All reviews honesty bar ribs swimming pool double bed self catering gerrit tents hiking adventure africa sa venue
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Flippen awesome place!!
Green grEen lush grass, hammocks, tents!!!
Finger licking good ribs for supper and freshly picked figs from the tree for a morning snack.
My husband comes here often on his bike and tried to explain the beauty but until i saw it for myself.
Cant wait to go back.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I thoroughly recommend this place. Gerrit and his team were warm and welcoming, and provided detailed hiking advice for all levels and lengths of hikes. We loved the honesty bar system too. Help yourself and pay later! The dinners were straightforward, basically five choices of meat, chips and salad, but the quality was amazing, and the portion size of the meat was staggering. I couldn’t finish the ribs, and I have a hearty appetite!! Vegetarians would struggle here, but that seems to be the case in many places in SA.

Tents were roomy and comfortable. TIP - if a heatwave hits, they can get a bit hot, so I recommend bringing a small battery powered fan to hang from the ceiling.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gerrit K, Owner at Cederberg Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Thanks for the review. Africa is hot in summer.
We do cater for Vegetarians and Vegans , they just have to ask.
Hope to see you again for another rib on the RIB-RUN.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

So - after a trip to the Cederberg with a friend of mine, I vowed to return with my wife. Which we duly did. This time, we took a tent with a double bed. What a pleasure it was!

Again, the registration was a pleasure with Gerrit always willing and able to help. The meals were excellent and well-priced and the stay was a memorable one. We will definitely be back and I can recommend Oasis.

It feels more like a family visit than a stay-over.

Room tip: If you choose one of the tents and plan to stay over on a Saturday night, choose one as far from the main building as possible.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gerrit K, Owner at Cederberg Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Hi
It is our pleasure to make our family bigger. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Going to Cederberg to get lost in the wilderness and the stars is one thing, but another thing is to be well surrounded in a place that you can almost call home so much it is warm inside. Then your trip's gonna be more amazing than the one you have expected. This is the reason why I strongly recommend the Oasis Backpacker hostel

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi
I am glad that you felt at home, welcome to the family.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

We stayed over for two nights with our motorcycles, which was awesome. Gerrit and his staff are doing a sterling job. The camp site is neat and clean with luscious lawns. The food is of outstanding quality. They even have all the tools for fixing a flat tyre!

Gerrit also gave tips of things to see. His website, in fact, has four options for routes by motorbike. Well done! We will definitely be back.

Room tip: They are all awesome. Foxtrot is better, because it is further away from the diner, which was a bit noisy.
Date of stay: April 2017