1,434 results
All reviews bedroom villa our honeymoon fish marine life the general manager sunset cruise low tide outdoor shower huge bathroom ginger tea understated luxury sand bank scuba diving signature massage heaven on earth spa treatments other resorts
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

This was our first trip to the Maldives and will definitely not be our last one.

Cocoa Island finds the right balance between the right level of intimacy to feel the sense of being alone on a private island and having sufficient infrastructure and facilities to have a nice restaurant, great bar, an own lobster cage by the reef and good diving facilities.

They also baked an amazing cake for my birthday and arranged for catering of my most favourite dishes to our room, which they didn’t have on the menu for that day, but managed to procure the required ingredients to accommodate our ask, which was fantastic.

We felt like home from day 1 and I cannot remember the last time I was so mesmerised by a hotel.

Staff was lovely, food and drinks were absolutely fantastic and the reef was out of this world - sting rays and even eagle rays in front of our water villa and turtles only 20 metres from our doorstep with colourful reefs that you only find in the central atolls and not in the outskirts of the Maldives in nowadays, unfortunately.

We will definitely return to this magical place in the years to come.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christoph M
benjaminkreuz, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Christoph M,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent made experiences with us on COMO Cocoa Island. We are thrilled to learn you felt right away at home, that our service excelled and that we were able to create unforgettable memories. Diving truly is outstanding in the South Male Atoll and we do have some of the best spots just around the corner.

Dear Christoph M, we all hope to see you soon again. With best wishes from
paradise,

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Super nice resort with great service, great rooms and amazing views. We stayed at an over water bungalow and it was absolute paradise. We recommended the resort to some friends, and they loved the place too.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
benjaminkreuz, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Galen F,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your short but sweet review. We happy to learn you enjoyed your time and even more delighted to find out you are recommending COMO Cocoa Islands to your friends. There is nothing better than a fantastic "mouth-to-mouth-" campaign.

Dear Galen F, we look forward to your next visit and remain with
kindest regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Hmmm... Trying to figure out how to put my experience into words. First, I want to offer a sincere "Thank You" to the staff at COMO Cocoa Island! You all went above and beyond, from the room cleaning to those maintaining the beach and hotel/restaurant staff, including (Vijay, Anura, and Dewi and the Manager Benjamin) I apologize for not remembering the names of all the others but I remember your excellent service. Including the chef and kitchen staff, the Lime Coconut Souffles were amazing along with all the awesome food.

Whoever is reading this review, book your reservation "NOW" and you are welcome! Because you will thank me and others later after your visit.

As for the experience my wife and I had, COMO Cocoa Island is the sweetest place I have been to yet (and I was at the Four Seasons in Lanai, Hawaii in March this year not to mention our many travels to Caribbean, Central America, Hawaiian Islands, Mexico, etc..), COMO exceeded in ways unmatched by any. The resort is small and tranquil, we were complimentary upgraded to a Loft Villa (room 807) upon check-in and our room was huge with direct ocean access for snorkeling like all the other rooms. The rooms are meticulously maintained and clean, fresh soft towels, ice bucket delivered daily, fresh cookies delivered daily, fresh fruit delivered daily, and the most amazing ocean view delivered daily everywhere you looked.

As for the food:
Breakfast-Excellent: Fresh baked breads, pastries, fruit, juices, and made to order breakfast plates all of which are included in room price.
Lunch-Excellent: Variety of fresh made to order items: Wok Thai fried rice, Margarita Pizza, Tandoor Chicken wings, Salads, Fish, etc...
Dinner-Excellent: Beef filet, Chicken, Fresh fish, Authentic Indian cuisine, gourmet soups and salads, and much more.
Desert: Excellent: My favorite by far, the Coconut Lime Souffle and coconut ice cream.

I am a die-hard beach goer, born-raised and still living in Southern California. the beach and ocean in The Maldives and COMO are BAR NONE without comparison the most pristine and most beautiful of anywhere in the world (just google: "most exotic island in the world" no. 1 is the Maldives). We swam in the ocean regularly everyday and loved the snorkeling. Perhaps, one of our favorite things my wife and I did was to walk to the tip of the sand bar into the ocean and then swim in waist deep water in the middle of the warm Indian Ocean. The sand is white (more white than any I've seen) and soft.

