“Bad service”
Review of Le Bouchon

Reserve with OpenTable
Le Bouchon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 110 Restaurants in Maldon
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Le Bouchon is a grade II listed, 300 year old Georgian building which has undergone an extensive refurbishment programme restoring the building to its former glory. The renovation period lasted in excess of 2 years, working many hours to create the right feel and ambience within this wonderful building, combining some of the original period features with furnishings and classically styled decoration that complements the building. Our restaurant offers a blend of both French and English Cuisine, set in a relaxed and intimate environment. Enjoy a meal from our A la carte menu in the main restaurant or choose from our wide selection of the menus available. Le Bouchon offer 14 individually styled en-suite boutique bedrooms each with their own character. All rooms have flat screen smart LED TV, telephone and FREE wifi access, choice of either hard or soft pillow, duvet or blanket and a complimentary breakfast.
Reviewed 13 May 2017

We have been here a few times and while the manager? Really lovely man has always looked after us,this time he was not there.
Firstly we sat down before dinner to have some drinks, we waited at least 10mins, and then I had to ask someone if we could have drinks, we waited another 15 mins before we received the menu.
The drinks are normally put on a tray but this time we carried them in along with coats and bags etc.
The young man that served was inexperienced and we had to ask again for more drinks, pour our own wine, we asked for more bread as my friend had soup and then we had to ask again by such time she had almost finished.
The food was very nice and the diner came out very quick.
Again I had to ask for a coffee.
Please come back the nice man or gives excellent customer service.
There is a service charge put on and on this occasion I would have not given anything.

3  Thank 869clarkie13

Reviewed 13 May 2017

I visited as part of a birthday party meal for a friend. The team on arrival were welcoming and I was shown to the rest of the party quickly. The menu was extensive and the food tasty - I particularly enjoyed the chicken liver parfait and the pork. Will definitely return again.

Le_Bouchon_Maldon, Front Office Manager at Le Bouchon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Dear Guest

Many thanks for reviewing our restaurant.

We appreciate your lovely comments regarding your visit to us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 May 2017

I've been for afternoon about three times in the last nine months, and every time it has been absolutely fabulous! Well worth a visit!

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to us.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea here at Le Bouchon.

We hope to see you again sometime in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2017

We have stayed here in the past and I gave it five even though the restaraunt did not open Sunday evening? This time I booked and arranged a taxi to go to town for a Sunday meal Hwever when I phoned later to book a meal in the superb restaraunt I was told that as it was Bank holiday they were not open So I cancelled my booking I would suggest they call this a five star food outlet with rooms not a hotel

2  Thank Williamhartland
Le_Bouchon_Maldon, Front Office Manager at Le Bouchon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Dear guest,
You didn’t actually stay at our hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience with Le Bouchon; however we feel this violates TripAdvisor guidelines. Guests can write a review, if they have actually visited the premises.

Our opening hours are readily available online, both through our online booking agents and our direct website. We understand that you did infact book online, where our opening times are quite clearly stated. On Bank Holiday Mondays (like most places) we operate a 12-17.00 lunch service only, the same as our regular Sunday lunch service 12-17.00.

We have never been open on a Sunday evening or Bank Holiday Monday evening, ever since we have first opened.

You have mentioned that the food is 5 stars however have given a poor review, basing it on a visit that never happened, and our opening times, which were clearly stated on our website.

We are going to approach TripAdvisor to request to remove this review.
Regards,
Le Bouchon Hotel

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is such a hidden gem. It's by far my favourite restaurant in Essex and I choose to go here for all my special events.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your time to review our restaurant.

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed every aspect of your experiences with us.

Please do not hesitate to come visit us again soon.

Kind regards,