“Absolute genuine, Fulfilling experience”
Review of Leconfield

Leconfield
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Kootingal
More attraction details
Owner description: Leconfield Five Day Jackaroo and Jillaroo School will teach you all the skills necessary for living and working on Outback stations! Every day is filled with lessons in horse care & riding, whip cracking, lassoing and cattle work. More importantly, our school specialises in the art of Natural Horsemanship, known to many as "horse whispering". This method focuses on communicating with a horse through its own language, allowing a unique partnership to develop between horse and rider. From the time our bus rolls into town Monday morning to pick you up, it's non-stop, fast action thrill in the Australian bush! So if a week of horseback riding, cattle mustering, campfire cooking and swagging under the stars sounds like your cup of Billy tea, then Leconfield will be honoured to turn you into a cowboy or cowgirl!
Byron Bay, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Absolute genuine, Fulfilling experience”
Reviewed 30 January 2016

If your looking for a completely genuine Outback experience, you'll find it at Leconfield. From the moment you arrive, to the moment you leave, you are enriched in everyway possible by the hosts and staff, a fully hands on, ride the ride, whipcracking 5 day adventure into life on a working station.
Everyone is warmly welcomed, no matter level of skill or participation, and it would be impossible to leave Bimboola without being positively altered by the experience.
Tim is a truly wonderful, genuine and caring horseman who thrives on teaching natural horsemanship skills. I took along two 11 year old girls to the 5 day Jillaroo School and they both left deeply and beautifully enlightened. The smiles at Leconfield are REAL and PLENTY !!! Do yourself a favour. Spend 5 days at Bimboola. You wont leave the same person.

Visited January 2016
2 Thank Sharon K
Hi Sharon,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience here:) It is great to hear that you all had such a great time and that you all enjoyed yourselves so much! It was great having you all here and we really appreciated your enthusiasm and genuine fondness for the animals and nature here:)

A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 4 January 2016

I booked the 5 days jackaroo jillaroo school to learn skills needed when working in a farm. After 5 days I had learn not only how to work in the farm but also a lot of communicating with horses using Natural Horsemanship, which was cool. After the school I got opportunity to stay, and I stayed for three months and loved it. I had ridden horses before, but it was great to see how people who had never ridden a horse before did cattle work and trotting and cantering with their horses in the end of the week. I also met the most wonderful horse here, and all of the horses were so good that it was amazing. Also meeting a lot of new people from different countries has been one of the highlights of my stay.

Visited September 2015
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Leconfield5day, Owner at Leconfield, responded to this review, 1 February 2016
It was really lovely having you here and thank you so much for all of your help, enthusiasm and dedication to all the animals here and the way of life! Your smiling face and helpful attitude is already missed and thanks so much for taking the time to write a review here:)
Brisbane, Australia
“Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed 24 August 2015

I had wanted to do a Jillaroo school ever since I knew they existed, and Tim's school did not disappoint! It was a wonderful 5 days on his property learning about natural horsemanship and property work. Herding cattle was my favourite activity but I really enjoyed the other activities too. It was an excellent change of pace to my normal city life, and that is exactly what I wanted. Thank you Tim and your staff for running such a great program.

Visited August 2015
1 Thank Megan A
Leconfield5day, Owner at Leconfield, responded to this review, 1 February 2016
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself while you were here..it really means a lot to us that people have a good time, learn new skills and have fond memories of being here:)
Broome, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time in the Australian bush.”
Reviewed 1 August 2015

When I signed up for the school I had no idea what to expect, never sat on a horse before and had only experienced Australia from within Sydney. After arriving in Tamworth and going for a thrilling one our journey into the rural Australia with the incredible Dave we arrived at the, very beautiful, farm. The course is absolutely incredible and taught with the utmost patient by Tim who is a sort of horse wizard. I knew nothing about natural horsemanship, or any other form of riding for that matter, but it was all explained perfectly and comfortably by Tim and if I had any questions there was always friendly staff to help. From novice to pretty comfortable on a horse was easily achieved in this manner. Other parts of the course are brilliant as well. Both if you are looking for useful skills to find a job (which they will willingly help you find) like fencing or just for fun like wrestling calfs and catching sheep. I think the course would suit many different purposes like if you are looking for a job as a backpacker or if you are looking for a week out of the busy city. There is a beautiful family and plenty of great animals. For me this was the the nicest thing I have done in some while and I will definitely come back in the future.

Visited April 2015
1 Thank SanderNooij
Leconfield5day, Manager at Leconfield, responded to this review, 1 February 2016
We look forward to seeing you back Sander! It was great to have you here and your skills and passion for campfire cooking has forever altered the place (and the menu:)) Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you again!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST adventure and holiday ever!”
Reviewed 12 July 2015

This is one of the greatest experiences and holidays I have ever had anywhere in the world out of all the places Ive been to in countries in Nth America, Europe and Asia. Beautiful country side/terrain, gorgeous beautiful animals, fantastic set-up and accom, the school totally rocked!
I am so grateful for all the skills I was taught and all the experiences and opportunities I was given. Tim is a total LEGEND. I learnt soooo much and had an absolute ball from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. The staff are so friendly, encouraging, patient, supportive, lively, knowledgeable, thoughtful, interesting, kind and funny. Learning the 'magic tricks' of natural horsemanship, mustering cattle and sheep, wrestling calves, riding and grooming the horses, all meals around a campfire, are just a few of the amazing and totally awesome memories I have of my time at Leconfield. I didn't want to leave, and will be going back again one day. I felt so safe, so comfortable, so at home, so inspired, so energised, so peaceful and so happy there. Best adventure ever! A total gem!

Visited July 2015
1 Thank Ange2760
Leconfield5day, Owner at Leconfield, responded to this review, 29 July 2015
Thank you so much Ange...your words mean so much as if we can make even the smallest bit of difference to someone's life then we consider what we do here a success! It was terrific having you here and we really appreciated your enthusiasm, willingness to get in and have a go and the lovely smile always on your face! Make sure you keep us up to date with your next adventure!!

Been to Leconfield? Share your experiences!