We would also lay under a palapa staring at he ocean and take naps listening to the small waves and tides. We enjoyed paddle boarding in the crystal clear water that sparkled like diamonds. You'll love looking at the little black tip reef sharks and sting rays as well.

let me sum up this review like this: Our hearts have been touched by the sincere and impeccable treatment of the COMO Staff. The owner of the Hotel, Christina Ong KNOWS how to provide a wonderful resort I have yet to see matched by any. I can simply say, my wife and I will remember this forever and we will be back again, and this time with our three children.

Matthew Minor

Room Tip: Book your room and don't worrly about it, they are all awesome rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mcmairtime

Dear Matthew,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. Truly been our pleasure to welcome you and your wife to our little paradise at COMO Cocoa Island.

We all are excited to read you both had such a great stay with us, enjoying the sandy beach all round, our beautiful sandbank and our outstanding cuisine. Personally, I will ensure to share your words with the entire team - especially with the once behind the hot stoves. We are very proud to have created such a unique time for you on our Island.

Dear Matthew, we are all looking to welcome you and your entire family back for a next visit. The Lime Coconut Soufflé and all the other great desserts will be waiting for you.

Best wishes from the Maldives,

Reviewed 7 October 2017

We booked COMO Cocoa Island as a last minute holiday. With little time to research the myriad of hotels the Maldives has to offer, we went with a brand we trusted and liked.

I don't typically write reviews on TripAdvisor but wanted to as a way to leave a heartfelt note of thanks for the authentic and warm service we received during our 6 day stay on the island.

COMO hotels aim to look after guests' mind, body and spirit and we felt they went above and beyond in delivering this mission.

MIND
We were apprehensive about travelling with a 11 month old baby to a tropical destination with almost zero planning (we booked 3 days in advance after our original trip was cancelled). However, from the moment we stepped off the plane, the COMO team took care of every need so that we could completely switch off and not worry about a thing. In particular, we are so grateful for the way they looked after our little one with three thoughtfully prepared infant meals a day, and distracting her for a few minutes at breakfast so that we could finish our meal!

BODY
Although the island is tiny, there are plenty of activities to keep us occupied for 6 days - from snorkelling to yoga to sunset swims. There's only one restaurant but the food was also excellent - especially the curries. The massages, in rooms overlooking the ocean, were another highlight.

SPIRIT
The island has a considered approach to sustainability and I especially liked how they've considered the impact to the environment through minimal use of plastic (only glass bottles and paper straws) as well as the coral sponsorship programmes.

Overall, it was a happy accident that we ended up at Cocoa Island but we had an unforgettable time and hope to back again soon.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
benjaminkreuz, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Jill X,

Thank you having taken you time to share with us your experience made on COMO Cocoa Island during your recent visit and moreover, thank you very much for your
heartfelt note of thanks.

We are all excited to find out that you and your family had such a wonderful time with us. It has been our pleasure to create such a unforgettable time for all of you.

Dear Jill X, we a look forward to your next visit. Best wishes from paradise.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

The most amazing experience you could ask for. Travelled here for 5 days of rest and relaxation with 2 kids (aged 7 and 9). Actually our 3rd visit in as many years : )
A new adventure every day! And we really took advantage of every opportunity. We managed to see spinner dolphins at sunset, snorkel with manta rays, swim with turtles, line fish for red snapper (making a delish lunch the next day!), and then plant our own coral reef frame in the waters of the resort. Downtime would include playing chess and monopoly with stunning views of the beach and a cool ocean breeze. Or jumping off our own deck into the clear waters. I even spent a good chunk of time chilling with a green turtle on the house reef!! Plus lots of baby black tipped reef sharks and feathertail rays off the walkways.
I love this resort because there are only 33 rooms on the whole property, so even when at capacity, it never ever felt that way. The food was as healthy (green goddess soup, steamed fresh fish) or as decadent (cheesy pizzas, luxe curries and al dente pastas) as we wanted. All of the team on the resort from the servers in the restaurant and bar to the water sports centre staff were friendly, helpful and just simply the most personable people you will ever meet! They really went out of their way to connect with the guests and especially the kids. The GM Benjamin is one of the best. I work with tons of hotels in my business but he stands out as one that genuinely cares for his staff as much as his guests. You really can feel the dedication.
We look forward to seeing our coral grow over the years, making a magical, meaningful and lasting legacy for me and my kids!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
benjaminkreuz, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Dear jennting,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

You and your children truly made the utmost of your time with us, exploring nearly all there is and assisting us with the great Coral project. We are happy you had such a great time with us and that all our team members excelled to ensure you only leave us with the best of memories.

We look forward to your next visit and we promise to look after your coral tray well.
Best wishes from paradise,