Free cancellation until 29/07
USD 560
USD 335
  • Pool
Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort(Marigot Bay)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
USD 140
Oasis Marigot(Marigot Bay)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
USD 142
Villa des Pitons(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
USD 132
Leisure Inn(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 94
Hummingbird Beach Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
USD 144
  • Breakfast included
Boucan by Hotel Chocolat(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
USD 347
USD 284
Stonefield Villa Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
USD 374
USD 363
USD 1,082
USD 384
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 489/night.

1,586 results
All reviewsfishst luciaevery nightmarigot baybotanical gardensrented a carpiton beermangocaribbean seaour honeymoonpublic beachrainy seasonexplore the islandgros pitonanse le rayenatural beautyplunge pool
Reviewed 24 November 2006

We returned earlier this week from our week-long Honeymoon stay at Ti Kaye and have nothing but great things to say about the resort.

I had read many of the previous tripadvisor.com reviews on Ti Kaye and sort of new what to expect, what to pack, etc, and would encourage any potential visitor to do the same. You will learn a lot of great tips!

To start from the beginning...

AIRPORT/TRAVELING TO TI KAYE

The St. Lucia International airport is fairly easy to get through. Just be sure to have your paperwork (the form you fill out on the plane) as well as your passport ready to go when you go through immigration. Depending on the length of the line, it shouldn't take you all that long to get through and get over to baggage claim.

Once you pick up your bags and go through customs, you will probably see a bunch of men standing around offering to carry your bags for you. IF you do it, just know that they will expect a tip of some sort. They will accept either US or EC dollars.

I highly recommend having small US bills on you for your trip--tipping (outside of the resort) is a huge deal!

The drive from the airport is approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes.

BIG SUGGESTIONS FOR TRAVELING TO TI KAYE:
1. Take Bonine 30-45 minutes before your plane lands. It will truly help fight off the motion sickness. The roads on the island are VERY windy.

2. Request that the driver takes you on the Atlantic side to get to TI Kaye--this route is MUCH less curvy than the Western/Caribbean side.

3. Tip the driver once you arrive to the resort

ARRIVING AT TI KAYE:
Once you arrive to Ti Kaye, there will be a staff member waiting for you. He/she will usher you down to the bar where you can order your complimentary drink. Pilgram is the main bartender we had and he is wonderful!

After about 20 minutes, a staff member will return to take you to your cottage, where your luggage is already waiting for you. If you signed up for some sort of package (i.e., adventurous honeymoon package), he/she will also give you a form to review and for you to select your activities. You will need to turn it in either that evening before dinner or at breakfast the next morning.
**If there are activities that you have in mind that are not included on that form, just ask if you can switch them out--they should say yes without any trouble.

TI KAYE COTTAGES:
We stayed in "M" (a.k.a. Mele - pronounced meal-ay) and for the most part enjoyed it. It was an ocean front cottage with a plunge pool. If I had to offer just one suggestion to someone staying at Ti Kaye, I would say do NOT get a cottage with a plunge pool.

Although they make for awesome photos, they really do not warm up (I have heard this across the board--not just applicable to our cottage), so you really don't get any use out of them.

Our view was spectacular. We were in the furthest cottage on the main property side and could still have a good view of the beach. I liked where we were because you really couldn't hear the tourist boats that would roll in and out as much as you would if you were in a cottage closer to the office/restaurant.

The outside shower is probably our favorite aspect of the cottage. You are surrounded by tropical plants and have the most incredible view while you shower!! There is truly nothing like it.

If you have read any of the previous reviews, you already know that there is a lot of wildlife at Ti Kaye! IF you think birds, lizards, etc. will bother you, then this probably isn't the place for you!

We had a resident lizard -- we typically saw him on just one wall inside the cottage. He never came near the bed and never bothered us. There were, of course, TONS of birds. If you leave the french doors open, they will fly in and out, but don't seem to do much...just fly around.

