“tasty”
Review of Stoa

Stoa
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Sami
Price range: USD 2 - USD 8
Description: Hand made pies and coffe blend from Central America and exotic Caribbean
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Not much to say but the best Apple pie I have have had for years, lovely little place with charming owners Makis & Anastasia(hope I got those names correct)

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Little cafè in center of Sami , all handmade , very good apple pie and fried sweet pasta . Right also cappuccino. Price a bit expansive but they serve a big portions. Must to try

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

If your a coffee connessoir or just like a decent cup of coffee then your love this slightly hidden coffee shop on a corner a couple of streets back from the beach. We had superb coffee and delicious apple pie that was a specialty. There was also a good range of drinks and pies.
Very friendly and good service.
We visited a few times and also loved the Freddo cold coffee.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank helens9753
Reviewed 17 July 2018

I first discovered Stoa 2 years ago, looking for a good coffee place in Sami. I found the good coffee and after a few visits, I decided to try their pies too, as they looked as no other pies seen by me in Greece. What can I say, it was love at first bite! We became regulars at Stoa after that first try and I would lie if I said our decision to stay in Sami this year too was not linked also to the being close to Stoa (of course, staying in Sami had other objective reasons, but the pies were a strong reason too, after dreaming of them 2 years in a row).
So what a joy the first morning of our vacation this year when we stopped by for pies and coffee! Although I personally started with the idea that they would be a time from time treat (for silhouette reasons mainly), we soon became regulars that stopped for chicken pie and coffee as breakfast, almost every day of our stay!
Anastasia and Makis (I really hope I spelled their names correctly) are very welcoming, kind people and they work a lot every day for these amazing goodies! They were so kind to also offer us on the house some sweet treats to go with our coffee, so you won't go wrong trying their sweet pies too (the apple pie, the pasta flora, the bougatsa are also to die for).
Regarding the savory pies, we especially love the chicken, but you can't go wrong with the cheese, mushroom, mince meat, spinach or kefalonian pie!
The only "negative" part is that once you have tried them, you will become addicted.
Their coffee is also great, so if you are looking for an energizing snack or a meal, this can be the perfect place. If you are planning a vacation to Kefalonia, this is a place not to miss.
Thank you, Anastasia and Makis for making our mornings tasty and energizing and looking forward to seeing you again!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Roxana_etr
Reviewed 16 July 2018

This is a small cafe that sells delicious pies and perfect coffee. There are maybe four shaded tables and a row of high stools at a counter looking out to the bustling street. The pies change daily and can be viewed in a chilled counter, making decisions very hard! We tried the spinach, the cheese, the chicken, and the onion one. All were extremely tasty. And the apple pie was the best we have ever tasted. The coffee is also of a very high standard (both in taste and ethical sourcing), including a very refreshing Freddo Cappuccino. Cannot recommend highly enough as a haven from the hectic 'huge menu' waterside establishments. We visited several times when in Sami and will do so again when next in Kephalonia.

Date of visit: June 2018