1,250 results
All reviewsisland villaescape water villaprivate poolhalf boardour honeymoonstar restaurantfishlatitude barday bedmeal creditindian oceanwater residencemain restaurantbuffet restaurantsunset cruisespa treatmentsoutdoor shower
Reviewed 21 May 2018

This was our third time to Maldives with my wife, previously we went to 2 different hotels.

This hotel It’s a lovely place, we went with my wife and we really had a great time.
First good surprise was that we got a room upgrade, we were on a residence villa and it’s absolutely incredible.
Most of the staff are very kind and helpful.
Hotel and rooms are very clean, just some small details in the room but nothing dramatic.
Breakfast and dinner are above average but to be honest the lunch menu is not that great, some salads, pizza, sandwiches, paninis and that’s it.
Gym is just “ok”, so don’t expect too much on that. SPA is something that I really don’t recommend. It’s very expensive and the experience is not that good, basically you’re getting the same experience as a 20 euro massage in Thailand or Indonesia.
We had 2 issues during our stay but I have to say that they were both very well managed/handled by the hotel staff/management, I would say that they were solved within 30 minutes so that’s why I don’t even mention them here.

Now the 2 big questions

Did we have a unbelievable vacations at the hotel? Yes, we did, hotel is 9/10

If I ever go back to Maldives I would consider the same hotel? Probably not. Comparing this hotel to the previous hotel I think the other ones are more into the very small details which makes the experience unforgettable.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alimuca
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Travelled with a group of friends, and it was the second stop for me during my first holiday in the Maldives.

From the front office staff who escorted us to our beach villas to the restaurant staff and the housekeeping lads, everyone worked at top efficiency and it really showed.

The rooms were, let me just say, AMAZING.
It came with a jacuzzi, private plunge pool, private living area and of course a deck with direct access to the beach. We had only stayed one night there, but it was definitely a place where we made plenty of memories. The walk way to the hotel from arrival is particularly perfect for pictures and it was very sweet of the staff to wave good bye to us as we left on the speed boat to our next destination.

Room Tip: Make sure to choose the right room for privacy. The room we had was good for a couple but for 2 friends it had the potential to get awkward
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2018

We went there for 3 days to celebrate my birthday and our boat ride was on time by the time we landed in MLE airport, the transfer was about 45min and it was vey smooth, lucky enough we saw so many dolphins on the way to our hotel!! :) once we arrive the general manager mr. Martin and part of the staff welcome us with a warmth smile, and after giving us the proper information about the place, they took us to our room (we had an island villa -neat and clean-), they have different activities every day, so the day we arrive it was an outdoor cinema. The next day there was a cocktail party and after they had a birthday cake for me (amazing surprise). The only downfall was that we struggle a bit at the beginning with the lighting in the room, since the switch was a bit faulty. Either way, thank you very much for the amazing stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Hi, I’m Aude, 26 years old from France and travel blogger. Today I want to share with you my experience with the supposed 5 stars resort Coco Bodu Hithi in Maldives.

We went there for my 26th birthday and have 5 days to this wonderful place as announced in the pictures and the price. ($566 usd/night for the cheaper villa)

First of all, the transfer

What can I say? It was a really poorly prestation. Despite all the emails sent to the reception to provide us a smooth transfer between our two resorts... they didn’t do it. They left us on our own in the airport for 2h15. This waste of time was not announced.
We lost a lot of our valuable holiday time! We left our first resort at 1:30pm, reach the airport at 1:45pm and only get the second resort at 5pm. Plus they advice me to choose their combine transfer instead of the private rental. A private speedboat rental would take 35min in total.

On our first night, one of the transfer boats set on fire I felt really scared and unsafe!! The fire equipment wasn’t working at the start. I let you imagine how dangerous It was with a 6 meters fire ablaze! The boat was close from the beach shore accomodations and the main restaurant. I didn’t see any security perimeter. We walked straight to the fire while we were on our way to the restaurant. They really need to improve the fire maintenance/ boat maintenance and the security!!!!

The villa,

The dental kit was missing on our first night. We had to wait the day after and called twice the reception. We also request for one iron but it never delivered to our bedroom.
The wonderful leaf roof was missing. We could see the blue cover from the outside. The mainteance hasn’t been done for at least months. It looked so cheap! We also got a lot of lezards/geckos by the same way and lots of poo on our clothes and bed. That’s life in this 5 stars resort! They were already in the room on our fisrt night. They were climbing and running all around the walls and ceiling especially by night.
The rest of the complex was beautifully intact.. we feel so unlucky!