Our only complaint is that I did see a "jungle rat" (basically an oversized rat) crawling on a railing inside the shower. I ran inside, called the front desk and they sent someone out right away. The rat was gone by the time he got to our place. Although I do not know for sure, I believe he must've set a trap somewhere outside of our cottage b/c we did smell something one evening. THankfully, that didn't last long and we didn't see it again.

I had read ahead of time that that may occur, so I wasn't too surprised...that's just a part of staying in a jungle-type area.

The sun rises VERY early in St. Lucia (5 am) and the fisherman are out very early. They did wake us up several mornings, but we just sort of got used to it.

There is not a pen in the cottage, so bring one with you. You will need it to fill out your mini bar form, write postcards, etc.

There is a safe in the room (in the closet). We used that every day and stored our wallets, passports, wedding rings, camera (if we weren't using it) in there and didn't have any trouble. We both felt that the staff was very honest and never thought that they would break in (or that anyone would for that matter).

The lock going to the porch from the outside doesn't really work, so we just used the lock on the door that takes you directly into the cottage room.

There is not a dresser (at least not in our room), so be prepared to either hang stuff up, or live out of your suitcase!

Also, if you have any food that you bring back to your cottage, instead of throwing it in the trashcan, I would recommend you put it in the refrigerator. THis will help cut down on attracting any rodents!

BIG SUGGESTIONS FOR COTTAGES:
1. Bring a pen with you
2. Before you book, review the map of the property on the Ti Kaye website and put in a request for a cottage that is further away (if you want less noise)--it's not guaranteed that you will get it, but you never know.
3. Bring earplugs--we didn't and wish we had!

TI KAYE RESTAURANT:
Breakfast is included in your room price and it's excellent. THey offer you a buffet with assorted cereals, pastries, fresh juices (which are incredible) and fresh fruit. In addition, you can order different items from the menu.

Dinner was fantastic every night. They change the menu daily, so it's like a new experience every time you go. We always tipped on top of the 18% surcharge that they apply to the bill b/c we found that the staff was wonderful. I really have no complaints about the food whatsoever.

There is also a restaurant down by the dive shop on the beach. We ate there almost every day and loved it. If you like cheeseburgers, be sure to order one while you are there--probably one of the best we have ever had. Their fries are also delicious (and I rarely eat stuff like that!!).

BIG SUGGESTIONS FOR RESTAURANTS:
1. Do not do the meal plan unless you are truly accustomed to eating 5 courses at every meal. The dishes are very substantial and we found that the prices were very reasonable.
2. Tip!! Hopefully you will find that the staff is as good to you as they were to us!

TI KAYE DIVE SHOP/TI KAYE BEACH:
We rented some flippers from the dive shop a couple of times. They are $5/pair per day, so the cost can add up. I had read a review from someone who said that they brought their own snorkeling equipment...I think it's highly worth it! We bought our own snorkels and masks and used them almost every day.

I had read that you may get confronted by some of the locals to buy some of their jewelry, but for some reason on the Ti Kaye beach, we never got hit up. If you do...if you just politely tell them that you are not interested, you will not be bothered again!

The beach down there is great...it's small and very secluded. Boats from other resorts (primarily Sandals) will come in and out...they never bothered us...in fact, we found it entertaining b/c there is a lot of people watching that you can do!!

GO SNORKELING!! The water is so warm...there are no sharks...and you will see some amazing fish. There is a ship wreck a ways out (look for the red bouy) that we recommend you check out.

The dive shop offers you free kayaks and we used them quite a bit...so much fun!

This resort is not one for big partiers...the bar closes early and everyone seems to go to bed by 10:00. For us, that was great (although there were 1-2 nights that we would've liked to stay at the bar longer!).

IF you are signing up for any adventures, talk to other guests and see what they recommend. We did the Land & Sea Tour as well as the sunset cruise and highly suggest both!! We also did a massage in our room...if you can squeeze that in, you will love it!

