“Excellent food and great service!”

The Swedes Bar & Bistro
Price range: USD 3 - USD 15
Cuisines: European, Swedish, Scandinavian, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our friends recommended that we come here for dinner and we could not be more pleased with the selection of food and the prices to boot.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We have been in the Puerto Vallarta area for 4 months and of yet have not experienced a good, if not great, dining experience. We rely on TripAdvisor and word of mouth. Last night, while at Blondies ( an experience of wonderful alcoholic beverages that should not be missed in the Romantica Zone), we asked the waiter where to eat. He suggested The Swedes. So, we gave it a try....and will surely return. The waitstaff was wonderful. Could not do more for our eating and drinking pleasure. My husband had leg of lamb while I had the Cobb Chicken Salad. The lamb was prepared perfectly as was my salad. For example....the chicken breast was placed on top of the salad in a very large bowl. I requested that the chicken be cut into bite size pieces.....no problem. The drinks were wonderful as well. So, give it a try. Yes, they do take credit cards. Also, we sat upstairs where there was a pleasant breeze and a beautiful setting....

Reviewed 28 March 2018

After reading a few of the reviews on here we decided to give it another go. We had been a year or so ago and were underwhelmed. Once again, not so impressed.

Food was ok, service wasn't great and the drinks were just average. Our waitress was more focussed on visiting with the staff. At one point we lost her mid conversation as a friend walked by outside.

Even the process of trying to make a reservation was lost on us. No one responded to our emails. Eventually I just called an hour before we were to be there and asked if that was going to be ok. Thankfully it was.

I just feel like I have been twice now and I want to have the experience the majority of the other reviewers have. There just wasn't anything about the visit that blew me away and the bill was still mid/high in comparison to our other restaurant excursions.

Funny anecdote - I read a bit about the meatballs specifically, we noted when we arrived that they weren't on the menu and asked about them. The waitress told us they only served them on Mondays......but then I pointed out they were closed Mondays. She said I was correct and we left it there. lol.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit after several years, as we were encouraged by everyone’s positive feedback. Unfortunately the food has not changed, still bland. The service was exceptional, the atmosphere as well....but our two different menu items confirmed that the blandness of our previous visit remains. There was another issue, but that was our fault. We ordered the Boido Pinot Grigrio, and though initially when tasted it seemed ok, after serveral sips, it was very clear to us that it had gone bad. We kept drinking it thinking that perhaps it was simply this blend.... but no, it had fallen victim of many imported white wine in that it overheated at some point....but that’s our fault for not sending it back. Again, the service was exceptional and prices were reasonable....but we will not be making a third visit.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We ate here twice and both times we enjoyed the meat and the wait staff could not be any better. The first time we were told we would have to wait for a table, but there were seats available at the bar. We no more than got our drinks and we were being seated. Everything we ordered was very good including our drinks.