We spent one wonderful night at this resort hotel, with its own landscaped lagoon and on the banks of Lake Vembanad. We'd had a long drive through the Western Ghats from Tamil Nadu and were on our way to Kochi. As our photos indicate, the Zuri is a charming place to relax and empty one's mind after a busy and somewhat chaotic day touring.
We'd booked a deluxe lagoon view room and were upgraded from the ground floor to the upper floor, which had superior views and a striking vaulted ceiling. The room felt spacious and we particularly enjoyed sitting on the private balcony overlooking the lagoon with glimpses of the vast Lake Vembanad through the coconut palms. We took a walk through the property and saw the sun set over the Lake. The Zuri is worth visiting for the views alone.
We delayed our checkout until 12 noon so as to enjoy the swimming pool, set in a quiet, private section of the resort.
I'd certainly recommend staying here for more than just one night. The hotel is in a spectacularly beautiful location, none of the rooms overlook one another and the highest wing is just two stories high. There's no sense of crowding or rushing. A nice touch was the complimentary afternoon tea in the gardens. There's no need to leave the property, since the restaurant is very pleasant and there's live entertainment from Indian musicians.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If heaven was a place on earth, it would be on the banks of a breathtaking Vembanad Lake that spreads serenely over 205 square kilometres of picture perfect beauty. And it is. Set in 18 verdant acres on the shores of the Vembanad Lake and just 2 hours from the Cochin International Airport, The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala, Resort & Spa is a five–star deluxe spa resort in Kumarakom, set at the heart of the beautiful Southern state of Kerala–fondly referred to as ‘God’s Own Country’. Standing directly beside the Lake, this Kerala resort offers spacious living–dining rooms, traditional Indian–style bedrooms and individual gardens with private plunge pools.Opened in 2006, The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is the winner of the 2007 and 2008 ‘Best Resort Spa Hotel in India’ title. Home to the largest spa in South India, Maya Spa offers not only western and oriental therapies but also authentic Ayurvedic practices at our resort in Kerala. The distinctive Body Temple, picturesquely situated on an island in the centre of the lagoon, is the perfect location for yoga, meditation or simply quiet contemplation.The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is perfect for an extended break with its idyllic location and world–class amenities. The hotel offers many leisure options, including a large swimming pool with water–spouting elephant sculptures and a luxury spa in Kumarakom with Ayurvedic treatments. The Lime Tree, Laguna Bass and Trunk Call Bar serve very good Indian and international cuisine. Experience the heavenly beauty of Kumarakom in all its tranquil glory. Recreated and preserved to awaken every sense… to experience pure bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Zuri Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zuri Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Kumarakom
- Radisson Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Radisson
- The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala