Review Highlights
Wonderful

This is a lovely temple at the top of Mount Emei, we didn't do the hike but took the cable car... read more

Reviewed 10 October 2018
John and Deb K
Karratha, Australia
Top of the time

Reviewed 14 May 2017
Run_ar0und
Dallas, Texas

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 May 2017

You can head inside the temple, this is top of the top and will allow you to see the golden giant buddha statue in another angle.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

I hiked from Leidongping base to get to here, it took us about 3hours. It was really hard work,but when we reached it,it was foggy, so it didn't look so beautiful. So little bit disappointed. But the temple still looks good to me,because it's on the top of the mountain.How people in the past created it.I'm really impressed.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

It is a great places and exercise there. We need to walk but it is worth to do. For those who love Buddhism is good to pray for it.
Spend times to see the painting and little shopping there too.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

This is one of the more impressive temples I have ever seen. I'm not Buddhist but live in Asia so I've been to quite a few temples as they are always one of the more popular tourist attractions in areas. The main idol is gargantuan! You are literally in the clouds at the top of the mountain and won't be able to see anything for a minute, then the clouds move on and suddenly you realize how beautiful of a location you are in! Be sure to walk to the edge of a cliff (they have guardrails) and let your shadow cast into the clouds below, a rainbow forms around your shadow and locals say that it is good fortune. I don't believe in fortune or luck, but it is very pretty and neat. Worth the trip from Chengdu to make a probably 3 day trip to see this and the LeShan Giant Buddha.

If you want to stay at the hotel that is at the top of the mountain (after the cable car ride) then search for it at english.ctrip.com. This is a Chinese based hotel/flight/etc booking site but has a good English site and customer service reps who speak English as well. We stayed one night and it was incredibly serene at night after most of the tourists had gone. Then the next morning we got up early to see the sunrise from the peak.

2  Thank tituscole7
Reviewed 8 October 2015

This is well worth seeing. Was pretty foggy when I went but managed to get a good photos after the fog cleared a little. Again can get crowded so best to get there early. You could climb but otherwise there is a cable car which takes six people.