All reviews the holiday inn basketball court social hour front desk free breakfast laundry room breakfast and dinner small issue doral area sized bed two nights miami international airport location is great nice hotel stay there again fresh fruit great room
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

My son and a friend stayed there while they played the Doral Publix Golf Tournament in december. Just a few blocks away, you can even walk there. Good room, with large fridge, small stove and dishwasher. Maybe not good for a great meal, but good enough for some prepareation. Plenty of restaurants around and close to the freeway and airport

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2018

This is a nice place where everyone who works here makes you feel like you're at home. Fresh hot breakfasts and social hour three days a week are nice after a long day. It's close to a few places and especially Doral Central Park. I cannot tell you enough how much the ladies who run the food area are very accommodating and welcoming. This place is great. Room is comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: get a suite with a balcony
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
luisanaf2013, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Good Morning, I hope all is well on this Friday morning. Thank you so much for your comment. It really gives us great satisfaction knowing that our guest's expectations are exceeded. Have a wonderful day. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Our stay at Staybridge suites doral was a pleasure if it is for the Hotel, from the shuttle pick up at Miami International Airport through our 7 days stay. Our driver Danilo was so nice he greeted us as if we were people he were already familiar with for a long time. And when we arrived at the hotel, Sixto at the front desk was very friendly and helpful giving us useful tips during our stay. The other people who were wonderful are the cooks. Those ladies strive to make breakfast and social events tasty and they are genuinely nice.
As for the room, we had booked a studio suite with one queen bed. Information on hotels.com is really accurate except that they do not display pictures of that suite type. Also, overall, the functional difference with the other suites is that you don’t find the little eating table they show on their pictures and you don’t have the DVD-player as advertised on the hotels.com website. Nonetheless, it remains a really good choice and the amenities i side the room, and especially the really fully equipped kitchenette make you feel absolutely more comfortable than you would without them.

The cons I would highlight is that the shuttle should be available 24 hours just as it is for the holiday inn that is on the same property, and also, what stroke me when I first arrived on our floor is the colors. People usually come to hotels for vacation. Vacation is a happy moment. So, at first, the brown colors of the hotels do not make you feel you are on vacation. Though this passes and you get over it, I would have preferred brighter colors. Finally, while the food is good and tasty, it is better to vary the menu from day to day.

Overall, it is a nice hotel that strives to make guests comfortable, and gathering them in the morning for breafast and in the evening for the happy hour has the unrivaled benefit of making the guests familiar with each other, so you know who is sharing the hotel with you and you would automatically recognize who’s not.

Would really recommend Staybridge suites doral for a nice stay. Thank you!

Room Tip: Quiet room, tasy good breakfast, social, happy hour
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Good Morning, I hope all is well on this Friday morning. Thank you so much for your comment. We strive to make our guests feel as comfortable and welcomed as if they were at home. I apologize for the inconvenient of your room, we will definitely recommend booking to put up pictures of our suites. once again thank you so much and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I have previously stayed at this hotel multiple times, including a two month stay in 2007, however I will not be returning after a very disappointing recent stay.

My room was very dirty with an overall musty smell. The furniture was all a dark brown color that looked, smelled and felt like it had not been washed in a long time.

There was also a very strong moldy cheese smell in the elevators and lobby/dining room area that was gag reflex-inducing.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Hi MiamiAndy7,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is our goal to always exceed our guest’s expectations and I’m very sorry to see that was not the case with you. I am sorry that the room you were placed in was not up to the standards that you would expect, particularly with the overall cleanliness and furniture condition. Your comments regarding the room and smell of the hotel areas have been taken on board and referred to the maintenance and housekeeping department for review and improvements.

Again, thank you for making us aware by sharing your feedback. This allows us to attain an understanding of any shortcomings we may encounter and address them appropriately. Our team hopes you will consider giving us another chance to show you the outstanding accommodation and service that we typically provide.

Best

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

The first thing that gave a bad impression is that it was hard to find since it is behind two other buildings and there is no visible signage , but the address gives the idea it is right off the street. I had to call to get directions. I like that there is a large refrigerator with freezer, cooktop, dish washer and a few plates, cups and other utensils. This is great for long stays and if you have kids with you. I didn't like that there was an adjoining room and there was only a basic lock between the doors. I ended up wedging the desk chair under the desk and in front of that door. There really needs to be more locking mechanisms so that people feel safe, especially women traveling alone. Another really annoying thing is that every time you turn on the television, you have to use another remote and change the input in order to watch TV. The bed was supposed to be a queen, but I am sure they shorted me on the width. The size of the room was a good size and I loved the couch and seating area. The room was clean and each day, they tidied up and cleaned everything nicely. The bathroom was clean, but the shower head gave water out in between massage and spray...probably needs to be replaced. There were 2 thermostats and that was confusing. Just take the old one off the wall and put a nice picture up. I love that they have free breakfast and a dinner 3 nights during the week. There was a nice selection of items. I did notice that some food items were out longer than they should and they didn't replace with fresh items, like fruit and sliced veggies. If a banana is 80% brown, you probably shouldn't have it out as fresh fruit. It could have been because there appeared to be FEMA and maybe utility or insurance workers there working the hurricane damaged areas. Although there were some negatives, I would stay here again because of the breakfast and dinner and the kitchenette. If they fixed some small things, I would give them a better rating. The staff was very friendly and I didn't notice the cleaning crew knocking on doors at 8 waking people up, like some hotels do. Overall good stay and no drama.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Hello okcountrygirl,

Thank you for choosing the StayBridge Suites Miami Doral Area for your lodging needs. I am glad to see that you liked the size of the suite, cleanliness and kitchenette in your suite. On the other hand, I am sorry for the confusion if there were 2 thermostats in your suite and have issues regarding the shower. Your comments will enable us to work harder in exceeding your expectations. I will share your comments with our management to see what we can enhance more to serve our guests better.

I hope to see you again on your next trip to the area. Again, thank you for taking the time to send us a feedback.

Kind Regards,