Go to the fish fry on Friday night. It's a great way for you to experience the St. Lucia culture and eat some great fresh seafood!!

Overall, we really enjoyed Ti Kaye. I would recommend the resort to anyone considering St. Lucia for a vacation. If you are going on your honeymoon, you will probably encounter other honeymooners...we met probably 3-5 couples who got married the same day we did.

The staff was great...in fact, everyone we met on the island was great!

So, go...check them out and have fun!!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank excited2trav
Reviewed 22 November 2006

Here are my thoughts on Ti Kaye

Room – We stayed in room G with a plunge pool. The room was lovely and kept very clean. We loved the outdoor shower especially since we could leave our door open to the ocean while we showered. The bed was big and comfy. The closet was big and the lock box very helpful. We liked the plunge pool ok since it was nice to take a dip in after a hot day at the beach. However, it never was really warm enough to stay in very long. It was worth it to have the ocean front cottage and all of the privacy that provided, but I am not sure it was worth the extra $50 a night for the plunge pool.
We had two complaints about the room. One, there was not a writing utensil provided. This is especially annoying since you have to fill out and hand in your “custom” mini-bar sheet at breakfast or you risk not getting your selections that day. Two, the lock on our room door and porch door could have been opened with a butter knife; the key was superfluous.

Security – The above being said about how easy it would have been to break into our room, I never once felt scared for our safety or feared being robbed. The lock box worked and we used it for our credit cards, ID’s and camera when not in use. We did not bring jewelry of any value so that was not a concern. There was a constant, but not imposing, security presence and that was reassuring.

Food – We thought the food was excellent at Ti Kaye. I don’t think I have enough nice things to say about all of the things we liked if not loved. Do not get the meal plan unless you are a big eater. Most nights we split an appetizer and had two dinners. We usually both got lunch. The drinks/wines we had were all terrific.

That being said there were a few complaints. We did not like the buffet night on Wednesday and would have preferred to have a few menu choices instead of paying the mandatory $30 for the buffet and complimentary drink. Also, we like wine and on a couple of nights several of our first choices were not available. This was very annoying since they tout their wine list quite a bit.

Service – We thought the service was great. Everyone of our servers at the restaurants was great. We especially fell in love with Merilinde, Cleus, Dina and Gus. They were so nice and genuinely fun to visit with. Did we tip extra? Yes, both my husband and I worked in food service for several years and know that is tough work. 10% is not enough for good service, period.

The guys at Island Divers were also great. They took care of our equipment and us. They took us where we wanted to go diving and once there made sure we felt safe, had fun and saw as much as the spot had to offer.

The housekeeping also deserves a note. Our room was always as clean as it could be when we came back from our day. They even tidied up our stuff.

My only two complaints about service are one that the staff at the front desk was not always particularly helpful or friendly. Two, since we brought our own dive equipment, we had to haul it down to the beach on our first day of diving and up from the beach on our last (they did store it in between). They had carts coming to and from the resort to the beach every day several times a day and it would have been nice for them to offer/arrange to have our dive gear transported for us……especially up the hill!

Activities – We did not do a package.
My husband is an experienced diver and I am trying to get into it. We dove with Island Divers three days. We left at around 9:30 each day and got back before lunch was over every day – no later than 1:30. Like I mentioned above, they were very willing to work with the things we wanted to do and see. We did do a night dive and my husband loved it. We used our own equipment as did all of the other divers we dove with, so I don’t know about using the resort equipment. The diving itself was good and visibility was good. We saw lots of life and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We also did the massages and you should definitely take the time and spend the money to do this, enough said.

Finally, we did the exotic nature hike. This was a really cool hike with a very knowledgeable guide who not only knew the flora and fauna of St. Lucia very well, but a lot about its people, history, politics and community. The sulfur springs were very cool as were the gardens. My only complaint was that we made three stops on the way to our hike to “see vistas” but really to be hit up for money for souvenirs. I brought just enough money to tip at lunch and tip our guide, but was guilted into at least two additional tips and two souvenirs.

