All reviewsrio dulcepanga dropscondo unita bit confusinggated communityocean viewgreat triphowler monkeyscoloradosdevelopmentnicahousewavesparkersurferslocalsbeaches
Reviewed 12 February 2018

My wife and I had a great trip to Nica. We stayed in unit A-6 and did the food plan. Anna Rosa was a super cook-Kevin top notch concierge-Fernando was our driver to and from the airport. I would still be trying to find my way if I did the driving. NSR was very easy to work with. Renting a golf cart is a must/

Room Tip: ask for ground floor if available
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank George G
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Very interesting place. Hacienda iguana is a private condominium with lots to be sold, apartment, houses, some local structrure such as markets and restaurants. It is a safe place to visit in this new "in development" country such as Nicaragua. Thanks to NSR manager (Parker) for the very good reception and support.
Waves are good, but is getting too crowded, and agressive crowded. I see some "locals" snaking tourist surfers all the time. If keeps growing, probably it won´t be a pleasant surf spot as used to be.
As beaches, are nice. But Brazil keeps unbeatable.
I stayed at Casa Cantamar. Very good for 6 people.

Room Tip: Casa Cantamar is located in about the middle of the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Everytime I go visit my friends up at Hacienda Iguana, I get an epic wave or amazing sunset! Colorados and Panga drops at two very different waves even if they are so close to one another! If you have a big group of people to rent a big house, you can really live it up for pretty cheap!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I booked the Hacienda Iguana through Hotels.com. On arriving at the resort, we were waived through the security gate. From there we kept driving our rental car looking for the 'place' to check-in and get a key to our golf course view condo. Not finding anything, we ended up at the end of the road at the Hacienda Iguana beach restaurant. We found a helpful woman who also spoke English. She was either the manager or owner or both. She had no clue where we should go but she made a few calls and she told us we needed to drive back towards the golf course. Not one of the streets in this resort has a sign with a name. I did not see one sign that gave the names or unit numbers for the numerous condos and houses either. This includes those near the beach, the golf course and in between. Some time later after circling back a few times we finally saw a young man who only spoke Spanish that was waving a key. We finally got our unit. The unit was quite nice. Our unit was supposed to have wi-fi but there was no one to ask or no instruction sheet at the condo to tell us the wi-fi password however. Upon checking out, we just left our key in the door as that seemed to be our only option. We did not play but the golf course holes that we saw looked very nice. Another shocking revelation: The holes were not numbered either. I will say the fruit smoothies at the beach restaurant were all fruit and the best I have ever had. All real frozen fruit with no added ice. The smoothies were worth the trip.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We rented a 2/2 for two weeks via Hacienda Iguanas company and our clothes washer didn't work we informed Carlos on a Sunday and today is Friday and still no luck. We're here on a mission trip with no clean clothes :/

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends