“Relaxed and friendly”

Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 December 2017

We had a last minute meal and we were pleasantly surprised by the staff and the lovely food. Very tasty and all served beautifully hot. It deserves to be busier than it was.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

we visited recently for my 40th birthday we had a party of 10 ,even though the restaurant was very busy we didnt have to wait long for our food & it all arrived together which was good as there was 10 of us .The staff were very attentive especially our lovely waitress Amber she even got a meal changed at short notice as a party member changed their mind .The food arrived piping hot and was one of the best cantonese meals ive eaten .WILL DEFINATELY BE RETURNING *****************

Steven T, Owner at Golden Dragon Cantonese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

It's great to hear you enjoyed your meal with us. Thank you for your lovely comment. It is greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Ordered a takeaway tonight, and we were told that it would be ready in fourteen minutes. We duly arrived at the correct time, and it was obvious that the order had not even been started. After ten minutes, I asked if it was going to be much longer. The staff just shrugged, and the English man behind the bar took a swig from the can in his hand and turned away. After another ten minutes, the food eventually arrived. No apologies, no offer of a discount, no extras, such as prawn crackers.
While we were there, there was another customer collecting a takeaway. His order had just been left on the side and nobody told him that it was ready. Although he pointed out that it would be cold, staff seemed unconcerned about sorting things out.
The food is fine, but the service here is appalling. Why bother to say when something will be ready if it won't? Staff need a good course of customer relations, especially on how to deal with complaints - at present, their attitude is one of complete apathy. If I could give no stars for service, I would

1  Thank Sue C
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Ok food- nice setting. The staff were nice enough but the service was painfully slow.
Two hours from sitting to main course!
They have a thriving takeaway service is what i viewed from my seat! Really need to give more attention to the restaurant guests- understaffed and a little chaotic.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Ordered a takeaway set menu from their website but when we'd got it home, it wasn't the meal we'd ordered. I called the restaurant, the lady who answered was extremely rude. Eventually, she put me through to the person who took the order. He then explained the takeaway menu is different to the restaurant menu.....so why wasn't the takeaway menu on the website? Or, why didn't their website say this wasn't a takeaway menu? He couldn't answer. Apart from the spring rolls there was nothing on the meal we liked, the restaurant didn't offer to take it back and replace it with something else. I hung up, I cut into the chicken and it was grey and when I tasted it, it was grey. I've been using this restaurant for years and always recommend it to friends - NEVER AGAIN!

1  Thank SJPDS
Steven T, Owner at Golden Dragon Cantonese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Hello,

May I first apologise for the inconvenience caused on the night you ordered your meal. As I explained to your good self on the phone, our set menus for takeaway and dining in are different. As I also explained our takeaway menu has recently undergone some slight changes and was removed from the website.

No offer was made to replace the meal for you as you abruptly cut the phone call before I had a chance. Also the 'chicken' you referred to in your 'review' was not chicken, but pork as stated on the takeaway set menu.

As I mentioned I would have been more than happy to replace the meal with one that you would have preferred but as you no longer wish to use our services I assume this is no longer required.

Thank you for your custom these past years, it is regretful that this can not continue.

Regards