“Best Food on the Island”

Sandi's on Magnetic Island
Price range: USD 7 - USD 25
Cuisines: German, Australian
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A casual beachfront restaurant and bar specialising in local seafood, premium steaks and so much more. A selection of German specials included on our menu, inspired by the native origin of our award winning chef. Draught beer and cider on tap as well as a great selection of bottled beer, cider and wine. A great cocktail menu and coffee's served all day. The perfect place to enjoy an amazing meal, cold beer or a cocktail at sunset. The best waterfront location on beautiful Magnetic Island.
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

BOOTZILLA HERE! My partner and I decided to have dinner here last week when we visited Magnetic Island and they did not disappoint! The service was outstanding. We were sat and served by two separate staff members, one man with long hair and a girl from Belgium, and both were very accommodating. Our drinks were never empty and they continued to check on us making sure we didn't need anything. I had a "classic margarita" which was the best margarita I've had in Australia! So fresh! My partner had a 1/2 stein of Wild Yak which was nice a cold! We had the lamb skewers to start which were cooked to perfection. My partner then had the seafood platter, which was very impressive, and I had the chicken schnitzel, which was also cooked to perfection! We finished the night with a delicious house made apple strudel. Our experience here was perfect, from the witty and attentive staff to the delicious food and beverages! Would recommend the restaurant to any one going to Magnetic Island! If I could rate it more than 5 stars I would! Definitely going to make this a regular stop on our trips to the island. YABBA DABBA DOOZAY BABA!

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank Bootzilla11

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I stopped here for a late lunch. I had the fish special which was Spanish mackerel. The food was fresh. Fish was slightly over cooked but still yum. The lady who served me at the counter was nice. But the women who brought me my food obviously had better places to be. Also think it’s not great they you can get table service for drinks. Especially as it was very slow. Only another couple of people sitting down eating. Overall would go back for the food not the service

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Sandi’s has the best s & p squid we have EVER eaten. Consistently great. They have great staff, wonderful food and great ambiance!

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Ordered the fish and chip special for lunch. Generous portion and tasted fantastic with fresh salad. Beers on tap reasonably priced.

Much better than the pub up the road which was overcrowded with tourists.

Service was a little erratic to order but great after that. Very friendly.

1  Thank nimeton1
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic seafood lunch overlooking the beach. Elegant casual vibe ,the seafood was so fresh and delicious,reasonably priced too washed down with a cold beer from the bar,heaven.