“Epic "Pan Con Lechón"”

Price range: USD 0 - USD 40
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: One word describes each experience at La Esquina del Lechón: wow! As a Miami original, we proudly bring Doral Latin-Caribbean cuisine that keeps your taste buds happy. With high-quality ingredients, we’re constantly innovating and creating new spins on traditional recipes for both dining in and catering. Enjoy our famous Pan con Lechón on house-baked bread, dig into a plate of Punta Trasera Estilo Venezolano, or make your next event special with un Puerco Entero Asado. Finish it all off with un cortadito, and you’ve really got a meal to remember. We truly have something for everyone in the family!
Reviewed 26 August 2018

I drove by this restaurants for years not thinking anything of it. Yesterday a business associate invited me to lunch and we ended up in La Esquina del Lechón (translates to the Roasted Pork Corner). What a revelation - nicely appointed, clean, and efficiently run dining room.

Parking is a pain, which is a good sign. The place was packed - as most well run Cuban restaurants, they have very efficient service, so the wait for a table, if any, is rather short. Do stick around though - as the name implies, Lechón or pork is the specialty, but they have a rather extensive Cuban cuisine menu, including sandwiches.

I opted for the regular sized Pan con Lechón, or shredded pork with bread and onions, and a side of mariquitas (plantain chips). I was blown away - the bread (a soft version of the hard crusted Cuban bread) was excellent and the meat perfectly seasoned and the appropriate amount. They do have a large version which is basically twice the size of the regular - I am 6Ft and 180lbs - I could hardly finish the reg size.

If you find yourself in West Miami / Doral / Medley - this is your spot for lunch.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Pork sandwich without bread for me as I am gluten intolerant. Add some tostones and chicharrón and it is awesome.

Date of visit: June 2018
Victor A, Owner at La Esquina del Lechon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Glad you found something that you enjoyed and also worked with your diet! The pork sandwich is a delicious choice, and the tostones and chicharrón are great additions. We appreciate your support and hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

This is one of my favorites in Miami. The food is so good you don't wanna stop eating. The best roasted pork any time of the year. Forget about new year's celebrations. Here you can celebrate like a true Cuban any time of the year.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank CubanHazeleyes
Victor A, Owner at La Esquina del Lechon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Adriana, thanks so much! We are thrilled to be one of your favorite places in Miami. We're glad you enjoyed the roasted pork and hope you'll be back our way again sometime soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Looking for good options for Mother's Day I remembered this restaurant that I've eaten from before. The last time it was great and this time it didn't disappoint. The restaurant hold about 100 people and when I was there it was constantly full, a good sign that it is good.

Ended up ordering a tray of vaca frita to go. They have a catering menu that you can order from as well if you have a large gathering. The tray supposedly feeds 10 people but it will feed more than that. We had about 12 and left overs for another 2 meals. The meat was really good. Make sure if you order to ask for extra limes and onions to put on top. The service was good and the food was hot. So far I haven't had I meal here that I didn't like. Give it a try!

Date of visit: April 2018
Victor A, Owner at La Esquina del Lechon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Michael, we're glad you thought of us! It was great to have you back, and it's even better to hear this visit did not disappoint. We're glad you've enjoyed every experience with us so far, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon to see what we can do to earn that last star!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The Churrasco from the grill is very good; juicy and full of flavor. The always serve the beer at the right temp.
The empanadas, and soups are great.

We also enjoyed the pork ribs with fries.

A big applause!

Date of visit: March 2018
Victor A, Owner at La Esquina del Lechon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Carlos, thanks so much! We're happy you're always impressed with everything about your visit from the perfect beer to the pork ribs. We appreciate your continued support and can't wait to see you again soon!

La Esquina Del Lechon Management Team

Been to La Esquina del Lechon? Share your experiences!