“Consistently Good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Visited for the 2nd time in a few months. After a really good experience last time I can report another lovely evening with great service and food.
What stands out for me here is the fish. Always a great selection of super fresh fish prepared beautifully. On this occasion I had a whole monkfish cooked simply in a tomato sauce, it was superb.
Traditional, friendly and altogether good!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 24 October 2018

Excellent Italian family-run restaurant with an excellent menu and all served with love. The specials are to be sought out; for me the the fish are top of the list. If you fancy something a little more casual the pizza, calzone and lasagne will fit the bill.
We have been a number of times - perhaps once a month. They have disappointed on only one occasion when the veg were not really fresh. On the whole though excellent.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Visited with a friend. Took 40 minutes to be served. Rammed on a table for 2 (very uncomfortable as stared at by one couple and might have well been on the family one the other side).

It's time warp time in this place with average age 50+. It clearly works as staff love their locals chatting.. laughing..back slapping...but not us newbies who may week have been invisible.

Food when finally delivered was good.. but I would get a take out next time

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Everything about this restaurant is sooo Italian! From the owner till the waiters and the music. My family and I love this place and we are very lucky to have it so near, as there doesn't seem to be another Italian restaurant in the area.
Totally recommend it!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

This place I’m sure is great if you’re over 60 and want a meal from from the 1990’s. we booked a table with friends as we live locally and it always seems full. Food was ok but and overpriced and service was average. Highlight was the dessert trolley, we could not stop laughing, it was like a scene from Faulty Towers. Needless to say we won’t be going back (maybe in 30 years when we’re in our 60’s) but it was a memorable night even if for the wrong reasons

Date of visit: August 2018