Thankfully, we at least were granted a late check out on our last day because our flight was at 20:55 and it was really rainy outside.

Finally,

To apologise for the transfer, the reception proposed us to upgrade for the last two nights. But Nothing has be done... apparently the complex is full at this time of the year.. even though the official website displayed availabilities for the dates we were staying at the resort. So how can the resort be at full capacity?

One of the receptionist told us we were on the top of the list to be upgraded. Bla bla bla .... A couple of friends staying with us had been upgraded without asking for it.

We only had a 5$ bottle of spanish sparkling wine and 4 fruits in a plate for apologies. That’s not a high quality service!

Plus on the day of our check-out, they asked an extra $90 USD for the transfer to the airport cause they have done a pricing error on our first invoice.
I have no words to explain that after the first trasnfer prestation and the boat fire. We left the hotel really upset!!!! The receptionist had no reply and attempt try to do anything when I asked why we should pay more for this . It’s so unfair! We decided to pay as we had no choice because we didn’t want to miss our flight.

To conclude, for the different reasons explained above, I do not recommend the Coco collection resorts especially Coco Bodu Hithi.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aude A
Coco C, General Manager at Coco Bodu Hithi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Ms Alquie,

Warm greetings from Coco Bodu Hithi Maldives.

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy that you shared your views with us as they are invaluable for us to provide better service. It is our great regret to learn that we could not meet your expectations during your stay. Please allow me to address your given concerns.

As informed upon your reservation, the resorts offer two types of transfers for the guests. One is the regular combined transfer with other guests and the second one is private boat transfer where rates are quite high compared to the combined one. According to our email correspondence you selected option was the combined transfer option. The boat transfer timings are planned according to flight times of our arriving guests for the day. Hence we were unable to guarantee the waiting time for guests arriving from other resorts.

We are very sorry that you had to witness the fire incident. The incident was an accident that we didn’t foresee coming at all. As it happened our well-trained team immediately secured the jetty and made sure that no guests were harmed as they controlled the fire. We understand the incident isn’t the best holiday memory and again we apologize you had to witness it. Our guests’ safety & security is always utmost importance to us and we assure that no guests were harmed in the situation.

We apologize for the delay in getting ironing facilities and dental kit. It is likely this could happened if the Villa was on DND, I will check with my team further on this matter. Regarding your villa, given that your villa was in excellent condition it is unfortunate about the roof. Our team does regular maintenance and we are sorry this happened during the stay.

Lizards & geckos: Being an eco-friendly tropical island, it is natural to see lizards and other wildlife around the island. These ‘critters’ live outside and can only enter if the doors are left open. Our housekeeping is always on hand happy to attend to your request and remove any lizards or geckos from the villa upon your request.

Room upgrade is always subject to availability. During your stay our water villas were overbooked hence we couldn’t cater to your upgrade request, however, your friends originally booked an Escape Water Villa which was overbooked during their arrival hence we upgraded them to a Coco Residence.

All our rates are stated with a note that it does not include taxes & service charges, hence guests are to settle this only upon check out.
Due to your concerns the resort management offered a bottle of French Champagne, a selection of locally grown fruits and on the day of your departure complimentary late check out which normally charged of 70% of the room rate. The value of this was more than $500.

We hope that you have taken many fond memories of our beautiful resort back home despite all of the above concerns. I wish you had discussed these concerns with me while you were on the island as I would be able to cater to it more directly and immediately. My team & I will always look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back our island. I would hope that you will choose our resort again for your next visit to the Maldives, and get to remedy your disappointing experience from your last stay with a true dream holiday.

With warmest island greetings,
Martin Lount,
General Manager Coco Bodu Hithi

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

We visited the resort in march 17, we reached the resort by speed boat 40 min from male aéroport, many staff were waiting for us on the jetty with welcome drink's and fresh towels, then they escorted us to the reception for the check in process, it was fast with a lot of informations about the island and daily activities, after checking our water villa were outstanding with lovely view and private swimming pool, and the house reef is amazing so many Coral's and beautiful house reef.
The service were good, especially from the Moroccan and Egyptians guest relations officers, and of course Mr, Vikram for his assistance during our stay.
Issam