Beach – The beach is a volcanic sand beach. If nothing less than sugar white beaches will make you feel happy and clean, then this is not the beach for you. I thought the grayish sliver sand was quite pretty. The water was clear once you got about 6-8 feet out in it. The beach itself was kept pretty clean, at least on the Ti Kaye end of the beach. The vendors only bothered us on our last day, but this was the only day we were down there before 1:00 in the afternoon as we were busy the other mornings. We bought what we wanted and looked at a few other things, but they left us alone after that. The chairs and umbrellas were not new, but I disagree with the one review that said they were not clean. It is the beach folks….sand is everywhere. We also did not have a problem with the stairs. We knew they were there and were prepared for the planning it took to go to the beach. Also, this was good exercise!

The only compliant we had was the loud music from the day-trip boats. One day we could hear every word a guide said over the loud speaker from our room. I know the resort has no control over this, but it was annoying. Good news is that they were only there about an hour or so each day.

Bugs/Critters – Aside from the swarms of birds that were extremely vocal/active/feisty from 5a.m. to about 10 a.m., nothing really bothered or upset me. We had a couple of lizards, tree frogs and sugar ants. I did not see a cockroach and would not have been upset/surprised if I did. Coming from the southern US, I know that cockroaches are not necessarily a sign of uncleanliness, but more a sign of moisture. While not a huge bird fan, I really did not mind the “wildlife” and it was not an intrusion at all.

Fish Fry – Go. It was fun. It would have been 10 times more fun for us if it had stopped raining, but we had a good time as did the two vanloads of couples who went from the resort.

Seclusion – It is secluded. It is private. There is not really any night life aside from Happy Hour before dinner. For my husband and I, this was perfect. We wanted peace, quiet, and time alone together. If you need more than this, you should go somewhere else. I will also say that this is not really the place for singles or for families/groups.

Price/Bill – This was not the least expensive place we could have stayed. And, you could certainly stay here for less than we did since we did stay in the ocean front cottage with plunge pool. Also we had two lunches every day, we did do dinner/drinks every night, and we did activities 5 of the 6 non-travel days we were there. I did not see anything unusual on our bill and we seemed to spend exactly what we planned to spend. I was very happy with what we got for the money we spent.

All in all it was a great vacation. The resort was pretty and clean, the people were generally very nice, the food was good to excellent and the location was ideal. While I am not sure if we will return to St. Lucia (too many places to see and experience out there), I would recommend this resort to family and friends.

Stayed: November 2006
13  Thank ecelr
Reviewed 14 November 2006

From the secluded location, wonderful food, ample activities and the most friendly staff, Ti Kaye far exceeded my expectations.

We got the Adventure Lovers package and really had a blast. We rode horses, whale watched, climbed the Gros Piton, shopped in Castries and had a massage.

Snorkeling was excellent and we ended up snorkeling multiple times a day. The only problem was on Tuesday when all the boats came in for snorkel trips to Anse Cochon it made for tight quarters snorkeling, which had nothing to do with Ti Kaye.

The food was excellent and was far more affordable than any of the other resorts I looked into. We followed our visit at Ti Kaye with two nights at the Jalousie for a wedding and we discovered what a real find Ti Kaye is.

I felt like I got to see Saint Lucia and more of the way of life there by staying at Ti Kaye. Jalousie was too americanized, touristy and overpriced ($14.00 hotdog at beach restaurant). They also watered down the drinks at Jalousie!?!

We usually ate so much of the free breakfast (try the Saint Lucian breakfast!)that lunch wasn't necessary and when it was, a large sandwich and fries was only $7.00.

After snorkeling or whatever adventure we had for the day, we would freshen up and go to happy hour. 2 for 1 drinks (check the list of drinks included, which is more than ample). We then had dinner. They had live music every night and the bar was open, but honestly, we were usually too tired after all the activities to stay up late. But if you want to hang out and drink, Pilgrim, the bar tender will make you wonderful drinks with lots of rum and will entertain you with his fabulous dance skills!

If you get bored at night (which I doubt you will unless you are very sedentary all day long), they have board games, a TV room, books,etc...

All of the staff made me feel like I was visiting an old friend's house and made our stay truly special. I would like to mention by name Gus, Cleus, Pilgrim, Merlinda, Michael, Theresa, Stella, Dinah, Paul-the Chef, Kenny, Kim, Michael... I could keep going as they were all so wonderful.

I would suggest taking your own snorkel gear if you plan to snorkel so you won't have to rent it because you'll want to venture out every day.

Take clothes pins for curtains/ mosquito nets and run your air at night. Bugs were not really an issue, but I like closing up the curtains to help keep the room cooler at night.

Definitely go to the Friday night fish fry in Anse La Raye. Gus went with our group and helped us find what we wanted. Go to Verna's booth for Accras (Fish cakes), Lobster fritters, crab backs, etc... Do not pay $40 U.S. for Lobster as someone did when we went. Also do not flash your money like your last name is Trump and have smaller bills ready. We ate for less than $30 EC including Piton beers that were $1 EC each. ($1 US=$2.5 to $2.7 EC) Go easy on the free rum punch at Ti Kaye before the fry so you can try the special spice rum available at the Fry.

I would also take a pass on the meal plans, even with alcohol we did not spend as much as we would with the meal plans. For dinner we usually split an appetizer, had entrees and sometimes split a dessert (which were amazing!). Be hungry on Wednesday for dinner because the buffet is absolutely amazing and you will want to try a little of everything.

Do yourself a favor and try to immerse yourself in the culture and cuisine, your trip will end up as special as ours was.

I already wish we could go back. Thanks Ti Kaye for such a beautiful visit!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
19  Thank RMZfromNC
Reviewed 11 November 2006

sorry for the disconjointed paragraphs, but I want to try to hit everything...and typed as things popped into my head.

We also stayed here for the second half of our honeymoon.

Wonder if the plunge pools differ - as we were in cottage Inosan and our pool had a ladder to a ridge around the poll and then it dropped in the center (a space large enough for 2 people to stand) to about 5ft. It was nice - esp. when you had to walk up from the ocean and wanted to cool off. the light in our was broken and you had to go underneath the cottage to turn on the jets (which we never did)

room was beautiful. enjoyed the outdoor shower and bathrobes. water pressure was fine - would have been better if they cleaned the showerhead and all spouts were open!

beach/pool: I found that I did not like the beach being so far away from the rooms/pool. I didn't mind the steps, but sometimes you just want to take a dip in a pool to feel clean (and not salty all day). Also, if you wanted to run to the room it was a hike of course. The beach chairs were well worn and also did not me feel clean/happy. If you stay over a weekend I would suggest doing a tour on Sunday - as the beach is public it was quite crowded and noisy on the weekends. Good part though was no cruise-ship-snorkelers so snorkeling was open all day - if you could deal with the noise.
'merchants' were okay - buysomethinga nd be done with them - not the conch shells as they are a hassle to get thru customs and cannot be carried on planes (the spokes are regarded as weapons). beach is black sadn, which is fine, but added to that 'dirty' feeling I mentioned before.

other guests were so nice and pleasant to talk with at the bar or on the beach.

we brought our own snorkel gear - so much better then renting it each time. we snorkeled several times a day. the best spots we found were at the end of the beach - and you only had to go about 3/4 of the way out to the point. much rougher water after that.

we enjoyed kayaing around. nice secluded beach off to the left from the resort.

eating at the beach restaurant worked great. we usually split a burger (verry large) or got a sandwich plus a salad.
ate dinner each night in the main restaurant. without alcohol that was about $20-30/pp. We usually got appetizers too. Honestly - GREAT food and service.

rented a car one day. not a great rental experience. the rental guy was late Sat. when we reserved the car - and not wanting to start our day at 11/11:30am! we decided to fill out paperrwork that day and rent on Monday - get an early start. Well he didn't leave the keys (which he said he would) and we had to wait again on Monday. Also, when we got into the city every panhandlers knew the 'Ti Kaye' car rented from Ben and tried to be our tour guide. Took much to fend them off! Also, the map given was quite poor. We relied on the maps in the Rough Guide. much better.
enjoyed our own hike in the rainforest, thought the Gardens were boring (sorry) and enjoyed the Sulpher Springs. We also went to the Hilton to check things out there:):) and popped around a few other places.

