1,435 results
All reviews bedroom villa our honeymoon fish marine life the general manager sunset cruise low tide outdoor shower huge bathroom ginger tea understated luxury sand bank scuba diving signature massage heaven on earth spa treatments other resorts
Reviewed 7 June 2012

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT & EXCELLENT!! That is what I want to share to all people. If you are looking for a private island to enjoy your travel trip or even honeymoon, it is one of your best choices.

My wife and I had been stayed at the Loft Villa there, the facilities and area inside it will make you amazing. The bathroom is very big and there is an outside shower area for guest after swimming in the sea. I think the design of the bedroom is unique in Maldives as it is seperated in 2 levels with the living room, and it is with a restroom in the 2nd level. If you want to have a spacious terrace, you better choose to stay at Loft Villa instead of Dohni Suite as the price is just a bit higher.

Just about 10 metres from the terrace, you may find the beautiful coral and many species of coral animals which may spend you for some days. We had even met a big eagle ray there, it was so wonderful!

Although there is only one restaurant in the island, we thought the food and service quailty is very very nice. For the complimentary breakfast, couples may pick 3 choices from the menu every morning instead of only having buffet like the other hotels, and the breakfast there is also very very good. I think the cooks are cool!

Beside, we had also joinned diving there. It just took you about 10-20 minutes by boat to the great diving spots as the island is in the famous diving area, and the house reef is also good enough for you to have fun. The rental equipments of the dive shop were kept in new status and the dive guide we met was very reliable and friendly. It is no reason to skip this activity there.

While we checked out, the manager suddenly gave us a honeymoon souvenir. Although it is not a valued thing, we loved it so. I would not tell you what it is here, just keep that surprise till you go there. Hope my information and comment may help you and it is highly recommended to stay there in a moment in your life.

Room Tip: Loft Villa is the most valued to money.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jed_HK
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Wow - just returned this morning from five very special days at Cocoa Island. I feel that we've discovered somewhere which we'll go back to time and time again. The location, island layout, staff, food and snorkeling were all way beyond my expectations. We really felt we'd arrived at our own private home in the Maldives.
The transfer from Airport to speed boat was very quick and easy meaning that we were able to get on to the island straight away and start our holiday. This was highly appreciated given our airline messed up our transfer through Doha leaving us stranded on route for 20 hours. Despite this not being Cocoa Island's issue they bent over backwards to assist us which is much more than the airline did.
At the end of the holiday when we caught the speed boat back to Male and past a number of other resorts I couldn't help think that none of them measure up to what we experienced at Cocoa.

Room Tip: Ask to go out by boat to find the Manta Ray - very very special experience
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I can't say enough about Cocoa Island Resort...this was my first trip to the Maldives and there is no better place to be than Cocoa Island. The staff were amazing! Resort management, restaurant staff and housekeeping staff made an effort to learn our names as soon as we arrived on the island. My partner and I stayed in a loft villa which was luxurious. It was large and spacious; the room had 2 bathrooms and 2 showers (both indoors/outdoors - nice touch!) and 1 very large bathtub; the king size bed was comfortable and the back deck was very private. It was nice to relax outside on the deck with a beautiful view of the ocean. The room was air conditioned and there was complimentary bottled water available at all times. Fruit was delivered to the room everyday which was also a nice touch. Kudos to Irushad for taking excellent care of our room!

The food in the restaurant was excellent! The menu changed daily for the most part but there were always a few favourites I could choose from. As I'm not a huge seafood or fish eater, I was worried that my meal selection would be limited. However, that was not the case. Not only did the restaurant offer a large seafood/fish selection, it also offered a variety of different meats (pork, beef, chicken) and vegetation choices. I also appreciated the restaurant's "health choice" menu. The restaurant also offers theme nights - Thai, Indian and Seafood BBQ - all excellent. They also have a good selection of hard liquor, wines and beers to choose from. Thanks to the wait staff (Vijay, Eka and Muru) for providing excellent service and providing excellent choices from the menu.

The meal portions are large so I would suggest that future visitors choose the 1/2 board plan or a la carte approach (if you're a small eater). Good thing - the resort will allow you make a change to your meal plan if you choose (but suggest you clarify this point when you arrive). We initially went full board but found we were eating far too much food and opted for the 1/2 board (which included breakfast and dinner). If we wanted lunch, we generally shared a big salad or a chicken wrap (a la carte).

The resort is small (250m long x 50m wide) but there were plenty of activities to choose from (the resort's website provides a good summary (and cost) of all activities they provide). Since this trip was a complete R&R for me, I choose to swim, snorkel (resort provides the snorkel and flippers) around the reef or suntan on the beach or at the pool - 8 days of pure bliss. The beach is pristine and the marine life is stunning. I saw fish I had never seen before (or heard of) - very exciting.

This was a perfect holiday for me and I can't speak enough of the quality of the resort and the professionalism of the staff. I would definitely recommend Cocoa Island Resort to anyone who makes the trip to the Maldives.

Room Tip: Loft villa - rooms 801 or 802; these lofts provide the best privacy from other lofts.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravellorPlus2000
Reviewed 31 May 2012

2nd trip to the Maldives (went to Veligandu on 1st visit) and was equally depressed having to leave paradise. Cocoa Island is very small. This gave the island a private and intimate feel. Best if visited by a couple on a romantic getaway. Food was top notch every single night, but the clear winner was the seafood bbq night. All you can eat, grilled on the spot, and super fresh seafood. All service staff were very friendly. Stayed in a dhoni loft, which was spacious and airy. There is a long sandbank at one end of the island. We took a long walk at dusk and it was magical. The breeze, colors, and endless stretch of sand in the blue sea was unlike anywhere I've seen in the world. Sea life was incredible. We snorkeled on the house reef all 9 days and say different sea life every day, from sea turtles, stingrays, giant eels, pufferfishes, to octopus. Resort also had a nice touch leaving a book on sea life of the area so we can come back after snorkeling to find out what we saw. Can't really go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: We had suite 823, and found the water on this side to be more consistent in level. Suites on the other end looked like they were practically on land during low tide, and there was a pump/filter thing closer to that side that we made sure to stay away from.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank emai_trippin
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I enjoyed my vacation on Cocoa island very much, especially because it's a cosy, small place with only a few bungalows and the food is also escellent. especially the exotic fresh fruits for breakfast were absolutely my stile. I also liked the idea that the island was totally "wild", before a German Photographer from Duesseldorf had the idea to create a remote recreation resort here...
I was there some years ago and I saw the new photos... I'm not so sure if I didn't like it even more the more natural way back then...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple