Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
misterconcierge
Albenga, Italy

Beautiful Provençal Resort

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Apr 2024via mobile
I went lo La Coquillade with some colleagues for a company incentive last week. It was superb! Located in the middle of peaceful vineyards, La Coquillade is a luxurious extensive resort with top notch facilities: amazing pools, beautiful and carefully manicured gardens, a magnificent spa…all the ingredients of the perfect holiday are present! Breakfast was rich both in quantity and in quality, staff were friendly and professional. Special mention for Rémi and Jade at the spa…a really pampering experience! Hope to go back with the family!
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Responded 7 May 2024
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your glowing review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your seminar at Coquillade Provence.
We look forward to welcoming you again, this time with your family, to share new moments of relaxation and pleasure.

We hope to see you soon!
  • Vio.com
      5.6 km from Coquillade Provence
      Fitness centre
      View more hotels in Gargas
      1,020 results
      All reviews junior suite italian restaurant main restaurant wine tasting les vignes fantastic hotel stayed for two nights wi fi steam room spa pools winery concierge luxury provence bike lavender
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 7 January 2024 via mobile

This was one of the most beautiful, welcoming, and luxurious places I have ever visited. Not only are the grounds, rooms, amenities, and restaurants fabulous, the staff provided the highest level of customer service and attention I have ever experienced. Antoine, Sam, and all the others went out of their way to ensure all of our needs were met. This included helping me with a minor medical situation. The countryside is beautiful, and we were able to rent e-bikes to explore, and take several hikes to nearby villages. My husband and I are planning to return as soon as possible to this enchanting property. Thank you to all of the staff for making such a memorable time for us!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Jany-Michel Fourré, Directeur général at Coquillade Provence, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2024

Thank you so much for your warm praise! We are delighted to have helped make your stay unforgettable. We look forward to welcoming you back. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2023

This was quite simply put ... the highlight of our trip to Provence. I labored and labored over the research to figure out how to maximize our 4 day stay in Provence and there were several luxury hotels we were considering. Our first choice was Arielles Gordes but that was simply ridiculous pricing ... we also looked at a few others until we read an article in a travel magazine proclaiming Coquillade France's best resort. After staying there (and visiting Arielles for lunch) we would agree that Coquillade is the best.

The staff could not have been nicer and after 4 days, we found ourselves on a first name basis with most of them. There was only one not so great staff member we encountered who was either very aloof or very shy but she was totally out of place with the rest who were wonderful. The valets, waiters, front desk staff and concierge were all first class.

Our room was upgraded to a wonderful semi-suite ... full of space. It had a jacuzzi and a steam shower. There was a sitting area, a sleeping area and an outdoor patio. Sadly, it rained two of our for nights and I will say that the resort and room is remarkably better in the sun with miles of walking trails, biking roads and a wonderful (yet crowded) pool.

We loved waking up for the complimentary full breakfast and everything was fresh and many ingredients such as honey, vegetables, fruit and herbs came from the hotel's own private garden. At night there were some mosquitos, so we were unable to sleep with the patio door opened ... but during the day, this was so great as there is Jasmine everywhere which perfumes the air. Our favorite moments were spent on the balcony sharing a bottle of wine.

The mini bar in the room was restocked daily with local beer, spring water and candy and snacks. There are these amazing oranges in syrup in the rooms ... the staff told us where to buy them in a nearby town and we took a big jar home with us. Housekeeping was great and our room was spotless and clean.

The resort is near many great towns ... of course there is the supposedly most picturesque town in France, Gordes. 30 minutes away by car we liked it but not as much as Rousillion which was our favorite town. Only 20 minutes away. The hotel gave us a few other towns to visit as well. While the hotel is really in the middle of nowhere ... and there are few restaurants less than a 20 minute drive, you truly feel lost in Provence here. If you want to be more in a traditional village, Gordes or some of the other villages may be more to your liking. However, unlike Spain, everything closes early in Provence and finding even a bar open past 10 p.m. on a weeknight, much less a restaurant, is quite a feat.

The only so-so part of our trip was the hotel's restaurants. The most fancy one was closed our entire trip ... the pizza near the pool was great ... the main restaurant and room service we didn't really care for. Honestly, we'd probably have been better off eating all of our meals off property.

Overall though, this place was so relaxing and after a few days, it really recharged us. We were one month before the lavender bloom but tiny purple buds were present on all the plants lining the pathways. The landscaping here is really amazing and it is exactly what we had hoped for when we dreamed of visiting Provence. We will return to this oasis. It was truly one of our favorite hotel stays.

Room tip: This is in a remote (relaxing) area ... so you need to be comfortable driving or biking to actual towns.
      Date of stay: May 2023
      • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      1  Thank LovinHotelLife2
      Reviewed 18 October 2023

The exterior of the buildings and the grounds are stunning and well maintained. The positives included the welcome amenities, twice daily housekeeping (which was excellent), and the complimentary mini bar. We booked a junior suite, but were given an upgrade to a larger room with an incredible view. The rooms are a bit outdated, but the furniture was well maintained with no stains, marks, etc. The mattress was the best I have ever slept on at a hotel- even better than the famous St. Regis bed. The breakfast was of very high quality and one of the best we have had. However, we had a big problem with service. While the check in was friendly, during the stay nobody inquired if we were enjoying the property or needed any assistance. This is not typical of a 5 star property. While we were given an upgrade to a larger room, the amenities in the room (outdoor hot tub, steam shower) did not work. When this was conveyed to reception, they attempted a fix, but it could not be fixed. This was irritating because we had planned a lounge day to use these amenities and then had to scramble to make alternate plans for the afternoon. When we expressed our disappointment at half of a wasted day, they basically said that we should be grateful for the larger room, they would not be moving us to another room, etc. While we were in fact grateful for the larger space (and never asked or insinuated to be moved) we would have much rather enjoyed our original smaller room than having to stare at amenities touted at check in but that ultimately didn't work. It left the impression 1.) that the property was not well maintained, and 2.) that we may have been given an upgrade because work was being done on our original room (email had been sent about wifi possibly not working due to maintenance, etc.). There were other issues- such as the AC in the main living area not working, and ants in the living room, that we didn't even mention as they were minor. I am in the service industry, and even a small gesture, like leaving a bottle of wine or inviting us for a drink in the bar, would have been sufficient to smooth it over. This also carried over to issues with service at breakfast and the bar. I was in France celebrating my birthday. I did not inform the hotel about this in advance, but it was quite clear when I presented my passport that my birthday was the following day. I found it odd that staff would not be trained to check these dates as guests are often traveling to celebrate an occasion. On our first morning, which was my actual birthday, we arrived at breakfast and were given a table, but then promptly ignored by the server while he either tended to the guests who arrived before us, or was at the computer. This went on for 15 minutes, where we sat there with no drinks, no guidance on the buffet, and no other servers in sight. I eventually saw someone else exit the kitchen and asked them for help. When I inquired as to the allergy friendly options on the buffet, this second server said "fruit." This was totally unhelpful and non responsive. This is NOT 5 star service, and birthday or not, this was unacceptable. We also stopped by the bar for a drink. When you charge 30 euro for a spritz, which is more than the Rosewood Hotel de Crillon in Paris, it is to be expected that the guest is offered a glass of water. None was offered, so I requested one and never received it. Unfortunately it is the little things that end up having the most impact. Throughout our stay in Provence, everyone else that we encountered were gracious and welcoming. One of these people, the owner of a winery, saved the day after the negative experience regarding the broken amenities, and our interactions with him are one of our fondest memories from the trip. While the property is beautiful, with many many positives, we will never return.

Reviewed 21 September 2023

We stayed at La Coquillade for 2 nights as part of a Backroads cycling trip and then stayed an additional night on our own. The property is beautiful. Our room was a suite with a bedroom and a separate living room and a lovely terrace with spectacular views of the Luberon Valley. We had 2 dinners at the hotel - both were good but not special. The breakfasts, however, were outstanding! The pool is beautiful. The concierge, Antoine, was very helpful. The enormity of the property disallows from it feeling like a super special place.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Reviewed 25 August 2023

We (my wife and I) stayed at Coquillade from the 8th until the 15th of August 2023. This was our second stay here after many years.

Given the experience of our stay it is hard for me to remain objective, nevertheless I will try to be neutral, as I always aim to be when writing a review.

First of all, I’ll address the negative (to put it mildly) experience with our hotel room.

Upon arrival, we noticed that the keys to our room didn’t work and we couldn’t get in. Apparently the magnetic keys hadn’t been activated. At secont try: no result. We were let into our room by hotel staff and were asked to pick up our keys at the reception the next morning. As the magnetic keycard is also needed for the lights in the room, I had to ask for a solution. From the very first time I suggested to the receptionist that I suspect there’s just been a mix-up between the keys and our room number, seeing as the master key she eventually used to let us in worked just fine, meaning that there was no problem with the lock itself. I am not being taken seriously and neither is there any means of apology, only a strange chuckle that rubs me the wrong way. Later the next day, another staff member informs me that they found the issue, being a mix-up between the keys and our room number.

Our stay was in ‘Charming Room’ 29. A room in the new wing of the hotel. With a terrace but no view. I wouldn’t therefore recommend these rooms. Another negative is that there’s very little light in the bathroom and that the lighting turns on automatically when someone uses the bathroom at night. Because of the glass door that separates the bathroom from the rest, this would always cause us to wake up whenever one of us used the bathroom. On Thursday the 10th, after two very uncomfortable nights with little sleep due to the heat, I contacted reception to ask whether they could send someone over to check on the aircon (‘le clim’) as it didn’t seem to be working. A technician by trade myself, I provided some information on what seemed to be the problem. I felt like I wasn’t even being listened to, or else I was just not understood. The feedback after this ‘intervention’: zero. Problem solved? Nope. This made me question as to whether I was the problem, so I decided to wait a bit longer.
      On Sunday morning, after another sweaty night, I called again. I’m being told that there’s been a technician on Thursday. I tell them I find it embarrassing that I’m not getting any answers and that the aircon still doesn’t function. This time I’m being a bit more assertive as my patience is running out. I’m told they will send over another technician. No apologies are made.
      When we return to the room later in the afternoon: no feedback and the aircon still isn’t working. I call reception for the third time and am told that they don’t have any feedback for me, that they will inquire about it. No empathy shown. This time I don’t hold back on showing my frustration and I demand they send yet another technician, but this time I’ll make sure I’m there too to provide information. I also ask to be given another room if it isn’t fixed this time. This ensues: a very friendly technician shows up and concludes that the aircon is effectively broken and that he’ll need a colleague to fix it. Someone from reception (always nameless) calls me to say that the aircon cannot be immediately fixed as a spare part needs to be ordered. After ‘consulting with the manager’ I’m offered a different room and I even get an apology! After discussing with my wife, we decide not to move after all because it would mean packing up and moving just two days before we have to leave again as our holiday nears its end.

On Tuesday morning, the morning of our departure, I ask reception about a late check-out. I get the standard response that this is unfortunately impossible because of new customers arriving that day. That’s when I really snapped. My interpretation was that it was well known before our arrival that the aircon didn’t work but that they hoped that I was a nitwit who would just acquiesce. And that I was baffled that they would put other customers in the room without any qualms. The receptionist clearly had no response to this and I was told I would get a room call on the matter. During said call, very friendly and for the first time with some signs of empathy, I was told that it wasn’t a problem at all for us to have a late checkout, and that we could contact them in case there was another issue. During the length of our stay as well as during final payment, management stayed conveniently out of sight. A visibly embarrassed receptionist offered us a 250€ discount to make up for the inconvenience of not having had any aircon. What a joke. Especially since no member of management dared show their face. It was though very obvious that everybody at the desk was well aware of the situation.

And now I’ll list the positives of Coquillade, with some difficulty I must admit.

The siting of the hotel is sublime. Just like its facilities and the beautiful gardens. Most of the staff members are very friendly. I would recommend staying in one of the authentic rooms in town as they are a lot nicer and more charming than the new rooms. Our room this time around was therefore a bit disappointing, especially because of the lookout onto a little side street, so no view and neither was there an umbrella hence rendering the balcony a bit useless.
      We dined at the ‘Les Vignes’ restaurant a few times. It is very nicely embedded in the environment and for this I would recommend it.

Areas for improvement:
      - I won’t elaborate on the aircon anymore.
      - The lighting in the bathroom is utterly insufficient.
      - The automatic lighting in the dressing and the toilet is bothersome.
      - An umbrella or other type of sun protection on the balcony is a necessity, otherwise it is useless.
      - Restaurant ‘Les Vignes’: We dined here 3 times. The stress levels in and around the kitchen are palpable. The first time this resulted in quite a disappointment: I ordered the chicken and got an overcooked (dry) piece with a side of dry lettuce. No sauce, no dressing. Other than that, I had to wait half an hour for my aperitif glass of wine. It came through after having asked for it 3 times. We had the oysters twice. The first time they were fresh as can be and relatively small. The second time they were bigger but definitely not fresh. Advice: Oysters are a delicate product and either they are fresh or you don’t serve them at all. Other than that the food is nice and fresh, the bread included. It’s a pity that the menu lacks all creativity/originality. The dishes, though nice, are standard and for that they are quite pricey. The setting makes up for a lot, as does the wine menu.
      - According to the housekeeper it was impossible to make a reservation at restaurant l’Outsider in Gordes for the next 3 weeks. When I called there myself, making a reservation wasn’t a problem and we ended up going there twice. Strange.

Room tip: Ask for a room in the old part of the village and check if there is a view or not.
      Date of stay: August 2023