“Brilliant loved it ”
Review of Leconfield

Leconfield
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Kootingal
More attraction details
Owner description: Leconfield Five Day Jackaroo and Jillaroo School will teach you all the skills necessary for living and working on Outback stations! Every day is filled with lessons in horse care & riding, whip cracking, lassoing and cattle work. More importantly, our school specialises in the art of Natural Horsemanship, known to many as "horse whispering". This method focuses on communicating with a horse through its own language, allowing a unique partnership to develop between horse and rider. From the time our bus rolls into town Monday morning to pick you up, it's non-stop, fast action thrill in the Australian bush! So if a week of horseback riding, cattle mustering, campfire cooking and swagging under the stars sounds like your cup of Billy tea, then Leconfield will be honoured to turn you into a cowboy or cowgirl!
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brilliant loved it ”
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

I absolutely loved the course had an amazing week. Met some amazing people saw some amazing views, got stuck in and gave it my all. Loved the horses and the dogs couldn't fault it in any way. Also loved not being connected to the rest of the world and being off the grid

Visited November 2016

Newcastle, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“I'm ready to write this review.”
Reviewed 13 March 2016

It was September last year but it's taken me this long to let the whole experience sink in. I went along with a fear of horses and basically nothing changed in that area. I even fell off. But boy what an experience. Probably one of my most challenging and confronting ever. I recommend this Jillaroo/Jackaroo experience to EVERYONE! but especially to families with teens, talk about facing your fears and getting out of the old comfort zone! I loved and hated it in equal measures and surprisingly would go back for another round with that horse tomorrow. The hosts and the workers were all brilliant, the accommodations and food fantastic! So thank you Leconfield !

Visited September 2015
2 Thank LongChin
Byron Bay, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Absolute genuine, Fulfilling experience”
Reviewed 30 January 2016

If your looking for a completely genuine Outback experience, you'll find it at Leconfield. From the moment you arrive, to the moment you leave, you are enriched in everyway possible by the hosts and staff, a fully hands on, ride the ride, whipcracking 5 day adventure into life on a working station.
Everyone is warmly welcomed, no matter level of skill or participation, and it would be impossible to leave Bimboola without being positively altered by the experience.
Tim is a truly wonderful, genuine and caring horseman who thrives on teaching natural horsemanship skills. I took along two 11 year old girls to the 5 day Jillaroo School and they both left deeply and beautifully enlightened. The smiles at Leconfield are REAL and PLENTY !!! Do yourself a favour. Spend 5 days at Bimboola. You wont leave the same person.

Visited January 2016
2 Thank Sharon K
Hi Sharon,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience here:) It is great to hear that you all had such a great time and that you all enjoyed yourselves so much! It was great having you all here and we really appreciated your enthusiasm and genuine fondness for the animals and nature here:)
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 4 January 2016

I booked the 5 days jackaroo jillaroo school to learn skills needed when working in a farm. After 5 days I had learn not only how to work in the farm but also a lot of communicating with horses using Natural Horsemanship, which was cool. After the school I got opportunity to stay, and I stayed for three months and loved it. I had ridden horses before, but it was great to see how people who had never ridden a horse before did cattle work and trotting and cantering with their horses in the end of the week. I also met the most wonderful horse here, and all of the horses were so good that it was amazing. Also meeting a lot of new people from different countries has been one of the highlights of my stay.

Visited September 2015
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Leconfield5day, Owner at Leconfield, responded to this review, 1 February 2016
It was really lovely having you here and thank you so much for all of your help, enthusiasm and dedication to all the animals here and the way of life! Your smiling face and helpful attitude is already missed and thanks so much for taking the time to write a review here:)
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed 24 August 2015

I had wanted to do a Jillaroo school ever since I knew they existed, and Tim's school did not disappoint! It was a wonderful 5 days on his property learning about natural horsemanship and property work. Herding cattle was my favourite activity but I really enjoyed the other activities too. It was an excellent change of pace to my normal city life, and that is exactly what I wanted. Thank you Tim and your staff for running such a great program.

Visited August 2015
1 Thank Megan A
Leconfield5day, Owner at Leconfield, responded to this review, 1 February 2016
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself while you were here..it really means a lot to us that people have a good time, learn new skills and have fond memories of being here:)

Been to Leconfield? Share your experiences!