“Very good food, very friendly service”
Review of Pappa & Ciccia - CLOSED

Pappa & Ciccia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The restaurant is small, simple and clean with maybe 10 free standing tables in the front and the order counter/pizza bar in the back. The star of the show is not the atmosphere, it is the food.

I had two experiences with this restaurant. The first time I ordered two of their largest prosciutto/mushroom pizzas and 4 orders of spinach raviolis (in one pan) to go. I took them to a vendor's office for their employees' lunch. Nearly everyone asked me where I got the pizza. They loved the taste and so did I.

My second experience was lunch in the restaurant with a colleague the next day. The same person took care of me both days, Alex. We both had a bowl of the home made minestrone soup which was simple and light. My friend had the gnocchi and I had the osso bucco raviolis both of which were very good, especially the sauces.

Alex told us that they have a fine dining restaurant at the beach with nicer surroundings. I rarely get down to the beach when in Miami and am completely satisfied to eat someplace with very good quality food. This is a great place you should try if in the Doral area.

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

The spaghetti had a wonderful red sauce with cheese in it and served with fresh basil. It was perfectly cooked and had the best flavor - like being in Italy. We were surprised to find Vitello Tonata which is thinly sliced veal covered with a tuna and mayo "paste" and sprinkled with capers. It was delicious but would be better if made with less mayo. We would definitely return and recommend to others.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

When we arrived at the restaurant we expected an ordinary chain pizza & pasta experience. But suprisingly it was excellent authentic Italian food with exceptional service. I would definitely come again.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Honestly, Its the best Italian food youll ever find!!!! Great service, too. I just LOVE everything about this place and the pizza is excellet.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Let me tell you, it's very difficult to find good pizza in Miami. This pizza is excellent! Crust, cheese and toppings are PERFECT! I thought I was walking the streets of Rome, again! I will definitely visit again and try the other items on the menu. Luckily when I visited, it was not very busy, but is a very popular spot in Doral. Visit, you will not be disappointed.