“La Fortuna is the best in Changuinola”
Review of La Fortuna

La Fortuna
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Any time I go I have the Dish called Sizzle. You get it with many kinds of Seafood. The first time I go there,(7 years ago) I ask to see the kitchen, because you know Chinese are not the cleanest people. This place is clean and the food is excellent.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

we went here to watch the turtles lay eggs but I think we got there late in the season so we didn't see any. The guide was amazing though and very knowledgeable.

1  Thank mcelvain01
Reviewed 26 March 2013

A ever changing menu with daily specials, we had ceviche which was good but more fruity as opposed to the lemon/onion/vinegar tang I was used to. Also, we had the sesame tuna (average) and red curry shrimp (average to above average). entrees ran aprox 10-12 and drinks were cheap.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I went to La Fortuna for a sit down dinner and was impressed. Service was great, the food was good. Had the steak kabob, would recommend. It was a successful trip.

I returned a few days later to order a few pizzas carry out (about 3:30-4pm), was told they would be ready 30 minutes. An hour and 15 minutes later, I finally received my pizzas. The pizzas were thickly lain in cheese 1 cm thick. I would have been OK if they said the pizzas would be ready in an hour, it would have given me time to explore the town, but instead i had to sit and wait for 45 minutes as i expected the pizzas to be ready 'any minute'.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

This town is at the base of the volcano and at night you can take a tour to see sparks of lava glowing in the night sky. There is an awesome hike called Cherro Chato, the locals may warn you against it, but if you are in good shape and looking for a fairly challenging hike, it is worth the trip. At the same place, there is a waterfall walk that can accomadate most accessibilty needs. Be sure to stop at the hot spring while you are there! you can get day-passes for reasonalbe rates, but it is well worth the splurge if you are on a backpackers budget (especially after a long hike). If you want an extremely colorful tour guide (who can score some good deals on hot-springs rates) ask for Mr. Lava Lava. Probably not family friendly, but definately one of the most memorable people I met in La Fortuna.