My husband and I visited South India for the first time. We were told to book in at the Backwater Ripples as it was a 4* hotel. When we arrived we were told that check in time was only at 13:00 so we waited for 30 minutes for them to make up our room. The room we were given was a garden view room. It was crampped, smelt of urine, had stained old and worn linen, the furniture was old and outdated. The bathroom was tiny and the floors were wet. We asked for an upgrade to an lake view executive room for which we agreed to pay in 8000 rupees in addition to the 5600 per night. The upgraded room was more spacious and had a lovely view but that's it. The furniture was just as old as the previous room, the linen was old and stained. There was no duvet only an old blanket and each person was given 1 pillow each. The bathroom was more spacious but was infested with spiders and the geyser provided enough hot water for the first 2 minutes of your shower afterwhich it was stone cold water. Terrible hotel for the amount of money you pay. Avoid at all costs. Will stay at Zuri or Taj hotel if we ever visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Backwater Ripples offers 34 luxury independent cottages in a variety of styles to cater various requirements. The accommodation is spacious, private and superbly appointed with state of the art designer amenities and personalized services. The resort has wide range of facilities to make sure a comfort and memorable stay in our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Backwater Ripples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Backwater Ripples Hotel Kumarakom
- Backwater Ripples Hotel Kottayam
- Backwater Ripples Kottayam
- Backwater Ripples Kumarakom, Kerala