“Very Average.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Kumarakom
Vancouver, Canada
“Very Average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. The rooms were nice and spacious, the pool was nothing to write home about, the restaurant was priced well. We had a buffet dinner one night and the food was cold. We also gave our laundry to be done, and they lost five articles and a pair of shorts had more stains on it after washing then before. Would not stay here again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Rooms are not clean, be careful when paying extra for lake view rooms. Staff very unfriendly especially at the reception and swimming pool. Sub standard rooms, AC not working most of the time. Not going back.

3 Thank Yasubmo
Coimbatore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

I enjoyed the food, my son enjoyed the fishing and swimming pool, my wife enjoyed the Traditional dance and peace full nature, all of us enjoyed the food, before I went there lot of reviews are telling the hotel food was not great so I have a doubt running in my mind about food. Nevertheless we visited the place . But I had been asked after each and every meal "Sir How about food" a girl standing out of the food hall and noted the food comments of customers.
Evening dinner has limited variety but overall a very good food "But we are arranged a group tour so we had all food are in buffet manner" But I have ordered some foods directly from restaurant to my room to taste some sea food items like (Kari mean it will coated and cooked in banana leaf ) I was not expect this type the taste is OK but the price more than Rs.500/- little bit costly for a single fish
I have a very good experience its is really great what do you want ?, Cricket, yes you can play with your friends, Cycling ,yes you can enjoy a ride around the resort , Swimming yes you can do up to 8 (we allowed) Fishing yes you can near your cottage or near the lake. Ayurveda massage yes it is very nice with the people but one thing I want to tell I can hear lot of noises from the reception area during my course it is very disturbing during massage . I have taken massage in some other places like shanthigiri and Bangkok the surrounding are very quite so we slept quickly but here that is the problem. I have complaint with their guest book also .but overall the massage is OK . So you will definitely forget all the things outside the resort your business, your home, all of it. really nice room Really nice atmosphere let us check my photos and videos

Room Tip: cottages near to reception area by the side of lake have beautiful views of lake
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

i stayed here for 3 nights and 4 days on my Kumarakom trip with my parents and sibling. We had a duplex cottage and it was wonderful for a family of 4. The resort overall is fantastic with a spectacular view of the lake. Houseboats keep sailing past the resort whole day. The staff is very hospitable, prompt with service and very keen on making your stay memorable. The same holds for the restaurant staff in the resort. The food in the breakfast and dinner buffets was very good too.Backwater ripples made my family trip enjoyable and memorable.

Room Tip: Prefer a room with the lake view.
1 Thank Hubbleflow
Karnataka
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

Hi,
If you are going there with reviews then waste of time and money. I have been there, not at all value for money,no lift, sunset cruise is nothing interesting its only an hour, nothing to see, its just a small water body, food service is late and not on time.
Its considered start hotel but better to call it Motel in terms of service. Hair started itching due to beds

Room Tip: Just dont choose anything
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple