Review Highlights
Nice place

Attended here with friends! Food was nice not exceptional! Staff made this place, very friendly and... read more

Reviewed 6 May 2017
mrsflox2b
Aylesford, United Kingdom
via mobile
Mixed views

Arrived for dinner Friday evening 6th May 2017. Welcomed both at the bar and in the restaurant... read more

Reviewed 6 May 2017
alacrity2015
Rainham, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 December 2015

After a wonderful visit last Christmas, with a group of girlfriends, this year was a disappointment. My tiny piece of sea bass was over cooked on one slice of aubergine & one slice of tomato. The plate was filled with a mass of boiled potatoes. They did change my meal with no argument, but what came back was a large, thick piece of fish. I have never seen sea bass like this & to me it tasted like cod. Unfortunately it was again over cooked & the rest of the plate looked as boring as the first. They did remove this meal from the bill. My fellow diners all had moans, mainly that the stated roast potatoes were boiled, hard veg & a bit boring. The Christmas mess, for dessert, was a layer of fruit, a piece of meringue & thick cream dumped on the top. Another disappointment. My venison started was delicious! They ran out of our chosen wine after just 2 bottles, but did offer another at the same price. We poured most of it ourselves as wine waiters were very thin on the ground. When one did show up, to ask if we wanted more from the bar, he never attempted to see if we still had some in the bucket (we did) or pour any! Coffee then took ages to come with the excuse that they were busy! Not my problem. The groups were all booked with menus pre booked so why the surprise! I really do get fed up with bad service & food not up to standard just because it is Christmas!!

Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

Very nice bar. Friendly and efficient staff. A very pleasant way to spend an evening With Friends and Family.

Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

I've been to The Kind & Queen pub many times with family and I love the environment, the staff is professional and organised and the place is clean and charming. The beer garden is a plus, it is definitely a must visit!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Having passed the K&Q a few times, decided to pop in for a swift drink. Because of the dreaded drink-driving, just had the one round.
Pint of Perroni and a medium size glass of Pino with soda. Had a tenner in my hand.
No, not enough! £10.25 please sir!!!
Zoomed back to our local in Gillingham, same round £6.04.
Wow. Some difference?

3  Thank tom_taxi
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Firstly I should make it clear that this review and rating is as a pub only as we only went in for a couple of drinks, so I cannot comment on the food or restaurant aspect.

This is a historic inn, and has a good old-fashioned feel about the spacious bar, with the carpeted floor, dark wood furniture and beams giving a comfortable and cosy ambience. There is also a dining area, although I believe you can eat in the bar if you wish.

I was pleased that the bar area was kept as such, so that those simply going in for a few drinks do not feel as though they are in the middle of a restaurant. The only slight criticism of this is that when I went to the bar to order a beer the young lady said, “have you got a reservation” before I’d even opened my mouth. I resisted the temptation to ask whether you needed to book a table simply for a beer, but why do bar staff feel the need to ask this or assume everyone is going there to eat when it is also a pub (and I am sure that anyone who had got a reservation for dinner would say so without having to be asked).

Other than that small point I thought it a comfortable bar with a good selection of beers on tap. It also has a spacious car park at the side, which is helpful, as street parking appears to be difficult.

2  Thank malabarfly