See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2016

My wife and I stayed at La Pata de Oca during our recent Camino Frances. This was a very nice albergue, with a pleasant courtyard to sit in and comfortable bunk beds with lockers nearby. The management itself was both friendly and helpful. The only downside of our visit was that the showers ran out of hot water for some of those staying with us that night, but this was only a problem for those who arrive right after a large influx of pilgrims.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

With the new management the hostel is awesome!
The. Location is awesome, very middle age feel.
The bed are very very comfortable, the hotel is cheap and the food is soo good. The italian pasta is very suggested!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2016

We (8 persons) went only for lunch. It was a bright sunny day so we preferred the terrace, a beautiful place. We were very well received, the lunch was just great, traditional food, with fresh ingredients. The staff was very friendly.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

I have had a lovely time in Pata de Loca. The new owners Rachel and Davide only took over a week ago and they put their hearts and souls into this place.

I enjoyed a wonderful 3 course lunch on the terrace, cooked and served by Davide, who provides great Mediterranean flavours from fresh ingredients.

The albergue was clean, well equipped, with disposable sheets and duvet covers provided at check in.

The sleeping quarters are spacious and the beds are not jammed like in many other places on the Camino.

In the evening we were chilling on the terrace sitting on comfortable wooden chairs admiring the lights reflecting from the paddling pool while quiet classical music was playing from the outdoor speakers.

Breakfast is good value for money. Freshly squeezed orange juice, coffee and toasts for 3 euros.

And on your way out you can take organic fruit freshly picked from Rahchel's father's garden. What a nice touch!

I would highly recommend this place. One of the bests I have seen on he Camino so far.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Gabriella I
Reviewed 21 April 2016

This place was a lovely little albergues with a sunny courtyard. The beds weren't too close together and blanket pillow and covers were provided. But the hospitality was amazing. I'd hurt my knee and they got it up and provided ice. When I knew I had to let my husband go on ahead the next day, and I couldn't walk, they drove me to the next albergues in logrono! Amazing kind caring people. Everyone that night thoroughly enjoyed this albergues! Would stay again

Room Tip: We got in early with the four beds. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple