“Second visit- to make sure the first one wasn’t actually that bad! ”
Review of The Indian Cottage - CLOSED

The Indian Cottage
Price range: USD 11 - USD 16
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Penhow Newport, The Indian Cottage is an exceptional Indian Restaurant serving up authentic, delicious food. We have created a menu that will please everyone, from those who enjoy the traditional spice of our dishes to vegetarians and the more health conscious diner.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If you’re in a really, sad, like ‘I wanna be left alone’ kinda mood. You might have the perfect place here. You’re greeted, by someone, who also, doesn’t want to be there, shown to your ‘dessert island’ table and handed a menu, that might a well be your last rites. At this point you have two choices. Do I get the fink! Out, or do I order?

I’m that depressed, I order..... a beer. As I’ve been sat at this table for 10-15 mins and no one has asked me for a drink. By now, all I want to do is leave.

However, I was disturbed, by some chatter, by another customer. Of which I was delighted of some actual atmosphere!

That guy was just checking that the kitchen had included the trimmings in his meal/now takeaway!

I ate left and vowed never to return!

Unless I was really, really sad!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

NO LONGER INDIAN BUT SERVING GREAT BAR FOOD
New management (Rock & Fountain) will surely get this place up to standard.
Lovely Barn building in a nice country setting

Reviewed 6 February 2018

We have been eating here since the restaurant opened. It has just changed its name and ownership so we decided to take our friend for a special treat. What a disappointment. We had the worst meal we have ever had. My tandoori prawn dish previously served on a sizzling hot dish was served on a cold plate and was stone cold. All the other dishes were mediocre. So poor in fact that we won't be returning. Living in this area we are well-served by good restaurants. This is no longer one of them - what a pity.

1  Thank a6RRW
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

I can only speak as I find! Our food tonight was fantastic! Will definitely be returning! In fact we can't wait! Thank you!

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Used to visit this place every Sunday when it was known as "Indian Cottage" and always had a stunning meal, and always looked forward to visiting, gave it 5 *. Visited when name changed to "Amin's Indian kitchen & Bar" and was very disappointed. The menu was different and the curry was not like it used to be, very watery and quite bland. Gutted, as this was our weekly treat!! Will not be returning sorry.

2  Thank Bev_Shaun_13