All reviews room was clean home away from home doral area would stay here again business trip dolphin mall chabely miami refrigerator laundry hurricane
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two days. I will like to thank Chabely the receptionist for a warm and wonderful stay!! I love how family oriented of a hotel this is. Has a great pool next to the airport and Shutters to pick you up from and out of airport.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Thanks for the awesome feedback. We are thrilled to know all went great during your stay and that you were satisfied with all that we have to offer. It was a pleasure serving you at Extended Stay America, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

1st floor room, reservation was lost, glad I checked before I left, no ice available in hotel (ice trays in room were empty) so I had to drive about half a mile to a gas station, no clothes hangers unless you ask for them, laminate on counter top was peeled off, kitchen water tap wobbly and almost ready to fall off. The staff here are very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are kind of beat up and the parking lot is torn up with sand all over it from trenching which tracks in the rooms. This is a working guys hotel. Lots of industrial vehicles in the parking lot. NOBODY is up late because it is full of working folks.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you for choosing us for your accommodation needs. We agree with you that our facilities and hotel are in need of updating. We are in the process of finalizing the details of our upcoming renovation. In the meantime, we will continue to do an excellent job in keeping everything clean and fresh for all our guests. We hope you will see our progress towards a fresh new look the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

A few months ago I stayed at the Extended Stay America on NW 21st and had a great stay so I was pretty confident about what to expect from their sister hotel on NW 33rd St. Boy was I wrong!

Arrived later than expected Thursday evening at around 10.30pm to find the lobby door locked despite the sign saying the door would not be locked after 11pm. Minor detail. Checked in and the lady on the front desk went through the drill... utensils available, housekeeping once per week etc etc. All fine so far.

Drive round the back of the hotel to find my room. Was okay. As usual there were insufficient hangers (3) and everything was a bit shabby but otherwise okay... apart from the “interesting” collection of chewing gum stuck under the rim of the bedside table!

Early start Friday so stopped in at the grab and go breakfast to find that it had been grabbed and gone! Only a couple of muffins and some cereal bars left even though it was 6.45am!

The hotel is very much a “contractors” stay and is pretty much full all the time of men in hi-viz gear and I guess they’re not too fussy about how the room looks but what bugs me is that the rooms all look out onto the parking lot and people walk past at all hours so you can’t leave the curtains open unless you want to feel like an exhibit at the zoo - here’s an idea, how about net curtains people - privacy AND daylight. What a good idea!!

Oh and another thing, it’s now day 10 of my stay and Housekeeping have been nowhere near my room. I’m not fussy, housekeeping once per week I can deal with but no housekeeping at all??? Shame on you - that’s just poor management.

Final straw came tonight when the toilet backed up. Called the lady on the desk who could possibly have been less interested but I doubt it. She informed me maintenance was “not there but I can leave a note and if you want to come to the front desk I can give you a thing to unblock it”. Lovely. I get to do my own plumbing!

I went to collect the plunger and asked the lady what day housekeeping would be cleaning my room. Oh they come Monday she said (why does that sound so much like one of those “the check’s in the mail” fibs?!?). I asked why they hadn’t been the previous Monday and why I’d had to wait? They’ll come tomorrow I’ll leave them a note. Dejected I took the plunger and left.

Do yourself a favour, if you’re looking for a cheap hotel in Miami and you’re not a construction worker in hi-viz gear, stay somewhere else.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're sorry you experienced so many difficulties during your stay with us and please accept our sincerest apology for what transpired. Our respective team members are taking steps to ensure future guests do not encounter the same issues. We truly hope you will give us another chance to prove that we are committed to providing outstanding service. Thanks once more, and we look forward to having you visit again so we can provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

This hotel has all the conditions I need in Miami, good location, excellent facilities, attentive and respectful staff, comfortable and neat rooms, it is the best place I have stayed in Miami. The previous one is comfortable and with the advantage of one can cook his own food since it is equipped with everything related to a kitchen

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Thanks for the awesome feedback. We are thrilled to know all went great during your stay and that you were satisfied with all that we have to offer. It was a pleasure hosting you at Extended Stay America, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

I’m not a fan of the business model of this hotel.
No utensils unless you go get them or have the front desk clerk bring them and then what you get is inadequate.
No soap to wash the dishes.
No housekeeping even though three days cost over $500.
No washcloth.
Dirty carpet.
My extended stay ended after three days. I only lasted that long because I had to pay in advance.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Jeffrey, we are sorry you were unhappy with our hotel policy. Being an Extended stay property, our services are designed for long-term guests to respect their privacy and to offer minimal intrusion to their home like stay. To ensure cleanliness of kitchenware upon check-in, brand standards require us to make these items available at the front desk rather than leaving them in the suites. Your feedback in regard to cleanliness will be shared with our housekeeping team. We hope you consider staying with us again soon!