“Fun evening - lovely environment ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The King & Queen Bar
More attraction details
Owner description: Great food and fabulous service, in a relaxed, traditional country pub atmosphere - for reviews of our restaurant, please see our main listing under the West Malling Area.
Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

Very nice bar. Friendly and efficient staff. A very pleasant way to spend an evening With Friends and Family.

Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

I've been to The Kind & Queen pub many times with family and I love the environment, the staff is professional and organised and the place is clean and charming. The beer garden is a plus, it is definitely a must visit!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Having passed the K&Q a few times, decided to pop in for a swift drink. Because of the dreaded drink-driving, just had the one round.
Pint of Perroni and a medium size glass of Pino with soda. Had a tenner in my hand.
No, not enough! £10.25 please sir!!!
Zoomed back to our local in Gillingham, same round £6.04.
Wow. Some difference?

3  Thank tom_taxi
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Firstly I should make it clear that this review and rating is as a pub only as we only went in for a couple of drinks, so I cannot comment on the food or restaurant aspect.

This is a historic inn, and has a good old-fashioned feel about the spacious bar, with the carpeted floor, dark wood furniture and beams giving a comfortable and cosy ambience. There is also a dining area, although I believe you can eat in the bar if you wish.

I was pleased that the bar area was kept as such, so that those simply going in for a few drinks do not feel as though they are in the middle of a restaurant. The only slight criticism of this is that when I went to the bar to order a beer the young lady said, “have you got a reservation” before I’d even opened my mouth. I resisted the temptation to ask whether you needed to book a table simply for a beer, but why do bar staff feel the need to ask this or assume everyone is going there to eat when it is also a pub (and I am sure that anyone who had got a reservation for dinner would say so without having to be asked).

Other than that small point I thought it a comfortable bar with a good selection of beers on tap. It also has a spacious car park at the side, which is helpful, as street parking appears to be difficult.

2  Thank malabarfly
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I'm going to cut to the chase; this pub charges ridiculous prices. The cost for a soda and lime was £3.00!!! Yup - that's soda water which costs nothing, and lime cordial which costs approx 30p-70p in most other pubs. I queried the cost with the barmaid, who confirmed they charge £3.00 for one measure of cordial! The beer was averagely priced, so no complaint there, but I really object when a pub tries to fleece people for soft drinks. Will not be returning to this pub.

2  Thank John O