“Facing fears!”
Review of Leconfield

Leconfield
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Kootingal
More attraction details
Owner description: Leconfield Five Day Jackaroo and Jillaroo School will teach you all the skills necessary for living and working on Outback stations! Every day is filled with lessons in horse care & riding, whip cracking, lassoing and cattle work. More importantly, our school specialises in the art of Natural Horsemanship, known to many as "horse whispering". This method focuses on communicating with a horse through its own language, allowing a unique partnership to develop between horse and rider. From the time our bus rolls into town Monday morning to pick you up, it's non-stop, fast action thrill in the Australian bush! So if a week of horseback riding, cattle mustering, campfire cooking and swagging under the stars sounds like your cup of Billy tea, then Leconfield will be honoured to turn you into a cowboy or cowgirl!
Sydney, Australia
“Facing fears!”
Reviewed 30 January 2015

Before coming to Leconfield I had a fear of horses due to an accident falling off a racing horse last year. I decided to go to the farm and face that fear and I can now say that I accomplished my goal! On day one I was frightened to touch the horse, yet by day five I was trotting and cantering in the surrounding land. The staff were patient, understanding and supportive - I couldn't have asked for better tutors. The farm was idyllic, the food was home-cooked and tasty and the people were awesome. I would highly recommend.

Afterwards, I stayed on the farm working for a week and then they found me a job as a childminder so that I could complete my regional work and obtain my second year visa. Overall, a fantastic experience. Thank you!

Visited January 2015
1 Thank Lynsey N
Leconfield5day, Owner at Leconfield, responded to this review, 11 February 2015
We can be so thankful for horses like Alotta in this instance who just know what the person on their back needs and who is just happy to be that for them! We are so glad when people have a good time here, but it is even extra special if we can make a difference to someone's life! You were so brave right from the start and just continued to get braver and more confident as the week went on! It was such a delight to be a part of it!

“Awesome”
Reviewed 19 January 2015

I had the time of my life. I can't wait to go back!!! Amazing country, great people, learnt so much. Loved my horse, food was yummy.If you want to be a cowboy you need to go to Leconfield.

Visited January 2015
1 Thank Jacko04
Leconfield5day, Owner at Leconfield, responded to this review, 21 January 2015
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! Glad to hear that you had a great time...as we have said before a huge part of the school is the people we have here! You always know where to find us if you want to come back for a visit:)
Oberottmarshausen
“Just AWESOME!!!”
Reviewed 9 December 2014

I had the best time of my entire australia trip on Leonfield!
I planed to stay for the schoolweek and maybe if i'm lucky for a couple of weeks after that and ended up staying for 4 months! It's just a great atmosphere with the awesome staff and all the lovely people on the farm. So i'm sure, wether you stay for one schoolweek or you have the great luck to have the chance to stay longer, you will have a great time!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Michael P
Leconfield5day, Owner at Leconfield, responded to this review, 15 December 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review...we really appreciate it! Glad to hear you had a great time and thank you so much for all of you hard work..it was great to get to know you! That really is one of the best things about the school...the people you meet!

Been to Leconfield? Share your experiences!