“Well worth a star”

L'Olivier Restaurant
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with great expectations and was not disappointed. Knowing that the restaurant had a Michelin star, I expected excellent food and service. I chose a menu that included an array of amuse bouches to start with. The presentation and the taste were exquisite. The sommelier did not flinch when I ordered a local rose and in fact described the three listed with knowledge and respect. The dishes were one adventure in taste after another however the desert was not my favorite. I wanted more than a medley of citrus flab its to finish such a great meal. More work in the pastry department would have left a better memory.
If I can say anything negative, my daughter had ants on her side of the table and we discovered a dozen of them nesting under her empty plate. I know this happens in an outdoor setting and I was not shocked. However, in a star restaurant I expected more of a reaction when we told the staff. A change of napkins and a sweep of the tablecloth would have been the reaction I expected.
All in all I would recommend this restaurant for its great food and stupendous view.

Salvatore T, Directeur général at L'Olivier Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

Thank you so much for your nice comments. We were very happy to welcome you and your family in our hotel starred restaurant "L'olivier", also, we are most glad that you have enjoyed our special dishes. All our appologies for the ants. You are most welcome in Porquerolles at "Le Mas du Langoustier" on your next trip.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I stayed at the hotel for three nights and the room was excellent with a great view. The highlight of the stay was dining at the restaurant where the service and food was superb.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

I had dinner at L'Olivier with work colleagues, and I have to say that our tasting Menu was delicious. Not only the food was great, also the service team was very knowledgeable, professional and friendly. Coming all the way from England it was absolutely worth. Would definitely recommended it.

Reviewed 10 November 2015

Lavish & glamorous, Mas de Langoustier is the place where you can imagine the golden age Hollywood diva on a date with a European aristocrat.
It's a beautiful place. However: food is pretty average (we had the tasting menu - sophisticated but nmot amazing), service impeccable.
Go there on a date if someone else is paying - it is painfully expensive.

Reviewed 22 July 2015

Very nice food: a perfect match between simple and fine cuisine. Staff is very friendly and attentive. Restaurant is also very child-friendly. Very romantic setting.