“Hidden Thai gem”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2019

Our first visit but wont be our last the food was excellent wide menu choices good sea food choices there were 8 of us and we were given complimentary prawn crackers to munch while we read the menu

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed 16 March 2019 via mobile

Stopped off in Yandina after an 11 hour drive and can here. Worth every second of the drive. It was beautiful food and fabulous service. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 9 March 2019

I had never had Thai before and I am so glad I experienced it at Thai Tong Restaurant. It was hard to decide what to have as the menu is quite large but the owner came and explained some of the dishes to us. He was so very helpful and friendly, as were the rest of the staff. I had Roasted Duck Curry which was absolutely amazing, my husband had a whole deep fried fish which was huge but so good he ate almost all of it. Even the bones could be eaten as they are crunchy from how it was cooked. It looked really impressive on the plate and he loved it. My daughter in law also had a duck dish which she loved and had hers cooked medium with extra chilli dish on the side to add if she wanted it hotter. Our entrees were also extremely good, just a shame we were too full to try a dessert. We will definitely be back and take friends with us. It was well worth the 30 minute drive to go there.

Reviewed 9 March 2019 via mobile

This is by far the best Thai I have ever had, I’m so grateful for my dad introducing me to his local Thai restaurant. The Fresh seafood of the day is my fav and I’ve actually been tempted to drive from Gold Coast to Yandina just to get my fix haha. It’s a whole fish cooked with the yummiest flavours and veggies, my partner and I share this with an entree usually the fish cakes and some rice! The service is great, prices are right and there is nothing I can fault about the cute little Thai restaurant! Well done 🙏

Reviewed 9 March 2019 via mobile

Keep up the great work Thai Tong. I find your meals the best Thai I have ever experienced and excellent service. We have family that have just come to visit, mainly to have your well known whole fish dish!!! I also highly recommend the Laksa.