“Close to the lap of nature”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Gazal P
Singapore, Singapore
“Close to the lap of nature”
Reviewed 15 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

All the reviews before mine aptly describe what one can expect. Mrs Munni and Mr Bisht are so hospitable, friendly, helpful and go out of their way to make their guests comfortable that one feels like its home in the lap of nature. Go ahead and book, enjoy their garden and cute domestic animals (cat named Rani and St Bernand named Shadow, who they keep tied up as he's huge though still a puppy!) The home made food made by Mrs Munni and even the morning breakfast made by her before she leaves for her day job. Rooms are reasonably priced, depending on if the booking is in the standard room or the new building

15 Apr 2018
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent experience with us. We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. We would love to see you back.
NageshKol...
National Capital Territory of Delhi, India
“Beautiful and peaceful location with Great Hospitality in Less Budget”
Reviewed 8 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We stayed in Bisth guest house recently for 2 days from 29th to 30th March. I would like to share the back ground story:-
We were in search of good hotels for our stay in Almora from 29 th to 31st March. As the prices of the hotels are much costlier in different websites for this period, we opted for Trip Advisor website to find the good budget hotel based on the reviews. In that website I came to know about Bisht Guest for the first time.The reviews and the photos posted made me to think of stay in Bisht Guest house.Immediately I called the owner of Bisht Guest house, Mr.Diwan Singh who is nice and straight forward person .He picked my call and said that there are only 2 options available :- one with private balcony which will cost 2000 Rs and one without private balcony which will cost 1500 Rs. He didn’t reduce even single rupee through bargaining and said the cost of stay will be worthable only if and if we are nature lovers. He also told me the facts like his guest house is 4 km far from the almora city and there is a private car parking available. When I asked him how much amount should I pay as a token advance for booking, he said there is no need to pay and if I am interested the booking will be confirmed without any token amount
The Qualities of his Straight forwardness, no desire toward money which I felt during the conversation with him made me to say yes to him for stay in Bisht Guest house . I was Very much confident that my stay is going to be memorable.

I am sharing my expierence of stay in Bisht Guest house which is as follows:-

29th March:-
On 29th we left from Delhi and reached Almora at 5.00 PM. Before 5 minutes of reaching the guest house, by seeing the approach road to guest house we felt that our decision of stay in the guest house might turn wrong and I felt inside if my decision turn wrong, my wife will tease me during the entire trip. But our apprehension turned wrong after seeing the guest house and View of Nature from the guest house . The view of nature from the room with private balcony was simply magnificiant.
When we reached there , many foreigners were staying in the guest house since long . I met them and they said the expierence of enjoying nature here is some thing different. Many of the foreigners were doing yoga, Meditattion etc. My son of age 2 years enjoyed a lot by playing with the dog named Shadow in the guest house. The view from the room with private balcony which was allotted to us was simply mesmerizing.
The guest house also provides the option of Self Cooking which many foreigners have opted. As we were tired in the journey we opted for the dinner in the guest house. The dinner which comprised Fresh salad of Carrot, Beetroot , tomato, Onion / Rotis/ Sabji of mix vegetables and Dal with Curd was so yummy and we ate a lot . After dinner we have discussed the Sight seeing plan and he guided us well and we went back to our room and slept.

30th March:-
On 30th March we expierenced the view of sunrise from our balcony and room. The expierence was simply amazing. After some time we went down and requested Mr. Deewan Singh to accompany us for morning walk. He tooks us for Eco walk between pine trees on the back side of the guest house.The expierence of Eco walk was something which one can only felt but cannot describe.During the Eco walk he showed us the view of almora and told how landslide effected the places near by his guest house. After Eco walk we left for Jageswar Temple, Golu mata Temple and in the evening we left for KASAR DEVI Temple where the view of sunset is superb.

Finally I would highly recommend to book room with private balcony to every one who wants to have a memorable experience in less budget. I am also uploading some photos which I captured during my stay here.

Hope this review may be useful.

11 Apr 2018
Dear guest(Nagesh ji),
Thank you so much for your review,it was great to have you stay.
Hope you enjoyed your stay. I think your review will help the travelers to know about the guest house, and at time it will inspire me to keep it up. We try to do our best to satisfy our gest..
Thanks again .
ANAFB2018
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay , beautiful and peaceful location, perfect hosts !”
Reviewed 7 February 2018 for a stay in December 2017

This was my third visit to the Bisht - each time gets better, as I get to know more of the beautiful area and the lovely, generous hosts Diwan and Muni . They are sensitive to the needs of guests ... those who wanted quietness as I did , or more lively , interesting chat . I did mostly self catering in my good sized, simple , clean and comfortable room . Provisions are easy to get locally , and frequently I had a relaxed dinner in the evenings with Diwan and Muni. The healthy , freshly prepared meals were totally delicious , using mostly organic produce from their garden .
The location is peaceful , with woodland walks, Himalayan views , good friendly local shops 5/10 mins walk away .
There are inexpensive private or shared taxis to take you to the very busy Almora City, or for local or further afield nature exploration and sight seeing . Amongst others , the Kasaar Devi and Shiva Temple are about 3 kms away - places of devotion , full of history and with stunning panoramic views of the Himalayas .

I can heartily recommend the Bisht , where you will be so well looked after by the genuine , big hearted Diwan and Muni !

9 Feb 2018
Dear Ann,
Thank you so much for wonderful review. We feel really proud, that we were able to make your stay interesting. Hope you will come again and again in the future.
Down.
FNQAUS
“Ms”
Reviewed 29 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

If you are looking for peace and tranquility Diwan and his wife Muni provide this in great measure. It is somewhat out of the way and this was perfect for us. There are public and private taxis easily available if you need. Our lovely room looked out over the mystical mountains and absolute silence allowed us to sink into a coocooned himalayan experience. Many walks surround the guest house and the views were breathtaking. Nearby are some convience shops and a small organic store. In this store one can sit and you are likely to meet wonderful characters form india and other countries.
The most treasured part of our trip were the owners Diwan and Muni. They are warm kind, genuine people who fall over backwards to be helpful. Soon the cultural differences fade and they are just friends to share with. They have a loveable dog shadow , a big cuddly St Bernard and a cheeky little cat Rani. Muni despite working in an outside job comes home and makes simple love filled meals. Diwan will take you walking if he can.
The room is simple and clean. Dont expect luxury but expect the warmest welcome ever. There is hot water and one only needs to ask and your needs will be met if at all possible. We fell in love with the place and the people. It was sad to leave but we will hold our experience and Diwan and Muni in our hearts.

1 Feb 2018
Thank you so much Denise.
Hope to see you again and again in the future.
Prateek T
“Great Hospitality by Mr & Mrs Bisht”
Reviewed 5 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

This stay was home away from home. Mr & Mrs. Bisht did everything to make our stay awesome. The location needless to say was fantabulous. It was away from the regular city crowd. The Silent Mountains with just the Natures Singing kept us all the fresh for entire 3 Days.
Home Cooked food was again great. I would certainly recommend property to everyone.
Just one drawback was the Parking, so if you are driving by yourself and aren't Mountain driver, you might face some issues in parking your vehicle.

6 Oct 2017
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It means you really enjoyed your holidays at my guest house.
Diwan Bisht.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing