“True Paradice”
Review of Constance Moofushi

Constance Moofushi
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moofushi Island
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Before we decided to visit this dream destination, we had high expectations but this amazing facility exceeded our wildest dreams. From the reception when we got off our seaplane to we reluctantly turned back to reality. Upon arrival, we were received by the hotel manager Olivier with entourage that greeted us welcome, then waited barefoot luxury in 11 amazing days and nights.
We ate fantastic food throughout our stay both in the restaurant Manta carefully supervised by Executive Chef Moreno and his colleague Sous Chef Oleg as well as in the á la carte restaurant Alize. If one is curious on how things run we can really recommend the behind the scenes tour which will take place on Saturdays. Massage in Uspa is a pleasure for body and soul. An amazing adventure is also snorkeling with gigantic Rays in open water.
We celebrated an anniversary celebrant with a special experience on a sandbank that only shows itself when it's low tide, where we toasted in champagne and waved happily to the seaplane that swept by. We stayed in a water villa with magical atmosphere where you in direct connection or just outside the door can witness reef sharks, turtles and dolphins, and of course, amazing and colorful fish. The snorkeling is great around the facility with a strong plus for the area shortly to the left of the bridge where the seaplanes leave / pick up passengers.
All staff really do everything to make your stay unforgettable, a special mention to Hassan who accomplished this trip to an unforgettable experience and memories for life.
Many thanks!
Best regards
The members of the "No problem Club"
\ Mikael, Eva, Jörgen and Marita

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mikael R
MoofushiResort, General Manager at Constance Moofushi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Mikael R,

Sunny Greetings from Constance Moofushi!

Thank you for your kind feedback and for taking time to share with other travelers here on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay starting from the arrival at the Resort and are also glad that you enjoyed our laid back atmosphere of barefoot luxury and beautiful surroundings. From your well appointed watervilla its direct access to the turquoise waters with colorful fishes.

We thank you for your appreciation with our wide range of food that changes everynight from Latin America to Indian Srilankan, Mediterreanean, Oriental, Indian ocean and of course our Maldivian night and that you also experienced Alizee our a-la-carte beach restaurant, Chef Moreno and Chef Oleg along wit h our team members, always strive to provide each and every one of our guests the best food and services.

Walking barefoot on the beautiful white sand indeed enhaces the True Maldivian experience. We are blessed with some of the best House reefs in the Atoll and delighted to read that you explored our fascinating house reef with a various different colorful and tropical fishes and rays on your snorkeling trips.

What is there better to do than having a relaxing massage after a few activites and we are very happy to read that our Spa Team have been able to make you and your family feel more relaxed so that you could enjoy fully your holidays and feel pleasured for both your body and soul.

We pride ourselves on our wonderful team members and I am happy to hear they met and exceeded your expectations. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and professional and it is always rewarding to learn that our team members went above and beyond to make your stay more memorable. Indeed, Hassan are happy to see their names mentioned in particular.

Seems that the highlight of your stay was your celebration in our Sandbank. Our goal is to make our guest's dream turn into emotional experience and we are happy that we managed to create wonderful memories during your stay with us.

We thank you once more for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you and all the members of the famous 'No Problem Club' again in a not distant future to our little paradise.

Olivier de Guardia

Write a ReviewReviews (2,165)

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

We have just returned from our second visit to Constance Moofushi. As this was our second visit having previously stayed in May 2015 we had an idea what to expect in terms of accommodation facilities, food, drinks, service etc.

I wish to provide a balanced and fair review of our return visit.

As before we were warmly greeted at Male airport by a Constance representative and everything was taken care of once again. We had a short wait in the cooled Constance lounge at the airport before we boarded our sea plane. After a short stop at a nearby island we arrived at the resort.

We received a very nice welcome back from Oliver the General Manager and other team members and we proceeded to the reception where we had a nice cold drink and told that our Water Villa wasn't ready so we proceeded to the pool and started our holiday. After a lovely lunch we were approached by a member of reception staff and escorted to our Villa.
As requested we were facilitated with a repeat stay in SWV 72.

Accommodation: There was a bottle of bubbles chilling for us as before and we settled in for our 12 night stay.
Everything in the villa was similar to before. Well stocked mini bar, nespresso machine and toiletries. A new addition is a Bose speaker which I found particularly useful as my husband did a number of dives so it was lovely to play music and lie out on the deck. It was also great to get ready for dinner in the evenings to music of your own choice.
The Villa has everything you would need and I believe that the only difference between the regular Water Villas and the Senior WV is the outdoor bath, Nespresso machine and larger size. I'm sure all other amenities are similar in the regular water villas.
The Senior Water Villas are now showing signs of wear and tear and are badly in need of upgrading. The floor is terribly scratched from moving furniture and also the sliding doors need to be sanded down and varnished.
I'm not sure if this is something that is due to happen but it's now time that they were upgraded in my opinion.

