“Decent real ales friendly, efficient staff, well managed”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The King & Queen Bar
More attraction details
Owner description: Great food and fabulous service, in a relaxed, traditional country pub atmosphere - for reviews of our restaurant, please see our main listing under the West Malling Area.
Reviewed 4 May 2016

Dropped in for drinks early evening. Restaurant busy and so were bar staff. However service was efficient and friendly - manager noticed I was waiting at the bar and stopped a girl collecting glasses so she could serve me. Great to see the manager do this - clearly running an efficient ship with a watchful eye!!! Passing waitress later noticed that our bowl of nuts was empty - she asked if she could get us some more. Again - well trained!!! Real ales were well kept and interesting selection. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 31 December 2015

After a wonderful visit last Christmas, with a group of girlfriends, this year was a disappointment. My tiny piece of sea bass was over cooked on one slice of aubergine & one slice of tomato. The plate was filled with a mass of boiled potatoes. They did change my meal with no argument, but what came back was a large, thick piece of fish. I have never seen sea bass like this & to me it tasted like cod. Unfortunately it was again over cooked & the rest of the plate looked as boring as the first. They did remove this meal from the bill. My fellow diners all had moans, mainly that the stated roast potatoes were boiled, hard veg & a bit boring. The Christmas mess, for dessert, was a layer of fruit, a piece of meringue & thick cream dumped on the top. Another disappointment. My venison started was delicious! They ran out of our chosen wine after just 2 bottles, but did offer another at the same price. We poured most of it ourselves as wine waiters were very thin on the ground. When one did show up, to ask if we wanted more from the bar, he never attempted to see if we still had some in the bucket (we did) or pour any! Coffee then took ages to come with the excuse that they were busy! Not my problem. The groups were all booked with menus pre booked so why the surprise! I really do get fed up with bad service & food not up to standard just because it is Christmas!!

Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

Very nice bar. Friendly and efficient staff. A very pleasant way to spend an evening With Friends and Family.

Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

I've been to The Kind & Queen pub many times with family and I love the environment, the staff is professional and organised and the place is clean and charming. The beer garden is a plus, it is definitely a must visit!