All reviews free shuttle to airport local market swimming pool very nice hotel budget hotel gogo balcony wifi
Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

Spacious room with curtain that can not be closed fully and air con which is not working properly. Food is extremely bad and by far below average standard.

The worst of all is the service. I was leaving to the airport at 6 in the morning and requested for hotel transport which is not available. So I requested them to call a taxi. Apparently, I was told that they are not able to call taxi from outside (which i dont understand why and does not make sense for me). So i ask once again for taxi call but i was told to look for my own taxi!!!

For hotel with more than 100 rooms that only provide 2 cars for transport and ask guest to look for their own taxi - Hotel Sylvia Kupang really put hospitality industry to a disgrace.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank 337regans
Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

Stay for only one night during my business trip. This hotel is chosen by my company. The hotel looks old, and so with the facilities. TV is bad. No signal, no sound, quality of pic is poor, and also the remote control is not working well, its hard to use. Bedroom is big but the mattras is hard and cannot sleep well. Hot water is not working. Then the worst is food. I ordered for room service. But the fish is not fresh. The coffee come too late and its not hot, even not warm. So disapointed.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2015

Spacious, comfortable and clean room, with a view to the pool. The pool was noisy on a public holiday during the afternoon, but otherwise very pleasant. Location is good, and there's an outdoor food market a few steps away. Meals eaten there were very good except for breakfast - could do better! Staff very friendly and helpful and trying hard. Wifi is available in the rooms and in the coffee shop, but we found (on 3 separate stays) that the wifi in the rooms didn't really work.

Room tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are usually quieter, but not if there are a lot of kids in the pool!
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 5 May 2015

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in mid April 2015. This is a newly built hotel, next to the old Sylvia Hotel which is currently under renovation.

It was a nice experience for me. I did not expect Kupang to have such a nice modern hotel, I suppose it is a long overdue visit to Kupang after my last visit 30 years ago.

Got a room on the 1st floor which is spacious and clean with modern facilities. In fact I think the room amenities used in this new hotel is more suitable for a 4-star hotel than a 3-star hotel (e.g. Grohe & Toto bathroom supplies).

I don't know where the other reviewer stayed but my room has plenty of electricity sockets, on each sides of (the huge King size) bed, on the little table where there is a set of tea making facilities.

The staffs are very friendly and accommodating. They promptly sent someone to give me additional bath towels, bath mat and pillow. Very helpful in resolving wi-fi connection & password to me. And those were all requested in the evening.

Breakfast is nice, better choices and quantities than standard 3-star hotel breakfast, even have options to request how you want your eggs to be cooked.

In short, this is a 4-star class hotel with a 3-star hotel rate. Those people who complains probably better stay stay at real 3-star hotels before starting to grumble about this hotel.

Room tip: First floor has direct access to pool. 2nd Floor room-door faces the hotel pool. 3rd & 4th Floor room-door faces outside.
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank donmochino
Reviewed 17 April 2015

I stayed for 2 nights in Sylvia Hotel and enjoyed it very much. The hotel is very new (rebuilt), the rooms very clean and spacious and the staff very friendly. We also enjoyed, spending some time at the nice pool. The only negative was the internet connection - it was very hard to connect and if connected, it was very, very slow.

Date of stay: April 2015