Food & Drinks: The main buffet restaurant was fantastic and perhaps better than I remembered. The new head chef Moreno has made lovely little tweaks and I chatted to him about what a great job all of the team are doing. He took the time to talk to me and find out if we were enjoying our time and that was appreciated by us.

All staff in the main restaurant were outstanding once again. I don't want to single people out but for us the members of staff that were particularly attentive were Hassan, Nash the Sommelier who just returned from an 18 month break to work at a different Constance resort, Adam and newly appointed bar and restraunt manager KD. Congratulations once again on your promotion! Thank you for your interest in our feedback and taking the time to ask how our holiday was going for us and arranging a special table for us outside for dinner. We really appreciated the gesture. I believe that KD is a great ambassador for the resort and he was certainly more visable and interactive with guests than the General Manager.

We had two meals at the Alizee "A la Carte" which I found to be a bit of a let down in terms of the change to the menu and new chargeable items now included on the menu. There is now a $50 charge for steak with prawns and a $65 charge for lobster. Whatever about the lobster I think that the nicest item on the menu i.e. a good steak now having a surcharge was a tad irritating given that you pay enough to stay at the resort. I believe this should be reviewed by management and reconsidered. In addition it would be nice to see duck on the main course list as the other items are predominantly fish courses. This time around the Alizee was a really underwhelming experience and I missed the buffet while dining there. The new menu and surcharges were a real disappointment as we had really enjoyed our meals there in 2015.

Bars: We enjoyed both bars and the staff were all excellent. A big thank you to Ahmed and Naas and the bar men for their friendliness and the delicious cocktails as they were top class but a slight niggle was that they ran out of mint on more than one occasion as we were drinking Mojitos!

Thank you also to the new DJ Sheryl for playing our requests and for taking the time to come over and chat to us. Best of luck in your new post as resident DJ!

Spa: I called to the spa to book a back neck and shoulder massage for my husband and I and the lady at the spa reception instantly began upselling to me! I explained that I really don't enjoy full body massages which was why I wanted to book the latter and I was shocked to be advised by her that a 50 minute massage wouldn't be too effective and that their Signature Massage would be much better. Amazing as the Signature Massage is their most expensive too! I advised the lady that we would start with the shoulder massage and then consider the Signature Massage. After stressing this to the lady in the spa the upselling persisted and we were then booked in for both a back neck and shoulder massage for one day and the Signature Massage on another day!! I found this experience to be so irritating that I just cancelled both treatments the following day as I was made to feel like more of a cash cow as opposed to a client.

Water sports: We enjoyed the complimentary water sports activities and found the staff very helpful there.
In addition my husband did a number of dives with Bluetribe and they were once again fantastic.

I deliberated over wheather to score the resort an excellent once again or very good. I believe that in light of the points that I have raised regarding the condition of the villas the upselling at the spa and the surcharges now on the Alizee menu that this somewhat affected our overall experience.
Before we would consider booking for a third stay I would like to think that management would take this on board as this would only serve to enhance future guest experiences.

We love Constance Moofushi and it truly is a magical place. I'm confident that the management will strive to continue to make their guest's experiences as magical as our first stay was. Hopefully the necessary amendments will take place and if so we will certainly return!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Criona E
MoofushiResort, General Manager at Constance Moofushi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear Criona E,

Sunny and very warm greetings from Constance Moofushi Maldives!

Thank you very much for choosing us again and for your detailed review here on Trip Advisor about your recent stay. While I am happy to read that we managed to meet your expectations in most aspects of your stay, I am sorry that a few aspects did not meet your personal preferences and expectations.

We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay starting from the experience at our lounge at the airport and your personalized welcome by our Team at your home in the Maldives.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your well-appointed Senior Water Villa, which has a nice terrace and with direct access to our beautiful house reef as well as the new Bose sound dock system. Thank you for your feedback regarding the floor and sliding doors and we will ensure necessary rectifications will be done at the earliest.

In addition we are also glad that you found our daily changing theme nights at Manta Restaurant, including sand lobsters and prawns on Friday nights, all part of our all-inclusive package and complimented by our extensive wine list, looked after and recommended by our dedicated Sommelier team, to your liking and of great value.

We are blessed to have one of the best house reef in the Maldives that houses schools of tropical fish and we are happy that you enjoyed the snorkeling and diving experience with our great Blue Tribe team.

