“Great time in the Australian bush.”
Review of Leconfield

Leconfield
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Kootingal
More attraction details
Owner description: Leconfield Five Day Jackaroo and Jillaroo School will teach you all the skills necessary for living and working on Outback stations! Every day is filled with lessons in horse care & riding, whip cracking, lassoing and cattle work. More importantly, our school specialises in the art of Natural Horsemanship, known to many as "horse whispering". This method focuses on communicating with a horse through its own language, allowing a unique partnership to develop between horse and rider. From the time our bus rolls into town Monday morning to pick you up, it's non-stop, fast action thrill in the Australian bush! So if a week of horseback riding, cattle mustering, campfire cooking and swagging under the stars sounds like your cup of Billy tea, then Leconfield will be honoured to turn you into a cowboy or cowgirl!
Broome, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time in the Australian bush.”
Reviewed 1 August 2015

When I signed up for the school I had no idea what to expect, never sat on a horse before and had only experienced Australia from within Sydney. After arriving in Tamworth and going for a thrilling one our journey into the rural Australia with the incredible Dave we arrived at the, very beautiful, farm. The course is absolutely incredible and taught with the utmost patient by Tim who is a sort of horse wizard. I knew nothing about natural horsemanship, or any other form of riding for that matter, but it was all explained perfectly and comfortably by Tim and if I had any questions there was always friendly staff to help. From novice to pretty comfortable on a horse was easily achieved in this manner. Other parts of the course are brilliant as well. Both if you are looking for useful skills to find a job (which they will willingly help you find) like fencing or just for fun like wrestling calfs and catching sheep. I think the course would suit many different purposes like if you are looking for a job as a backpacker or if you are looking for a week out of the busy city. There is a beautiful family and plenty of great animals. For me this was the the nicest thing I have done in some while and I will definitely come back in the future.

Visited April 2015
1 Thank SanderNooij
Leconfield5day, Manager at Leconfield, responded to this review, 1 February 2016
We look forward to seeing you back Sander! It was great to have you here and your skills and passion for campfire cooking has forever altered the place (and the menu:)) Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you again!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST adventure and holiday ever!”
Reviewed 12 July 2015

This is one of the greatest experiences and holidays I have ever had anywhere in the world out of all the places Ive been to in countries in Nth America, Europe and Asia. Beautiful country side/terrain, gorgeous beautiful animals, fantastic set-up and accom, the school totally rocked!
I am so grateful for all the skills I was taught and all the experiences and opportunities I was given. Tim is a total LEGEND. I learnt soooo much and had an absolute ball from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. The staff are so friendly, encouraging, patient, supportive, lively, knowledgeable, thoughtful, interesting, kind and funny. Learning the 'magic tricks' of natural horsemanship, mustering cattle and sheep, wrestling calves, riding and grooming the horses, all meals around a campfire, are just a few of the amazing and totally awesome memories I have of my time at Leconfield. I didn't want to leave, and will be going back again one day. I felt so safe, so comfortable, so at home, so inspired, so energised, so peaceful and so happy there. Best adventure ever! A total gem!

Visited July 2015
1 Thank Ange2760
Leconfield5day, Owner at Leconfield, responded to this review, 29 July 2015
Thank you so much Ange...your words mean so much as if we can make even the smallest bit of difference to someone's life then we consider what we do here a success! It was terrific having you here and we really appreciated your enthusiasm, willingness to get in and have a go and the lovely smile always on your face! Make sure you keep us up to date with your next adventure!!
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 3 July 2015

Booking on to the 5 day school was definitely one of the best things i did while in Australia! I was originally looking for natural horsemanship courses and had never worked with cattle or sheep before, so when i found this course i thought it would be a great opportunity to have a proper Aussie experience. Whether your an experienced rider wanting to learn more about natural horsemanship (like me!) or you've never sat on a horse before, you will love this course.
Tim's calm and patent manor, both with people and horses, fills you with confidence and makes it a great, fun environment to learn in. I really cant chose my favorite part of my school week, Tim and his family are so welcoming, the staff really make you feel part of a team, the horses are beautiful personalities and i found out wrestling calf's is one of my favorite things to do!
I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to stay on and work for month after my school and i loved it there so much i'm going back for another two months at the end of July and i cant wait! Leconfield really is a special part of the world and i cant imagine anyone not loving it!

Visited May 2015
1 Thank Jazz J
Leconfield5day, Owner at Leconfield, responded to this review, 29 July 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us! We were very lucky to have you here and it is so nice to hear that people have had such a good time here and we look forward to seeing you when you come back:):) Which is later on today!
Sydney, Australia
“Facing fears!”
Reviewed 30 January 2015

Before coming to Leconfield I had a fear of horses due to an accident falling off a racing horse last year. I decided to go to the farm and face that fear and I can now say that I accomplished my goal! On day one I was frightened to touch the horse, yet by day five I was trotting and cantering in the surrounding land. The staff were patient, understanding and supportive - I couldn't have asked for better tutors. The farm was idyllic, the food was home-cooked and tasty and the people were awesome. I would highly recommend.

Afterwards, I stayed on the farm working for a week and then they found me a job as a childminder so that I could complete my regional work and obtain my second year visa. Overall, a fantastic experience. Thank you!

Visited January 2015
1 Thank Lynsey N
Leconfield5day, Owner at Leconfield, responded to this review, 11 February 2015
We can be so thankful for horses like Alotta in this instance who just know what the person on their back needs and who is just happy to be that for them! We are so glad when people have a good time here, but it is even extra special if we can make a difference to someone's life! You were so brave right from the start and just continued to get braver and more confident as the week went on! It was such a delight to be a part of it!
“Awesome”
Reviewed 19 January 2015

I had the time of my life. I can't wait to go back!!! Amazing country, great people, learnt so much. Loved my horse, food was yummy.If you want to be a cowboy you need to go to Leconfield.

Visited January 2015
1 Thank Jacko04
Leconfield5day, Owner at Leconfield, responded to this review, 21 January 2015
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! Glad to hear that you had a great time...as we have said before a huge part of the school is the people we have here! You always know where to find us if you want to come back for a visit:)

Been to Leconfield? Share your experiences!