All reviews aplaya restaurant adobo rice main restaurant beach resort big bathtub barrio fiesta main pool buffet breakfast sized bed loboc river snorkeling trip cultural show worth the price family vacation chocolate hills food choices siomai
Reviewed 10 July 2018

It was a perfect place to spend time in with someone you love. It gave us time to be alone and enjoy each other. There were a lot of amenities to enjoy and it serves as a good jumping off place to see the sights - whether you prefer land or water destinations.

Room Tip: The villas are very private and roomy. Also has its own jacuzzi.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Extraordinary service from the resort personnel! Thumbs-up and special mention for the personalized services of Kervin and Rizza from Aplaya! Both were deserving of 5-stars! Food were all great! Try ordering their home-made brownies topped with vanilla ice-cream! Heaven!

The almost exclusive use of the pool in Aplaya was superb! :-) :-) You will not notice the time as you watch activities happening in the beachfront. The changing colors of the sea was indeed mesmerizing! Very relaxing.

As for the amenities, I believe the resort would improve on the items I enumerated when we checked out.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I stayed here with a friend for a couple of nights for a dive excursion in early June 2018. This resort is linked with the nearby GoDeep dive center.

The hotel did pick me up from Cebu's airport for a fee, and the checkin was reasonable. The room was a second story offering overlooking the courtyard which also included a good pool. A bridge overlooks this pool and links two sides of the resort's accommodations, although they do have separate but pricey villas for those requiring additional luxury. The room itself was nice, with a decent room with a king-sized bed and very functional aircon, with a very large and well-appointed bathroom which included a rainfall shower and a large bathtub.

The only major critique I'll offer is that the hotel's main restaurant, which ls linked by a well-appointed walkway as it's near the beach, has very slow service. My friend and I ordered dinner there, which took more than 30 minutes to serve when the restaurant wasn't particularly busy. In fact, it wasn't until my friend badgered the wait staff that the food seemed to magically appear. (Which points to a problem with the servers and not the kitchen.) The quality of the food was decent. I had lamb chops with mashed potatoes, although I have had much better lamb elsewhere. The buffet breakfast, served in the same area the next morning, also didn't have the same service time issues and had a very wide selection.

The checkout process was also quite smooth and I had no complaints. As for the overall experience, I would definitely consider staying here again if I were in Panglao.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights. The stay from start to end was perfect, all the team were very attentive and also wanted to help as much as possible. They were able to sort out tours to Chocolate Hills and the Tarsiers along with getting a tricycle onto Alina Beach, which is only a 5 minute drive away. It was also my birthday and they put Happy Birthday in balloons on the bed after we’d been away for the day.
The staff are more than willing to help. There is no reason why I wouldn’t recommend and also go back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2018

We spent a wonderful two days at this resort and found it a truly relaxing experience. Our loft room was fitted out to the highest standards and overlooked the swimming pool. As a member we were able to avail of discounted prices on the local beers. Breakfast was varied and well prepared, the gardens were laid out so that there was almost complete silence as we walked. Our children took advantage of the activity center and kayaking. As we were warned by the staff, the beach is not very good as it is quite rocky but is usable with care and ok to swim at high tide.
The staff were very welcoming and our driver in the courtesy bus to the port was very accommodating. We had a wonderful time and would suit those who want to get away for a restful vacation. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family