“Good value”

Four Winds Restaurant & Bars
Ranked #29 of 86 Restaurants in Port Talbot
Price range: USD 7 - USD 22
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A return visit to The Four Winds following a previous good experience here some months ago. The restaurant here is a well appointed, pleasant room with nice views of the Aberavon beach, Swansea bay and on a clear, sunny day , the North Devon coastline.
We ordered 3 meals from the lite bites menu , scampi and chips, chicken tikka and an "all day" breakfast. These were provided quickly and were nicely presented. The waitress was very attentive .
The meals tasted as good as they looked. Very good value. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

So after completing a trail in Wales we decided to eat here next to our hotel. We went to the restaurant next door but thought we might be too loud for the two couples that were currently there so kindly went next door to the pub.
Great layout, big tables and small and seemed to be wheelchair accessible with a stage at the front
We ordered food but after 20 minutes hadn’t seen anything so asked how long it would be she said not long (no apology) but still hadn’t had anything after another 15 so again asked where it was where the bar tender said a large group just came and ordered next door that’s why it’s taking so long!
I could not believe it.. no apology, no free drinks or pudding or snacks to save sorry again and that group must have come after us as there was no one insight when we went there coming in or out and we had ordered with seconds of arriving! I was fuming.
When it did eventually come out we had half a sorry and the food was out okay, standard pub grub.
The only thing that made my night was the Band. I went and got drinks from the garage as I refused to give the pub any more money

Mark D, Manager at Four Winds Restaurant & Bars, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi I am very sorry you had this experience here, we strive to give all of our customers the best experience at the Four Winds. I will speak to all the staff involved to ensure that this does not happen again and I hope this has not put you off returning to us in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Visited here on Wednesday with family and a friend and I must say we had a really enjoyable meal, the restaurants decor is done to a high standard and so pleasant. Also the staff are very welcoming , will definitely return again .

Reviewed 4 March 2018

My carer and her husband took me for Sunday lunch we had the carvery which is always advisable to pre-book. Plenty of choice of vegetables and we had beef,. Pork, lamb and Turkey. I brought all the meat home for my dog but you are allowed unlimited vegetables. However after eating a big plateful of veg and a Yorkshire pudding the size of a moon, I asked to take some veg home which they provided me with a take away container. If you have the Sunday lunch bar meal you have to pay extra for swede, cauliflower cheese, parsnips where it's all included in the price of £7.95 in the carvery. Well worth a booked visit, will definitely be going back again.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Very nice evening ,very warm ,good company,nice function room,Buffett very hot,nice service,nice service etc