Because of the car issue we had to cancel our dive, but they substitued a dinner w/ wine. They were quite accomodating.

The staff seemed nice by all accounts.

Nothing to do at night - or even after leaving the beach in the evenings while you waited for dinner time. No snacks. I read 5 books and was ready to leave by the end of the trip.

Now my husband loved doing nothing and the seclusion - so he might write his own review, but this is just my two cents!

I try to check the TripAdvisor forums every few days - if you have questions, just post and I can try to give you any help....

It really was a lovely location/room/menu

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
10  Thank dukedoc
Reviewed 9 November 2006

My husband and I stayed at Ti Kaye for the second half of our honeymoon in October/2006. We stayed in cottage C (Chale) which wasn't out first choice but it was the only one left with a plunge pool so we took it. Our cottage was nice, the A/C worked pretty well (when we had power - there were 4 or 5 outages during our short stay) and the outdoor shower was gorgeous. I was disappointed in our plunge pool since it was quite cool and not very deep at all. There were a couple of steps and a ramp that took up over half of the entire length and the "deep" end only came up to my waist. I may be overly critical because we were spoiled at the first resort we stayed at (Stonefield) where we had a gorgeous plunge pool that was warm and about 5 ft. deep.

Food - Let me preface this by saying that we are both vegetarians. We found the food to be pretty good but our options were quite limited. We didn't always get a vegetarian menu even though we were supposed to since we put the request in ahead of time (they asked us to tell staff each day when we made our dinner reservation and that's what we did but we didn't always get a separate menu anyway). I found it surprising that almost all of the appetizers on the regular menu had meat in them. When we did get a veggie menu, even those appetizers were a bit bizarre since they were often deep-fried, which had me longing for some salad (I thought it was odd that they only had a non-meat salad on their menu once during our stay).

Bugs/Critters - I was very worried about the bugs/frogs/lizards before arriving at Ti Kaye. One could argue that we should have picked a different honeymoon spot since the critters come with the territory but I thought I might not be bothered by them once we were in such beautiful surroundings. We did have a couple of lizards in our room at different times but this didn't bother me too much because they tend to just crawl up the walls and eventually find their way out. I don't think we had any tree frogs in our room, just on the porch. The problem we had which kept me on edge for a good chunk of our trip was with the cockroaches. It wouldn't have been so bad if we'd seen them outside but I was not expecting to have them IN our room. We had 3 over the span of 2 days and they were quite big. Luckily my husband took care of them for me.

Staff - As many others before me have indicated, the staff are VERY nice. Theresa, who works in the restaurant, has got to be the nicest person I have ever met - she was so sweet.

Activities - Due to the location of the resort, most activities involve boats (cruises or water taxis to get to other parts of the island). This was the main reason why we chose to just stay put at Ti Kaye. We participated in activities on the first part of our honeymoon and decided to just relax for the second half. We did make our way down to the beach a couple of times (the steps aren't that bad) but didn't do much else.

Weather - Since we were there in October, we were right in the middle of rainy season and we did get a fair bit of rain. It usually didn't last for more than a couple of hours but it rained quite heavily at night and in the morning. It rained a few times during the day too but we usually found it to be a welcome relief from the heat. The a/c was a very nice feature, especially at night when trying to sleep.

All in all, it wasn't a bad trip but if I could do it over again, I don't think I'd choose Ti Kaye (not for something as special as my honeymoon anyway).

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple