to get to from M6 and Lancaster they have friendly staff and a great menu we have called into this lovely bar on many occasions and have never been disappointed there is plenty of parking and have outside tables for those sunny days to enjoy your drinks the only thing I’d say to you all is make sure to bring your debit card so give yourself a treat and give it a try you’ll not be disappointed

John, thank you for writing this review and for the constructive feedback regarding our prices, we try to offer a range of prices on the menu and often run decent promotions too, if you're planning a visit in June/ July then you can take advantage of 25% off the main menu mon-thu using the promo code 'HOT25'. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Keys soon. Cheers again for this review :) Kind Regards, Tom & The Keys Team.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

The car park was almost empty and we unsure if The Keys were open let alone serving food. We'd not been here for food for quite some time as it had gone down hill considerably. But as it had been taken over since our last visit , thought we would give it a go. Glad we did.
We were given a choice of eating in the restaurant or the bar area. As the menues were the same we chose to eat in the bar as this was more cosy.
The bar staff were very smartly dressed and polite also very helpful.
A set menue or regular menues to choose from or you could use both.
We only had a main course on this occasion. But it was very nice and well presented .
My wife had sizzling Chicken fajitas, comes with 4 wraps cheese and 2 sauces.
Myselfe, i had the Steak & ale pie. Very nice it was too, this came with seasonal veg and chips, althogh you can choose from potatoes of your choice and a separate jug of gravy, this is an excellent idea as not all people like their food swimming, i for one prefer just a little over my pie.
Certainly on this occasion i recommend 100%
10/10 for cleaness
10/10 Service
10/10 Food quality & quantity
All in all The Keys is back on the map.
Well done guys, we will be back.

1  Thank Twoshoes44

I'm personally delighted to read your review as I'm sure the team will be too. I'm especially pleased that this visit has restored your faith in The Keys and as you say has become one of your stops within your restaurant map. I hope you enjoy your next visit as much as this one, Kind Regards, Tom & The Keys Team.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Great pub. Sat outside in sun. Local brews and recipes. Well worth straying off the motorway for. We had gammon and fries, steak and Mac and cheese and north sea pie. All superb quality and quantity. 2 course meal cost 12 pounds. 3 course was 15 pounds. Real ales and welcoming staff.

Thank you for taking your time and for this positive review, we hope to welcome you back soon perhaps on your next trip up/down the M6. Kind Regards, Tom & The Keys Team.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

First time visit to The Keys after visiting Grange, Arnside and Cartmel. We tried here at the recommendation of friends who were accompanying us.
We were met on entry and shown to a nice table by a friendly waitress. The dining room was well furnished and light and airy and a cut above the normal pub dining experience.
The menu was very comprehensive and as it was Sunday the traditional Sunday roast was on offer with a wide selection of meats.
After some deliberation two of our party chose the Lancashire cheese and leek pie with butternut squash croquettes and garden peas, another the steak pie with chips and my wife the chicken Sunday roast which was quite a platefull!
Without exception we all enjoyed our meals and when my wife requested extra gravy this was brought without any fuss.
The two ladies had glasses of red wine and the gents two pints of cask ale, the prices were dearer than I’d expect but the ale was well kept and tasty.
Unfortunately we were all too full to try anything off the dessert menu so a return visit is definitely called for.
To sum up, the staff were friendly and helpful, the food delicious and the surroundings convivial to a good meal.

We're so glad that you've enjoyed your Sunday meal with us here at The Keys, we've put a lot of thought and time planning out our Sunday offering and the team will be delighted to read that it has added to your enjoyment during this visit. Kind Regards, Tom & The Keys Team.