All reviews timor leste place to stay the owner private room hot water laundry service lonely planet food market meet other travellers night market place is clean sitting area local guide visa extension an amazing host mango juice offers a great view
Reviewed 8 April 2015

I have now stayed here twice in April 2015. It is a fantastic location and Edwin (the owner) and his friends, Napa and Willy really make it a unique experience. I stayed in both of the fan, ac and hw, rooms. Clean and modern, free WiFi. The open air verandah with view across the harbour is lovely. At first this place appears a little rustic but the engagement and debate on politics, history and culture is fantastic. All staff are friendly and helpful.

At the time of writing, Edwin expanding the place with more rooms and facilities.

I'll be back to see how it goes. Don't miss the Lavalon Burger.

Room Tip: The room with the view is best, good idea to book it. The other room is a bit gloomy, but very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2015 via mobile

Lavalon is a great laid back place with a lovely view. Edwin is a very helpful guy as it says in all guide books, and will honestly help with anything. I don't know about the previous bad comment but I find her comment hard to believe. He is genuine and helpful. We have bought bikes and are leaving for timor Leste, he can assist with information on visas and obtaining bikes if needed. Great place...

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2015

Im felt at home! The place is basic. Just what we need! But the customer service is the best ever ;-)
Edwin does the best for all of is customer. He pick me up at the ferry, drop me off to the airport (even if the fly was at 6am the breakfast was ready!).
Give me lot of help for organise my trip. Just top ;-)
Wifi, super café, friendly, hamok with ocean view!! what else???

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 February 2015 via mobile

We booked another place to stay as we thought that Lavalon was booked out as no booking website showed any availabilities. Turned out they just don't do online bookings, but they have their own website where you can sent them an inquiry (use Google as the website is not listed on TripAdvisor). Stayed there for another night (we walked by, stayed for a beer and chat with Edwin, the owner, who, if maybe appearing a bit grumpy at first, is a super friendly lad who can give you heaps of information about Indonesia and especially west Timor, and booked directly with him) and really enjoyed the place and especially the sea view. Great value for money!

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2015

If you are on your way to Rote, or want to stay in Kupang for a couple of days, this really is your place to stay. It 's clean, Edwin is the best host and best cook (try out his hamburgers and pancakes) and that all for an affordable price. This review doesn't need heaps of words, if you are in Kupang, this is where you want to stay.

Room Tip: We went for the "ocean-view" because we could afford to be there. But Edwin also has bunk beds so whatever you feel comfortable with and what you want to spend
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends