“Past its best western”

Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Talbot
Reviewed 6 August 2017

This hotel is in dire need of some TLC . The Staff could not be more helpful or knowledgeable but building was shabby and leaking .
On arrival the weather was appalling and rainwater leaked constantly through the window seals and onto the sill into my room and windows in corridors . The whole underside of the sill was damp and soft and I had to use towels to stop water dripping inside.
The corridor carpets looked as if they had been damp and not fully dried and the toilet in my room dripped water constantly from the cistern . I relayed this information to the staff but no effort appeared to have been made to address either problem before I left 2 days later
Breakfast on the whole was good with a wide range of food. I ordered haddock and poached eggs the first morning but didn't realise I had to get my own toast so the food got cold while I waited inline for the toaster .
The second morning I discovered that some of the prunes had started to ferment. I informed staff immediately but other friend of mine arriving later for breakfast complained that the prunes were fizzy so evidently no one had actually removed the bowl .
There was a small swimming pool which was clean and bizarrely in full view of the restaurant and lobby. There were only 4 lockers inthe chAnging room and although I was given a key I would have had to remove someone else's clothing and place it somewhere else
For the odd night I think the hotel is well placed for the beach and journeys to porthcawl / porth Talbot.if you want to do lane swimming use the local leisure centre .
I think £65 / night for a single person was steep for what was actually offered

Room Tip: Most rooms are similar
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Nice hotel right opposite lovely beach. Staff very friendly and helpful.
On site pool and jacuzzi.
Breakfast very good lots of choice.

Great location for exploring further up or down the coast as well.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank nicolaE694QO
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We chose this hotel for a family get together for Sunday lunch as my wife had entertained there on a number of occasions. Food was really good and Louise and the girls looked after us really well. Must say the hotel looks very drab on the outside but once through the door that all changes
James.

1  Thank James R
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

After an awful experience at a previous hotel I was forced to find somewhere else to stay at very late notice. (11pm in the evening) we found this hotel at a reasonable price basicly a lot cheaper than the previous hotel we were meant to stay at. Anyway we arrived at the hotel at 11.20pm and were very impressed with the reception and the service. The room was spacious and clean and the beds although twin beds were large and comfortable The bathroom was clean tidy and fresh.after a refreshing nights sleep we went down to breakfast where the staff were very helpful and efficient. You could have a continental breakfast or a fully cooked Welsh breakfast which we opted for. Very high standard breakfast with prompt service. Very value for money. Would highly recommend. Although the outside of the hotel looks like something from the 50s/60s don't let looks deceive you as when you get inside it is modern and has charm. Really enjoyed my stay. Inside there is a swimming pool which was a shock as I wasn't expecting that but was a pleasant surprise. Will definitely be staying there again thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lynneb2008
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We were worried when we pulled up as the hitel does look shabby but the staff were welcoming and the interior was clean if not a little tired. The breakfast was great with a good selection of cooked items as well as continental style items.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
The Towers Hotel & Spa
The Towers Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Jersey Marine

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Port Talbot

Been to Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel

Address: Princess Margaret Way, Port Talbot SA12 6QP, Wales
Region: United Kingdom > Wales > Southern Wales > Neath Port Talbot > Port Talbot
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Talbot
Price Range: $83 - $137 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Swansea Bay