New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

and up
Australia Zoo 1-Day or 2-Day Admission Ticket
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Beerwah
More attraction details
Owner description: Wildlife in this popular zoo was captured by Australia's famous "Crocodile Hunter," a legendary herpetologist excelling in snake and crocodile capture techniques.
Christchurch, New Zealand
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Very professionally run”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

I have a few mixed feelings about this place. I have no complaints about the professionalism of the staff with each of the encounter experiences being done with good humour and an expert knowledge of the animal being talked about. My kids loved the fact that they were able to pat a lot of the animals and they werevery impressed by the main show. The facilities were very good and the environment was very attractively maintained. We managed to fill in the whole day. However, in all honesty I can't see how they can justify the entrance fee. I have been to several other similar wildlife parks on Australia which have offered pretty much the same (probably not quite the same range) but at a much more reasonable price. I got very sick off the rampant marketing of the Irwin clan as well! Overall a reasonable experience if you want to pay the high price, especially for the kids, but better value elsewhere.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank walts1
, Online Coordinator at Australia Zoo, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Hello, thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. We're glad you had such a great day.

We'd also like to thank you for your support and contribution. Everyone who visits Australia Zoo is directly contributing to our crucially important and successful conservation programs for Sumatran Tigers, Asian Elephants, Cheetah, Crocodiles, Tasmanian Devils and more. Your contribution also supports the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital which cares for over 8000 sick and injured animals each year.

Because Australia Zoo is a privately run family business we rely solely on our visitors and don't receive government subsidies like most large Australian zoo's. This means we appreciate each and every visitor to Australia Zoo and pride ourselves on giving the best wildlife experience possible.

Once again we thank you for visiting and appreciate your support.

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Brisbane
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Really interesting and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

This is the third time I've visited Australia Zoo in about seven years and it gets better every time. This time we visited in July, the Australian winter, and the temperature was just ideal for walking around. The attractions were excellent and some great information was imparted. A really good day out

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Swishytail
, Online Coordinator at Australia Zoo, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thanks for visiting again, we're glad you had such a great day and we appreciate your support!
Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again :)
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must visit for all.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

Kids to Adults you'll love watching the animals and have a lovely day out. Take your hat can get warm.

, Online Coordinator at Australia Zoo, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
G'day, thanks for your review.

You're right, even though it's winter it can get very warm here on the Sunshine Coast. We do recommend to bring a hat, suitable footwear, sunscreen and plenty of water. We also have water bubblers to fill up your own water bottles :)
Pinjarra, Australia
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

Loved the crocodile enclosures and how each is named and a brief background about them. The show in the big arena was very entertaining, the array of animals that have been rescued is amazing. My kids were so excited to see Steve's kids, who were walking the elephants. The only downside was the over selling of the kids.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“An Absolutely Awful Money Making Machine!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I am going to be honest, there is a far better place to visit in Port Macquarie, I suggest you try there instead, this place is way, way over priced, and the only good thing is seeing some animals that you can't see in Port Macquarie, I am glad I went though to see for myself as I was and still am a big fan of Steve, but this place is a joke, basically they are just trying to make money out of Steve and his kids, clothing, toys, cd's, all ranges of things to promote the kids, meaning they do not have a proper childhood. They play the daughter's cd all round the place, ridiculous, it's an absolute circus, I was so, so disappointed. As I said, I am glad I saw it with my own eyes, but I would never ever go again, I really wouldn't, sorry to disappoint.

Visited October 2011
10 Thank dave_monaghan
, Online Coordinator at Australia Zoo, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're disappointed that your visit was not up to scratch.

Unlike other large Australian zoo's who receive significant government subsidies, we're a privately run family business and rely on our visitors and dedicated fans. Everyone who visits Australia Zoo is directly contributing to our crucially important and successful conservation programs for Sumatran Tigers, Asian Elephants, Cheetah, Crocodiles, Tasmanian Devils and more. Your contribution also supports the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital which cares for over 8000 sick and injured animals each year.

Many of our visitors, like yourself, are fans of Steve and the Irwins. The large range of merchandise in our gift shops are a result of high demand, some of which is Irwin related. We do hope however that you enjoyed our 100 acres of naturally landscaped grounds and enclosures and our 1200 animals.

We appreciate your contribution and hope that enjoyed the rest of your Australian adventures.