We apologize for the unpleasant experience while making reservation at our U Spa. Our signature massages are our most expensive treatment as they are of 90mins and ensure a complete relaxation to the mind and the body and I believe that is what the therapist wanted to explain and I am sorry you felt that you being pushed, as our priority is to ensure our guests have a memorable experience.
We have shared the feedback with our Spa Manager and will ensure to provide further training to the Spa reception team members to make the necessary improvements immediately.

We apologise that your experience at our Alizee restaurant did not meet your expectations.
The lobster is indeed at an extra cost on the Menu but we would like to reassure you that this has been the case since the opening of the Resort. Please allow me to clarify that our newly added Surf & Turf menu item includes Lobster rather than prawns, as to offer greater choices and selection to our honorable guests.

It was a pleasure to have met you personally upon arrival and I am sorry that we did not have a lot of interactions and I am counting on your understanding that part of my duties is also ensure that everything runs smoothly all over the Resort. However I am glad that KD, Chef Moreno, Adam and Nash looked well after you during your stay and I am sorry that you were not able to share these feedback with them as I am sure we could have taken some immediate actions to ensure your comfort. I thank you also for your constructive feedback, all of which are very valuable for us since our guests' satisfaction is our priority, hence we will take deep consideration to reflect further improvement of our service.

On behalf of the entire team at Constance Moofushi Maldives, we want to extend our sincerest gratitude for choosing us and we look forward to welcome you again to our Jewel Island for the third time so that we can personally ensure you have a memorable experience once again.

With Best Regards,

Olivier

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

The stay was July 2015 but only just realised that we did not write a review!

This was the second leg of our honeymoon and it was amazing.

We don't have time to list all of the positive points but what we can say is that it was perfect. Hope to be back soon.

Stayed: July 2016

Dear JPSARAFF,

Sunny Greetings from Constance Moofushi!

Thank you for spending your honeymoon with us and we are pleased that you had a wonderful experience in our little paradise. Congratulations again on this auspicious occasion!

It is rewarding to hear that everything was perfect during your stay and that you enjoyed our laidback luxury with the natural tropical surroundings above and under water.

We thank you once more thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you again in a not distant future to our little paradise.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

This was our to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary and we could not have selected a better place on earth in our opinion. This Holiday was stunning.

The food was sublime each and every day, it was up to the same excellent standards every time we ate. A huge well done to everyone in the kitchens.

The island is beyond expectations in everything we wanted and the staff were the JEWEL in the crown. A major thank you to every member of staff, everyone is so welcoming and polite, nothing is too much trouble for them. A particularly big thank you to our room boy Ifham, who produced some excellent works of art in the room as you can see from the photos, and who above everything else kept our room absolutely spotless. In addition, the Dining Manager (I think) KD, the waiter Saif and Alim from the dive school - all of them excel at what they do and excel at being happy, polite, courteous and very friendly!!!

Would we go back - oh without a shadow of a doubt!
Go - you will not regret it.

Stayed: April 2017

Dear Chris_janeManchester,

Sunny Greetings from Constance Moofushi!

Thank you for choosing Constance Moofushi for your 20th Wedding Anniversary, which is a very important event and I am happy to read that you had such a memorable stay with us! Congratulations once again on your 20th wedding anniversary!

Our Culinary team, along with the rest of our team members, always strive to provide each and every one of our guests the best food and services and we are proud to read that we have managed to delight your taste buds with our culinary delicacies.

We pride ourselves on our wonderful team members and I am happy to hear they met and exceeded your expectations. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and professional and it is always rewarding to learn that our team members went above and beyond to make your stay more memorable. Indeed Ifham, KD, Saif and Alim are happy to see their names mentioned in particular.

Once again, on behalf of the entire team at Constance Moofushi Maldives, we thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcome you again to our little paradise.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

This is the perfect resort for chillaxing. Well equipped water villas with great quirky decorative features (like an indoor/outdoor shower), a deck with steps into crystal waters with many colourful fish, great selection of food and a great wine list, helpful and friendly staff, and so much more...what is not to love?

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank Tranchie-Tess

Dear Tranchie-Tess,

Sunny Greetings from Constance Moofushi!

Thank you for staying at our Jewel island for your Holidays here in the Maldives and we are delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

We are pleased to know that you have had a great time with us, and enjoyed all aspects of your stay from your well-appointed Water villa that is equipped with outdoor shower and a direct access to our lagoon with a view of our tropical fishes, our tranquil piece of paradise, to the culinary fest complimented with our extensive wine and spirit list, all this delivered with the warm hospitality of our team at Moofushi.

We pride ourselves to have a magnificent team with us and overjoyed that they went beyond your expectations to make your stay memorable with us.

We thank you once more for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you again in a not distant future to our little paradise.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moofushi Island
29.8 km away
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
#1 of 1 in Rangali Island

Been to Constance Moofushi? Share your experiences!