“Nice place”
Review of Bulla Gastrobar

Bulla Gastrobar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bulla Gastrobar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 299 Restaurants in Doral
Price range: USD 0 - USD 30
Description: Bulla (boo-ya), which is slang for chatter and what people are talking about, is devoted to delight you by serving your favorite Spanish dishes such as "Patatas Bravas," "Huevos Bulla," "Buñuelos de Bacalao," and other tapas, as well as tantalizing daily specials from our kitchen to bed shared amongst friends. We select only the finest and freshest ingredients, accented in our authentic, savory cuisine. Our ambiance is created to stir the senses and stimulate your appetite. We invite you to join us to indulge in a celebration of good taste!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Located in the new Downtown Doral, this place is hopping. Nice to see some choice and good nightlife in the neighborhood.

Elizabeth C, Analysis Associate at Bulla Gastrobar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We will love to see you back soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The food was amazingly good and the service this time around was FANTASTIC!!!! We even had the honor of having the chef come by our table and the Manager, which turns out to be the same one at Pisco & Nasca! Everyone was amazing and our server was great! Super sweet and attentive. If I'm not mistaken, her name is Sol! All I can say is AMAZING! I recommended it to a friend and she said it was a little loud. What? It was people sharing and having a great time. It's not loud, just great for get together in a great atmosphere! You can eat inside or outside. It's up to you, we ate inside. The only recommendation I have is that if you are short, request to sit at a table. Our feet were dangling but we were so happy we didn't change tables, because we would have lucked out of the amazing service we received. It was so good, that my sister and my brother in law went back the next day with his son and his wife! Tomorrow is Easter and I'm making reservations to go there again. Like I said, we all loved it! It's tapas of varied types, just order several if you are a large group. All I have to say is ask for Sol!

Elizabeth C, Analysis Associate at Bulla Gastrobar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your detailed review. We appreciate very much your preference. We will let Sol know about your comments and thank you for pointing out her great service.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I reserved this restaurant to celebrate my boyfriend's 40th birthday; we were a party of only 6, but I thought I'd reserve a few days in advance. I contacted one of the sales managers for the possibility to have a preset menu, she was quite nice, but she only took my order over the phone for what I wanted as I had already seen it online; then she sent me all the information and credit card authorisation form so I could pay in advance and I didn't have to deal with it at the time of the celebration. I must say, she was quite accommodating and nice, she allowed me to drop off balloons and hats a few hours earlier which I appreciated it immensely as this was a bit of a surprise for my boyfriend.
When I dropped the balloons and hats off, I had to put them myself at the table, which was not ready yet, but I understand that, no help whatsoever from the staff there.
I had order two cocktail reception (24 pieces in total), paella and the beef ribs, plus a wine a champagne bottle. I didn't pay for the drinks specials they have as they were quite expensive per person.
When I got there with my boyfriend, we were informed there was a happy hour going on, had I known that, I'd have ordered and paid for drinks for everyone and I would have set the reservation a little earlier. When we were all sat, our waitress Alejandra (super sweet!) brought us one individual order of what I had ordered a few days ago. I thought she was going to start bringing them in in batches, but when I asked, she called me apart and she realised she hadn't understood the request, so it was rushed to us; it was nice, but you could tell it was rushed and so small for the 6 of us, 24 pieces were absolutely not enough for the 6 of us, both of the appetizers.
Paella came, it looked poor, but it tasted ok, I was told these two main dishes would be good for the 6 of us, the paella is small, even though it's advertised for a family platter, it's enough for two, for three if you intend to eat only a little bit. As I mentioned, Alejandra was a sweetheart, but the service was disorganised and careless, we could have ordered more but it would have taken them ages. Even though I had ordered these items with days in advance, we had to wait quite long between plates and considering this was definitely not enough for all of us, it made me feel quite embarrassed.
I won't tell people not to go there, the restaurant is nice, staff are friendly, food is ok, it's moderately priced, but I won't be back as my experience here was poor.

Paulina,
Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know. We would like to have the opportunity to contact you and discuss a little bit more about your event, it is thanks to guests like you that take the time to provide your feedback that we can modify what is needed and improve for you.
We hope that you are willing to share with us your contact information (email address and telephone number) our Managing Partner will contact you to further discuss.
Please accept our most sincere apologies, we look forward to your communication and hope to be able to show you the real Bulla experience.
Respectfully,
Elizabeth Canchola
ecanchola@centurionrestaurantgroup.com

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We went there for the first time and will visit again. The interior is modern and open. The restaurant was very crowded causing it to become much too noisy. The service was friendly and efficient. First we had some tapas which all were very nice. After that we had paella, which was good, but could be better. It was too greasy for our taste and it lacked a variety in seafood and no chicken. Still we enjoyed our visit and meal.

Elizabeth C, Analysis Associate at Bulla Gastrobar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

We appreciate very much your review. Thank you for your feedback on our Paella. We will love to see you back soon. Have a beautiful day!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Nice environment but with below average food and service. Portions are small but prices aren’t. I ordered a chicken breast with steamed rice and rice was totally dry. The dessert, Copa Bulla, took more than 10 minutes to come and fruit in it did not taste well. Could not ask for a expresso since the bill came before I had the chance.

Elizabeth C, Analysis Associate at Bulla Gastrobar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback Marcos. We are saddened to read that our food was not to your expectations. We would love to have the opportunity to improve for you, if you are so kind to share with us your email address and telephone number, our Managing Partner will be happy to contact you. We hope you are willing to give us the opportunity to improve.
Respectfully,
Elizabeth Canchola
ecanchola@centurionrestaurantgroup.com

Been to Bulla Gastrobar? Share your experiences!