1,435 results
All reviews bedroom villa our honeymoon fish marine life the general manager sunset cruise low tide outdoor shower huge bathroom ginger tea understated luxury sand bank scuba diving signature massage heaven on earth spa treatments other resorts
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Stayed in February for 7 nights in a Dhoni for our honeymoon.
Arrived at airport and you literally step into a speed boat for the 40 mins ride out to the island. The island was full for the week but you would never know this as it so peaceful. Immediately booked a massage and relaxed in the spa pool. The dhoni is situated in the sea via a small raised walkway. Large bathroom with walk in shower as well as a deep bath. Main bedroom is also large and spacious with a lower level seating area with sliding door out on to a deck with steps into the sea... totally heaven. Sun loungers on deck + table and chairs for al fresco dining in privacy. Food is amazing for all meal times with a menu that changes to keep you tantalised Eka was always smiling and rembered our names. Fantastic snorkelling all round the island as well as Diving (our instructor Jon was very good and calm with us beginners). Did the sunset boat trip which started with seeing dolphins, magical. Overall an amazing place which is made by not only the breathtaking situation but by a team of loyal staff who really do want you to be happy and relaxed. Well done Cocoa you have a fan for life....We will be back

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AthenaeumHotelLondon
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We were lucky enough to spend 9 nights at Cocoa for our honeymoon in December. The location, food and service completely surpassed our expectations - we had certainly arrived in paradise. We stayed in a dhoni suite which was roomy and immaculately clean and all of the staff that we encountered couldn't do enough for us, although we would like to make special reference to Felix, Anura and Moosa who were fantastic in every way. Thank you so much Cocoa - we'll be back.....John and Steph, UK

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie C
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed at Cocoa end Jan/beginning Feb this year, 2012. I am writing an article about our trip which should be ready end Feb/early March. Hmmm. It won't be top of the list and it won't hit the bottom but please don't book your moon of honeys here before then - a diving holiday yes, maybe but not your honeymoon.

Room score - first week was great, then we extended too late to retain same accommodation. We were prepared for a little disappointment and thought we had managed our own expectations - not a bit of it.

More in the piece once ready to publish - I am rating the second room here - the loft villas were far superior.

It is very difficult to score this holiday on service because it was so variable and also because it was a key period for the management and staff - which clearly should not have impacted on their guests.

Room Tip: Do not select aything less than a loft villa if you want any sort of privacy at all!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
17  Thank AnnaORoaming
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear AnnaORoaming

Recently being appointed as General Manager of Cocoa Island, I am reviewing all comments related to the property and came to realize that your comments posted in February 2012 were unfortunately unanswered.

I understand that after that many years so much can be done to recover from the above mentioned issues but I wanted anyhow to let you know that each and every guest comments counts to us and will be acted upon immediately in case of disappointments.

I apologize your previous stay with us which did not meet your expectations and surely hope you will reconsider visiting us some days so that we may truly showcase the level of service our team is able to deliver.

Until then, I remain at your service. Thank you again for your patronage.

Laurent Sola

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Let me first start by saying, Cocoa Island Resort is very well maintained and managed. The service was first rate and it's the people that made the trip for me, no doubt. Location was beautiful, villas were outstanding, very clean and I can't wait to go back. Many thanks to the staff that made the trip for us, especially Vijay Baskar and Eka. The others were awesome as well but these two stuck out for us. From the time we got off the plane until the time we got back on, they took care of us. Again, thanks Cocoa Island for such a wonderful experience. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: From what I saw all the rooms were good but if you can get a villas towards the ends, go for it.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gregory J
Reviewed 31 January 2012

My husband and I went for our honeymoon in the second week of January and we really couldn't be happier with our time at Cocoa Island. In fact, we even made up a song about Cocoa Island that we are still singing to each other. It makes us happy.

As everyone here is saying, the food is amazing, and honestly, I couldn't even imagine having stayed in a resort with more than one restaurant, since we had such wonderful dining experiences here. We had the rock lobster one night and it was by far the best lobster we've ever tasted - totally different than what we get in the US. We ended up ordering lobster a couple more times throughout our stay because it was so delicious and so worth the price.

We also had a fantastic time diving. My husband got certified especially for our honeymoon, and we expected just to do some simple dives there. But when we arrived we realized we could do the Adventure diver course, which included all sorts of fun new experiences, and ended up doing that instead. Marie, our instructor, was super sweet, and very patient with me (I am not the most graceful of divers). We did the PPB, Drift Diving, and Underwater Photography. I especially recommend the last one, because they lend you their camera and you get all sorts of fantastic pictures.

We really felt like the service was superb, and everyone went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. Yes, the spa booked in advance, but we booked the first day we arrived so were able to get some good slots.

We stayed at some pretty amazing hotels on the rest of our honeymoon trip through India, and Cocoa Island definitely won the prize for not only the best of the honeymoon hotels, but the best hotel we've ever been to. We've already recommended to another couple we know who are honeymooning in October, and are starting to think about when we will be able to take our next trip. We can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the one-bedroom villas, and I have to say it seems like this, or the Loft Villa, is the way to go, because they have the private decks in the back so you can just lounge and swim from there all day.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple