All reviews hullu poro crazy reindeer ski slopes main building thomson reps half board taster session northern lights shared balcony rock cafe zero point real santa coach ride normal clothes buffet style magical experience salad
Reviewed 12 April 2018

We travelled here as part of a family ski holiday (2x adults, 1x 8yr old) and stayed in a Flying Reindeer room in the main building.

Upon arrival the reception was friendly and efficient. We had to wait until 4pm before our rooms were available - but could leave our luggage and start exploring the town. Our room was clean & functional, though not particularly spacious (the 3rd bed would not suit anyone taller than around 145cm). The general décor was good, and the reindeer motifs are guaranteed to raise a smile.

We went for a half-board option - the breakfast buffet provided a good selection (beware that the porridge is salted), and the evening meal buffet was varied and delicious. Despite our son being a fussy eater – there was always something to his liking.

Only negative observations about the hotel are that the room doors open out into the corridors (I wonder how many door related injuries they have in a year), and the carpets seem to generate a lot of static.

We found the staff to be helpful and friendly, and the location of the hotel is excellent - providing a short walk to the slopes & shops.

Overall, very satisfied with our experience and would happily recommend.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sn0wman
Marek S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Hullu Poro - The Crazy Reindeer, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear sn0wman (what a suitable name), Thank you for choosing Crazy Reindeer hotel as your accommodation and thank you for the feedback. You have nailed it, for families we normally always suggest to book family rooms, even if there are 4 adults then family room offers you nice space and your own sauna in the room. Alternative would be our superior rooms, that are wonderful by the way, offer as well regular beds for 4 persons in the same room and bathtub. In the regular room the extra bed always takes a lot of room and it will get quite tight with all your luggage.
I am happy that our buffet restaurant was up on its level to offer you tasty variety.
We definetely check your brought up point with the static electricity that is caused by the carpet, as those twinkles you get are rather uncomfortable. Honestly we have never had any accidents because of the doors open to the corridors, but i definitely will go to check this out myself.
All in all, I am truly happy you have enjoyed your stay with us and I sure hope that Levi has still many places you could not wonder out on your previous visit as we would love to welcome you back.
And yes, the reindeer motifs on the walls are there exactly for the reason to bring out your crazy evil smile. I am happy it worked.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for a magical holiday with my 6 year old son. Hotel is in a perfect location for access to the supermarket, ski slope and the town of Levi.
Hotel was warm and the heaters for your snow suits were great to dry things off for your next day of adventures.
Rooms were spacious and nicely decorated.
Meals were good, a variety of choice.
We had an amazing time and would definitely love to return

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Claire,
Thank you for your stay and thank you for this heart warming review. I am happy Levi filled your expectations and that Hullu Poro Hotel could offer you such a nice stay. I hope your 6 year old had a blast and on your return I strongly recommend our Elves Hideaway Resort activity park just 8 km from centre where you may ask transportation from the Hullu Poro reception. This is a magical place with mystic forest, secret stone and the Elves Hideaway with gingerbread house and Elves School. Returning on winter time we offer there as well Arctic Experience program with short Husky sleigh ride and Reindeer sleigh ride. But during summer and autumn, whole Lapland has another gorgeous point of view. Cleanest air, purest waters, green forests, wild reindeer and who could resist a hike in the nature with your own husky dog.
Welcome, we wait to serve you again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We came to this hotel with inghams the second week in January, it was a lovely experience. All lit up and still a real festive feel about, even though it was January. Absolutely loved Levi, easy to walk about , and this hotel isn’t far from anywhere. On our arrival we were welcomed by the manager, Mait, I think his name was, really friendly, helpful guy. Hotel is rustic and Nordic style, food pretty good, although I advised well in advance I was dairy free and was told to let the servers know on arrival. I did this, but they didn’t seem to understand or care at all what I meant, I ended up having to buy my own dairy free milk etc and carry this back and fore to breakfast everyday! Seems a shame when I’m informed , that a lot of people in Finland are lactose free especially. Room was lovely, nic view from the balcony in the snow, but far too hot, had to sleep with the window open every night, even at -18 oC! Also the jacuzzi was tiny and absolutely freezing which was a disappointment. Overall though, this is a good hotel, in a good location.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank angel24Scotland
Marek S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Hullu Poro - The Crazy Reindeer, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you very much for your stay and for your feedback. I make sure that as well Mait will get your greetings. I iwll definetely talk to food& beverage department about the food restrictions as this is actually everyday topic in the restaurant and esoecially on breakfast.

