All reviewstimor lesteplace to staythe ownerprivate roomfree wifihot waterlaundry servicelonely planetfood marketpancake breakfastmeet other travellersnight marketplace is cleansitting arealocal guidevisa extensionan amazing host
Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

The location is very good with a beautiful view to the beach. The rooms are nice and it is possible to order Western or Indonesian food. The wifi is the best I have seen in Indonesia.
The owner is very friendly and helpfull and knows all you need to know about Kupang. It is sad such a good hostel, is located in Kupang, a city where nothing is happening and not much turists are around, to enjoy a pleasent stay in Lavalon B&B.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2015

Serious, what a good place! I came to Kupang for a visa run to Timor-Leste and the owner Edwin was a great help. He told me everything I needed to know and do for my visa for Timor-Leste and the one for Indonesie for my way back. They helped me with everything without any extra charge. The service is absolutely amazing and the food in the restaurant really, really good! Free coffee and pancakes for breakfast, and if you book the two person rooms, you have the best hot shower of Asia.
Also props for the free water refill, to safe plastic waste!!
Serious guys, check this place out!
Saskia, Amsterdam

Room Tip: The dormbeds are very cheap, 50.000. But the double rooms with view and hot shower are worth every rupiah!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2015

I found this place in Lonely Planet. Edwin was very welcoming. He is extremely helpful and taking good care of his guests. The food is good and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The lavalon atmosphere is relax and cozy and I'm definitely planning to go back a third time!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2015 via mobile

My intention of going to west timor was getting a new visa for indonesia in east timor. Edwin is very friendly and helped me a lot and knows what you have to do for the visa. He knows a lot about the region as well. The place has a very nice view. I stayed twice at lavalon so far and I will go once more this month. From this place it s easy to catch a plane or the ferry to rote. The rooms are clean, but it s a good idea to book in advance because now they have two private rooms and one dorm. If you would like to book you should call/message Edwin. You can find his number on his website. Thank you Edwin for my nice stay at lavalon!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2015

I have now stayed here twice in April 2015. It is a fantastic location and Edwin (the owner) and his friends, Napa and Willy really make it a unique experience. I stayed in both of the fan, ac and hw, rooms. Clean and modern, free WiFi. The open air verandah with view across the harbour is lovely. At first this place appears a little rustic but the engagement and debate on politics, history and culture is fantastic. All staff are friendly and helpful.

At the time of writing, Edwin expanding the place with more rooms and facilities.

I'll be back to see how it goes. Don't miss the Lavalon Burger.

Room Tip: The room with the view is best, good idea to book it. The other room is a bit gloomy, but very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo