“How NOT to treat elderly people”

Banjo's Bakery Cafe Beerwah
Ranked #5 of 8 Quick Bites in Beerwah
Description: Banjo's Bakery Café is a bakery café with a difference. We combine freshly baked breads, sweets, savouries, pies & pastries with quality espresso in a dine-in café environment. We really do have something for everyone!
Reviewed 20 March 2022

There is nothing worse than leaving a business to operate under ignorant rude and obnoxious young people who have no idea how to treat their customers. My father who is 85 came in and bought a coffee and roll today. He was treated like a second class citizen because he was old. His coffee was cold and the roll didn’t arrive and nor did the staff care if he got it. When his granddaughter intervened and repurchased the roll and requested a HOT cup of coffee she was also treated to rolling eyes and rudely asked to “Move we have other customers” and it was made abundantly clear
That it was imposition to make another coffee for him. What a disgusting way to treat anybody let alone elderly people, many of whom live in our area. Just as a side note my father has given his life to volunteering in the community and raised millions of dollars for the disabled and a life member of the RSL an honour only bestowed a select few. While you may like to employ staff for economic reasons saving the dollars does not save your integrity.

Date of visit: March 2022
2  Thank laurenbD718WZ

Reviewed 29 October 2021

Banjos Bakery is really a Cafe rather than a restaurant. However It has affordable savoury and sweet items to snack on, and wonderfully- you can still get a coffee from very early morning until after 4:30. In the afternoon. Friendly helpful staff too. Great spot worth going off the main road (Steve Irwin Way) enroute to Maleny or the Sunshine Coast to take a break
. Nice surrounding area to explore as well.

Date of visit: October 2021
Reviewed 4 October 2020

Stopped in for Brekky and was greeted by a beaming friendly smile (Amy) who provided us with great coffe and a delicious breakfast..... thanks girls it was an awesome start to our day 😊👍🏽

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank Pammyatthebeach
Reviewed 29 August 2020

Horrible experience at Banjos Beerwah early this morning. I frequent this location several times a week and the staff there are usually lovely. There was a new woman working and she was not friendly at all and was abrupt with her staff and the customers. There is more but I will contact Banjos head office directly to inform them. Very disappointed with our visit there!! Oh well, we do live in Beerwah and The Coffee Club is only just across the parking lot.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank marjoriew707
Reviewed 21 June 2020 via mobile

For the last few years I have been in the habit of buying a potato pie after doing my shopping. Because I am not keen on meat but love the flavour in the potato, I have an agreement with my dog that I will leave the meat for him. Despite the increasing price the amount of filling has been decreasing over time and my dog has been blaming me for the reduced meat he gets to eat! However, last weekend I had a potato pie that was really well-filled and delicious. My husband was with me and loved the meat mixture - so dog missed out completely. So good to see a full pie again. Banjos Beerwah also make great coffees and all their food is fresh and tempting.

Date of visit: June 2020