I hope Levi left you with good memories and we can welcome you back soon.
My best regards,
Marek

Reviewed 20 March 2018

My wife and myself stayed in the crazy reindeer (hullu poro) hotel and we had a flying reindeer room which we booked through Inghams and I have stay what a brilliant time we had here, right from the start as we pulled into the car park the concierge lady came onto the transfer coach band told us everything about the hotel and answers any queries we had. The room we had was on the 2nd floor and it had been refurbished to a good standard, the bathroom was excellent having a full deep bath with shower attachments and it was always warm with abundant hot water, the view from our window we loved as it looked out onto a snowy forest, we will be back next year and I hope to get the same room 239 or similar, just an observation not a complaint is that bedside cabinets would be good.The ski room was good so we used this all week and caught the bus every morning to South point where we started each day and from here we skied all the runs including the blacks, the ski runs were perfect not to difficult and they were expertly groomed.Dining in the hotel was very good with plenty of choice you certainly won't go hungry here it is a little dark in here but you can live with it. Just to finish off this hotel suits us and we won't hesitate to recommend it like I said before we are hoping to come back next year.

Room Tip: Just been the once so I can only recommend the flying reindeer room quiet rooms with nice views to the woods
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Marek S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Hullu Poro - The Crazy Reindeer, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Alan,
Thank you very much for your stay with us and for the nice review with top rating. It is highly appreciated. You are more than welcome to return and we always respect our returning customers. When making your booking, please do not forget to mention as information that you would like to have the same room 239 or similar. Depending on availability we always take in mind customers special requests.

When returing, I suggest to take a look from our web page - restaurants - Dine Around packages. As we have 14 restaurants (pubs) in our family, then dine around packages offer you the chance to dine at the different restaurnts and enjoy different foods.

Once again, thank you for your stay, thank you for the nice review! Levi and Hullu Poro are waiting you back!

My best regards,

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at The Crazy Reindeer Hotel in January. It was our 2nd trip to Lapland having stayed in The Levi Spa Hotel last January. I am so pleased we chose The Crazy Reindeer Hotel as we found it to be excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful, I enjoyed the great choice of food that was available in the restaurant at breakfast and dinner. This time we traveled with my husbands brother and his wife, we found the hotel lounge area great for the four of us to relax and play games (we had taken with us) Our room was in the main building overlooking the snowy forest, it was clean, warm and comfortable. It was much colder this year, my hair even turned frosty when we were out walking in the forests but as long as you have plenty of layers on and keep moving you will not feel the cold. I would recommend the Crazy Reindeer Hotel to anybody, we liked it that much we have booked with Inghams to stay here again next January. ❤️❄️

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank clarec539

Woohoo! Wlcome back next year and cant wait to greet you in January 2019!
I am truly happy that you stayed with us and that you took the time to write the review.
As a returing customer, please remember to give your preferences in room to the agent so we could be prepared when you arrive. In your return I as well suggest you to try out our other restaurants in Levi centre, as all in all we have 15 places where to eat in Hullu Poro family. If you wish to take even more out from Lapland then I suggest our Winter activities. We have our own Elves Hideaway, just 8 km from Levi centre and you may book this from concierge. This is a mystical place in the Lappish forest. As well as we have our Arctic experience activity there where we offer for clients to try husky and reindeer sleighride as well as sleigh ride with snomobile. Trying those out will leave you great emotions as well, even when you have visited Levi three times.
As Levi has so much to offer and believe me, during summer and autumn time, it is something totally new again. Highly reccommended!

Many thanks and see you at the Hullu Poro.