All reviews rio dulce panga drops a bit confusing condo unit gated community ocean view howler monkeys great trip colorados development house nica waves parker surfers locals beaches
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Everytime I go visit my friends up at Hacienda Iguana, I get an epic wave or amazing sunset! Colorados and Panga drops at two very different waves even if they are so close to one another! If you have a big group of people to rent a big house, you can really live it up for pretty cheap!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I booked the Hacienda Iguana through Hotels.com. On arriving at the resort, we were waived through the security gate. From there we kept driving our rental car looking for the 'place' to check-in and get a key to our golf course view condo. Not finding anything, we ended up at the end of the road at the Hacienda Iguana beach restaurant. We found a helpful woman who also spoke English. She was either the manager or owner or both. She had no clue where we should go but she made a few calls and she told us we needed to drive back towards the golf course. Not one of the streets in this resort has a sign with a name. I did not see one sign that gave the names or unit numbers for the numerous condos and houses either. This includes those near the beach, the golf course and in between. Some time later after circling back a few times we finally saw a young man who only spoke Spanish that was waving a key. We finally got our unit. The unit was quite nice. Our unit was supposed to have wi-fi but there was no one to ask or no instruction sheet at the condo to tell us the wi-fi password however. Upon checking out, we just left our key in the door as that seemed to be our only option. We did not play but the golf course holes that we saw looked very nice. Another shocking revelation: The holes were not numbered either. I will say the fruit smoothies at the beach restaurant were all fruit and the best I have ever had. All real frozen fruit with no added ice. The smoothies were worth the trip.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We rented a 2/2 for two weeks via Hacienda Iguanas company and our clothes washer didn't work we informed Carlos on a Sunday and today is Friday and still no luck. We're here on a mission trip with no clean clothes :/

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful resort in a remote location, so it is important to get the right condo unit. First of all, this place is a bit confusing. These are condos for rent and offer differing amenities. We booked five families and expected to be close together, but we were divided two kilometers apart. I had booked ocean view and when we got there, we were told that ocean view is by the golf course and oceanfront was by the ocean. Which is why we were two kilometers apart. I was so sad, because I of course wanted to be near the beach. Actually we were way better off. We had a gorgeous view and we were located near the beach bar and restaurant. We were in the Villas Rio Dulce. Also the condos in Rio Dulce are newer and quite spacious. Since these are condos, even in the same building there are differences. We were in Villa 2, but Villa 3 had nicer furniture and they got beach towels. We did not. The beach itself is unspoiled and beautiful.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We spent three days in a lovely apartment facing the sea
With a swimming pool
it was great
There is a good restaurant here
The apartment was fully equipped
And we really enjoyed it
Excellent stay with the kids for the weekend

Room Tip: Ask to check the room before entering The quality of the beds varies from apartment to apartment
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family