“Very tasty and interesting curry”
Review of Shunarga

Shunarga
Ranked #27 of 42 Restaurants in Pershore
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2017

This is one of my local indians but I had not visited for quite some time.
The restaurant itself is quite ordinary but the menu is very interesting with some unusual dishes and they were willing and able to adjust the strength of the curry to suit individual taste(always a good sign).
What turned up was a really flavoursome dish of medium strength as requested and a large portion with well cooked rice. Balanced ,oniony , sour and hot with good lamb.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I can not recall a time when I left a restaurant before ordering food.
Greeted by the owner/manager. Well greeted was a loose description.
Ordered some popadoms. Arrived with the most benign pickles.
The popadoms were not fresh, had been made sometime ago. Tasted stale.
A table arrived after us and their order was taken before us.
We waited, and waited and eventually grabbed a waiter to take our order.
'Be with you in a minute'
On return complained about the popadoms. The waiter said 'Really' and stuck his finger in the remaining popadom.
'We can replace it'
'Do not bother, we are not staying but will pay for our drinks'
'You need to speak to the boss, I am just the waiter'
Paid for the drinks. The boss kept muttering 'popadoms not fresh'

Oh top of it all both the boss and waiter looked very scruffy.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 15 April 2017

What a shame. My family and I love the food here, but the lack of knowledge around gluten is astounding. As a coeliac, I eat all over the country and never have a problem getting answers from the staff.The waiter ,who has been there for several years to my knowledge, always denies knowing anything about gluten ('what is gluten ,shall I google it'' accompanied by a giggle) and never volunteers to ask some member of staff who does know, let alone get an allergies folder. I shan't visit again because I have been ill following my last 2 visits

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Really quality good food & friendly service . Always enjoy our visits . Varied menu including quorn/ veggie options .

Our local for a takeaway , always been on time & correct

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Using company credit card so found this Indian who takes cards.

Friendly enough and so ordered a chicken tikka, portion of chips, a naan bread. Then said I wouldn't mind a madras sauce, just a little bit which he said he would give me.

Gave him my card, he charged me £16 ???? Tried to do it slyly too. I said the Tikka was 6.95, chips and a naan for £9 ????

Anyway he gave me a bottle of beer , made a lame excuse and had already put it through.

Got food back to hotel, small bag of greasy fries, the tikka was a starter, 7 small bits, I mean small.
I WOULD COMPLAIN BUT WILL NEVER EVER GO NEAR THE PLACE AGAIN. ROB YOU AND FOOD RUBBISH.

Date of visit: March 2017